• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stay with another family

KVacc

Mouseketeer
We are staying in a 2bdrm with another family. Are all of their magic band charges going to go on my credit card since my card is linked to the room?

If you go to the front desk with the magic bands they can separate them to specific credit cards. We did this one time when we invited a friend to stay with us. His magic band had his CC attached and our bands had our card attached.

Just make sure you check your bill before you check out, from past experience there are sometimes charges to the wrong person even when you've set up to charge to different bands, I speak from experience. Much easier to fix while you're still there.

We too had an experience where we were staying with out son at his home resort and we placed our credit card on our magic bands but at check out everything had been put on his credit card.

We too had an experience where we were staying with out son at his home resort and we placed our credit card on our magic bands but at check out everything had been put on his credit card.
Ugh! We are going to be there for a week! That’s a lot to go through. Thanks for the heads up though.

Ugh! We are going to be there for a week! That’s a lot to go through. Thanks for the heads up though.

We had a slight issue in that they put my CC on my daughters band and her CC on mine. We noticed the first day so it was easily fixed.

Go the first day and get a print out..if it is correct, you should be all set!

We did this with some friends and had no issues, they stayed in the ‘studio’ part and we were in the ‘1 bedroom’ and never had any issues. Although I didn’t check my bill too closely now that I think about it!

We also have done this several times over the years, and if the other family stops by the front desk, they'll put another card on other members in your party. It's worked just fine each time, so you should be fine. And if something were to go astray, the Disney folio shows the name associated with the MB that made the charge - you could iron it out later. But you shouldn't have any issue.

We Travel with another couple - 3 to 4 times a year over the last several years in the same 2BDR arrangement - never had an issue - nor did it seem all that difficult or bothersome to setup.

It's actually a very easy process. Do it at check in (at the resort) and it should not be a problem. Check your accounts every now and then to make sure all the charges look correct. If not, it only takes a few minutes to fix at the front desk, as long as you don't wait until the charge is processed to your actual credit card. It's still easy to fix, it just takes longer.

Can you still do online check-in, or do you just check in at front desk? We are also planning on bringing another family to stay with us in a dedicated 2BDRM for the first time later this year. I think I read somewhere else that you shouldn’t do online check-in if you want to have 2 different credit cards linked to your room/MB.

Can you still do online check-in, or do you just check in at front desk? We are also planning on bringing another family to stay with us in a dedicated 2BDRM for the first time later this year. I think I read somewhere else that you shouldn’t do online check-in if you want to have 2 different credit cards linked to your room/MB.
We've done this. There's really no reason to not do the online check-in, which should get you info about the room and when it's ready. However, if you need a separate credit card for another family on the reservation, you'll need to do that at the front desk anyway (at least that's how we did it to make sure the charges were correct). So we did both - online check-in, and then when the room was ready, we had a cast member set up the other family with their card.

You will have to stop at the FD before they start charging to the room, if you want them to pay by a different credit card. You can do online check in, get settled in, then go to the FD, it’s up to you. The longer you wait after check in, the more complicated it could get. Make sure the additional guests are added to your reservation prior to arrival, it will make things easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter