Staying at a resort that is being refurbbed

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
I am hoping maybe someone can put my mind (or rather my husband's) at ease!

We are currently booked at CBR, we enjoy CBR but POR is our true favorite moderate resort. Our dates are in June and as I understand it, POR will be in the midst of a refurb at that time.

My husband is afraid there will be workmen all over the place, loud noises, and that the tranquil feel we love at POR will be ruined.

POFQ and CSR are sold out for our dates and if POR wasn't being refurbbed, I would not have booked CBR in the first place since we are big POR lovers. Its still available under the current discount but if I change and we feel like we are staying in a construction zone, I'll never hear the end of it. Can anyone who has stayed at a resort during a refurb give me some insight?

We stayed at the Contemporary during it's room renovations in the Tower a few years ago and the floors that were being worked on was covered up and we didn't hear any noise. We also stayed there when the 4th floor was being renovated and we happened to be over the area where the Fantasia store is when it was being built, so we heard the noise from there when the construction was happening which was only during the morning/afternoon. Had we been on the Chef Mickey's side then chances are we wouldn't heard the construction while it was happening.

I just stayed at French Quarter during the refurbishment (that is still on-going) - and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. They are only doing one building at a time. The only slight problem was that some of the parking area was closed so they could put the construction vehicles there. We never heard any noise from the building that was being worked on. And - they are only doing interior work, so the construction noise will be contained by the walls.

POR is so big that the odds of you being right next to the one building under refurbishment at the time you are there are pretty small. You can always blame me if you run into problems!! :)

Thank you both so much!

I went ahead and booked POR, I can't wait and I know it will be fine.:goodvibes

We stayed at the BWVs while they were being renovated and as the others have said, we never heard any noise at all and you wouldn't even no any work was being done. Go and enjoy - don't worry about it.

We stayed at POP this past September when it was still being refurbed. Only once, while on a walk around the grounds did we even see anyone working on anything, and it was far from bothersome. Our building was already done so there was no bother of the refurb. POR is a resort with several buildings like POP, so I would just try and request to stay away from the building being refurbed while you are there (usually they dont have guests stay in the building the day of the refurb anyhow).

Wife and I stayed at POP last year during theirs and it wasnt bad at all. We were in a building being redone and the only sign you could see was the painters on the outside. You dont hear or even see much. I wouldnt worry.

I am hoping maybe someone can put my mind (or rather my husband's) at ease!

We are currently booked at CBR, we enjoy CBR but POR is our true favorite moderate resort. Our dates are in June and as I understand it, POR will be in the midst of a refurb at that time.

My husband is afraid there will be workmen all over the place, loud noises, and that the tranquil feel we love at POR will be ruined.

POFQ and CSR are sold out for our dates and if POR wasn't being refurbbed, I would not have booked CBR in the first place since we are big POR lovers. Its still available under the current discount but if I change and we feel like we are staying in a construction zone, I'll never hear the end of it. Can anyone who has stayed at a resort during a refurb give me some insight?

Thanks so much everyone, POR is our favorite resort, I think my husband just got a bit worried because of the way they are redoing the Disneyland Hotel right now in Disneyland, its beyond a refurb, its being torn up all over the place and it was like a construction zone! He had visions of that but I assured him it is fine.

So POR here we come!:woohoo:

I didn't have the same experience at Pop as the others. We were there last May during the refurb and in the same building that was being worked on. We heard hammering and quite a bit of loud noise the morning we were leaving - I would have liked to have slept in a bit, but we couldn't. Also, the day before during the afternoon we were hanging out in our room for a rest and heard a lot of noise. If I'd had a child I was trying to put down for a nap, I'd have been quite annoyed.

As long as you ask to stay away from the buildings being worked on, you'll probably be fine.

Thank you both so much!

I went ahead and booked POR, I can't wait and I know it will be fine.:goodvibes

im so glad you made the switch. dd and i are por fans too! we went to cbr last September as my family members wanted to try something different. the whole time we were at cbr we wished we were at riverside. i like cbr, had no issues with it. we just like everything much better at riverside. have a great trip!!:hippie:

We stayed at POP last May when they were in the midst of room refurbs. I think we were actually the first guests to stay in our room after it was refurbed! All so new and fresh. Rooms were being worked on just below us. They only work during the daytime hours, and not SUPER early in the morning when guests might still be asleep. We had no complaints whatsoever. Just think - guests will typically be out of their rooms during the daytime, so that's when they'll do the work. NO work at night was done. Disney's a pro at this, they're not going to make it an inconvenience for the guests.

I stayed at fort wilderness lodge while it was in refurb, I didn't see any workmen around the resort maybe one or 2 working on the outside at a time, but no sound coming from them, there shouldn't be a problem. If there is with sound you could request to move to a different room away from it, but I don't think there will be a problem.

like others said, they do their work at times when people really aren't going to be inside. They don't work too early and will never work at night. They do it at times that will be the least of an inconvenience to the guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter