• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

staying at DLH in June/July..what tour company recommend for Hollywood?

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi there..we will be staying at the DLH from 6/27-7/3...I called them to find out they do have tour companies that will pick you up at the hotel for tours of LA/Hollywood.

Has anyone done this? Recommend one? Will be traveling with 2 sons, ages 10 & 5...so not too long.....also what are costs?

Or should we do on our own? Thanks

I did a search for Hollywood tours from Anaheim, and found this question and was wondering if anyone knew the answer?
Thanks

We did a tour many moons ago, and even though we did a private one where we booked our own driver etc, it still was pretty much a wasted day. We saw a couple of sites, the walls of some stars homes, farmers market etc and overall were very disappointed. I would decide exactly what you would want to visit, say the Hollywood sign, or Rodeo Drive etc, and arrange for your own transport to get there.

It is pretty easy to arrange once there through the hotel concierge who will have contacts. Also, it will be much much cheaper, and you can control how long you drive around for and exactly where you want to go.

I reckon stars homes is pretty much a waste, but there are plenty of other areas that are good to visit at least once. Hope this helps.

Is it fairly easy to drive to Hollywood? My son is severely star struck so this is a pretty much "must do" on our trip. Thanks!! :)

Hi, we drove there from Anaheim and it was very easy, just headed up the I5 north until the 101 and then followed the signs for Sunset Boulevard, to be honest we only spent 30 minutes at Manns Theatre and took a few pictures of the Hollywood sign from there (expensive parking!) then we drove right down Sunset through Beverley Hills to Santa Monica and went on the pier etc, we then drove down the PCH for a bit eventually heading towards Inglewood to get on the 405 (due to congestion on the PCH), scary as it's an area everyone told us to avoid but it was easy, I don't think we actually went into Inglewood :-) My point is that we are from the UK and had never driven in CA before and we found it easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter