• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Ft. Wilderness Campsite w/ rented RV

msquoted

Planning our jolly holiday
My family and I had a spectacular time with our very first on-site trip staying in a RV at the campsites.
A few details about our trip:
Members of our party... Myself, DH, our three boys (ages 11, 8 and 6) and our good friend/might as well be family, Zach.
We purchased our park tickets through the Youth Education Program and my 11year old and 8 year old did the Marine Conservation class at Epcot.
We stayed in a Melbourne – 2013 KZ Sportsmen 314 BHK which we rented from Greenberg RV. We flew in on August 5th, were picked up by the magical express and our RV was all set up and ready to go by the time we got to the campsites.
On Arrival day we got to the campsites around 3pm. I had a Uber driver pick me up and take me to WalMart. Grabbed some groceries for the week including marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate for the campfire and then had another Uber driver pick me up and take me back to our campsite. The first driver picked me up by where you check-in at the resort but the second driver was able to take me right up to our campsite and even helped me unload our groceries. Total cost for the uber drivers was $19
While I was unpacking the groceries and getting dinner started (chicken and broccoli Alfredo)- the guys all went and swam. They had a great time. After dinner we all went to the campfire sing-along, roasted marshmallows and started to watch Tinkerbell and the Neverbeast before calling it a night halfway through the movie and heading to bed.

I'll be back with more details about the rest of our trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter