• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

staying at Gatwick the night before

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We are staying at the Hilton at Gatwick the night beofre our flight, we are not driving to the airport, and want to do Virgins Twighlight (oops have I spelt this right) check in, but what do we do with our overnight bag on the day of our flight.

Do we
1. take it as extra hand luggage
2. can we check it in the morning of the flight
3. or can we leave it at left luggage

any advise from anyone who has done this in the past would be appreciated - we've always driven to the hotel before and left the dirties! in the boot of the car, but won't be able to this time.

I would have thought that (1) would be your best bet so you don't have to queue up twice at check-in. We stayed at the Hilton Gatwick and just had a few toiletries and bits that I stuffed back into the suitcase in the morning (we didn't use Twilight check-in).

However, when I used the Downtown Disney check-in last year I checked in our car seat later on when we arrived at the airport, so I would have thought that this would be possible on the way out as in theory they are the same.

I'm not sure if this answer is of any help at all, or, even makes any sense, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say!! :rolleyes:

Astrid :confused:

we have decided to stay in a hotel in gatwick the night before we travel but we won't check in the day before - we shall just check in early on the day we fly and then go off and have breakfast in the airport.

we didn't want to check in our luggage and then have to worry about the clothes we wore to the hotel so just thought it was easier to arrive at check in earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter