• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying caffeinated in the parks with Starbucks

MrDisneyFan

Former Californian now a local Orlandian
I don’t know about you but if I don’t get my morning cup of coffee watch out! If I’m planning a day at Disneyland I’m going to need my Grande 5 shot flat white with soy milk and 2 pumps of vanilla, mmm mmm! I’m an admitted Starbucks addict and it’s a shame to see everyone lined up in those long lines for their caffeine fix. Getting desperate and stuck in a coffee line happens to the best of us but here are a couple of quick tips to get a good cup of coffee (and even a bite to eat) without spending 30 minutes in line and possibly missing your extra magic hour or magic morning.

Inside Disneyland or Disney California Adventure
If you’re in the park and you really need a cup of Starbucks earlier is better. That’s the best advice because through the rest of the day if the lines aren’t crazy. If you can manage to get in line to Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café in DCA or the Market House in DLR first thing you may not be so bad off. The time window is pretty narrow though. It doesn’t look like this for long…

Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
25542600403_686aa0a014_o_d.jpg

Best option for coffee (and some quick breakfast)
The absolute best option is going to be the Starbucks in Downtown Disney and order using the Starbucks mobile app.

The mobile order function has been out for a while and is now available everywhere in the US (no, sadly it doesn’t work for Fiddler Fifer and Practical Café or the Market House inside the park). But it seems to be a big secret because every time I walk into Downtown Disney Starbucks I see a tremendous line of poor people that will be there for the next 30 minutes ordering then waiting for their coffee and breakfast. Do yourself a favor people – download the Starbucks app and register a Starbucks card with your account! You can put your mobile order in about 10 minutes (15 minutes to be really safe but usually unnecessary) before you get to the store and it will be waiting for you at the pickup counter. It's like Disney magic with your coffee! Food too? Yes! You can order pretty much anything on their menu and customize drinks to your heart’s desire. If we’re staying near or on property I always give myself enough time to make sure I can swing by to pick up my order. Of course it works much better if you are coming in through the Downtown Disney side or from one of the DLR hotels. If you’re coming from the Mickey and Friends parking it works great as well! Put in your order when the tram picks you up at the lot. The tram drops you off right in front of Starbucks and your items should be hot and ready to pick up when you get there. Coming from Harbor Blvd you’ll have to decide if it’s worth it to cross over to Downtown Disney then back through security again.

Downtown Disney Starbucks
25540471114_71c694a480_o_d.jpg

One final thing I'll add that this can also be a great option if you’re leaving the park and need a pick me up on the way out. More than once I’ve been headed out in the afternoon or evening and had a long drive ahead of me. A small half caffeinated coffee makes that drive up the I5 freeway just a little more tolerable.

What are your tips for staying caffeinated in the parks?

Just to note: another Starbucks location will be coming to DtD. It will be west of the Lego Store, next to the DVC office. Construction is going on now. This will be great for DLH guests, movie patrons, and convention attendees.

We always grab our Venti iced lattes during rope drop and finish them before the rope goes down! It is so nice to have half decent coffee in Disneyland and DCA now. We budget for two a day...sometimes three on those long days.

#IHotelBreakForNoOne

I've done mobile order twice now and still waited 20+ minutes for the order because there were SO many people also doing that. Post Star Wars 10k we nearly started a support group the wait was so long. I still wonder if that two mochas two croissants order person ever picked up their order...

Anyway, it's hardly a secret given the waits for orders I've had. And we don't want to make that wait longer, so shhhhh......

I wish Disney Starbucks locations would create an express line exclusive for "brewed coffee only". It's frustrating waiting for a simple. cup. of. coffee. when there are 20 people ahead of me wanting laborious creations.

Bumbershoot - I feel like this post in itself is the beginnings of a support group! Haha!

We don't visit often, last time Starbucks was not in the parks yet... Looking forward to it this time! Maybe lattes should have a fast pass too... :lmao:

I wish Disney Starbucks locations would create an express line exclusive for "brewed coffee only". It's frustrating waiting for a simple. cup. of. coffee. when there are 20 people ahead of me wanting laborious creations.

I agree! Even though I don't drink the drip coffee often (I'm one of those ordering a laborious creation :)) but for these busy locations it would make so much sense to have a drip coffee only line. No food, no specialty orders, just coffee in a cup!

I wish all the Starbucks did this. I love stopping to just grab a black cup of coffee before school pickup, only to get stuck behind someone ordering for 8 people at work, all who want very detailed drinks.

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely planning a couple of afternoon pick-me-ups on the way back to the hotel.

I'm not a coffee drinker but I'd be a mess without my caffeine by way of fresh brewed iced tea! If you are staying on Harbor Blvd you could always hit up Panera Bread for their coffee or tea! :dog2:

I'm not a coffee drinker but I'd be a mess without my caffeine by way of fresh brewed iced tea! If you are staying on Harbor Blvd you could always hit up Panera Bread for their coffee or tea! :dog2:

Panera is located on the spot where Millie's used to be and wasn't open yet when we went last December, but it'll be a definite stop for us this fall! I'm happy there's a place for coffee and also for a good salad to go, right outside our hotel. We always stay at the Fairfield.

Thank goodness Starbucks is in the parks! One question-are Disney Park Starbucks mugs available for each park? On my trip to WDW last year, my favorite souvenir was getting a Disney mug at each Starbucks! They're what I drink my coffee out of every day. One day I'm having my morning coffee at Epcot and then the next day, maybe Magic Kingdom! It's silly, I know, but I love those mugs!

Our last visit we stopped into the Starbucks at Market House - this was around 11:30 on a Thursday morning. We waited not even 5 minutes to place our order and about 2 minutes to pick it up. We thought the place was a well operated machine and honestly left there thinking lines, what lines?

However, I do agree that if there are significant lines there should be an express line for coffee only.

We are not big Starbucks fans to be honest, so unless we want some form of espresso type drink we never bother - but it was a nice treat that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter