Staying elsewhere on HHI, can we get a Mickey Bar?

Wenny

Mouseketeer
We just booked a week in a condo elsewhere in Palmetto Dunes area and I just discovered it's a 10 min bike ride to HHI. We're not visiting WDW this year, saving points for Aulani, so we'd love to head over for Mickey Bars now and then. Are non-guests able to visit the quick serve spots? We know we wouldn't be able to use any amenities - like the pool and such.

Sure.......you won't have an issue. You can ride bikes or walk onto the property. If you are driving, go to shelter cove, turn right and cross the bridge to the resort. There will be a security gate. You can ring the front desk and explain you want to visit the gift shop or there are parking spaces to the left before the gate. Park there and walk.

There used to be a non guest window at the Disney Beach Club, I would bet you can get a Mickey Bar there as well. Also, the general store near the Tennis Center in Palmetto Dunes is a great snack and candy shop for the family.

Have Fun!

I hadn't even considered the beach house! I just checked the map and we are staying right next door. In Villamare condos. Awesome!

We have been in HHI almost a month. At least twice a.week, we have gone to the resort for a Mickey bar. We were told we can go to the store and order food as nonstaying guests. We plan to go tomorrow as the resort is celebrating its 20th year.

We have been in HHI almost a month. At least twice a.week, we have gone to the resort for a Mickey bar. We were told we can go to the store and order food as nonstaying guests. We plan to go tomorrow as the resort is celebrating its 20th year.

Do you know if you can order at the beach house? I'm thinking they may keep that area pretty restricted to guests with wrist bands.

That dole whip is sounding pretty awesome!

We stayed at another resort on HH several years ago and stopped by Disney's resort. The kids asked for a Mickey Bar and we were told they didn't sell them because they would melt from WDW to HH. It was the lamest excuse we had ever heard. Our kids were teens and preteens so they thought the lady was an idiot because she actually thought they would believe it. Have never been back so not sure if they even sell them. We still laugh about this every now and then. :)

Do you know if you can order at the beach house? I'm thinking they may keep that area pretty restricted to guests with wrist bands.

You need your room key to get access to the beach house.

Although you do need a key to get into the beach house, anyone can access Signals. There's a non guest entrance on the side where the public beach access. They have a window to order food with tables to sit at as well.

you wont have a problem getting into the resort just have your DVC id card and let them know what you want to do. I dont think you can get in the Beach house without a key.

Thank you for all the advice, folks! We just returned from our trip and can confirm all that was said above. We could walk to the Beach House snack bar (Signals) from both the beach side and the road side - but could not enter the Beach House. We stocked up on Mickey bars for the condo, but I never did sample the pineapple whip. We biked to the resort several times and had full access to the grounds. My husband drove over one evening and was let right in to park. We enjoyed visiting the resort and dropped some money at the gift shop and the resort snack bar as well. :rolleyes:

It's a gorgeous property. And it was so nice to have a taste of Disney on our "off" year.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
And you can get a Dole Whip at the Beach Club window (open to the public on the left side as you walk from the parking lot)!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter