Staying Off Site for Christmas Vacation

Bertie9396

Mouseketeer
Well, we are getting closer to our first every Christmas away from home. We will be staying at a villa in Indian Point (Kissimmee) from December 20-January 3.

We have been to WDW twice before and we are familiar with the theme parks but this go round we only have one day planned at MK on December 23. It is getting close to our FP+ time and I'm on the fence if I should even bother. We will be there early (will miss Rope Drop because of EMH - the only disadvantage to staying off site, IMO). The only real must-dos are all in Fantasy Land. Our daughter is 9 (almost 10) and the only child in our group and she while she loves everything Disney, she's not obsessed with any particular character or attraction. I would like to do the 7DMT and we have our fave rides throughout the park that we will try to hit but know we can't do it all. We have an early dinner ADR for CRT. Am I crazy to be considering not booking FP+?

We have never been to USO or IAO so we might visit one of those parks as well and hubby and his Dad want to visit Kennedy Space Center. But we don't have days booked for these things. The only other things we have booked in advance, other then our MK day, are a Tampa Bay Lighting/Toronto Maple Leaf game (surprise Christmas gift for hubby and Dad) and Shrekfeast at Gaylord Palms (surprise for DD).

People are telling me I should have more planned. But I want to be able to wake up most mornings and say "Hey, today would be a great day to sit by the pool and read!" or "today let's go and...." I am on VACATION over the HOLIDAYS and don't want to be stuck on a strict agenda or timeline. The thought of a complicated touring plan for MK and having to be at this ride or that parade at a particular time is stressing me out. Normally, I'm a planner but just don't have it in my this time. Maybe because DD is older? Maybe because I did the hard-core Disney thing last time? Maybe I'm too lazy?? LOL

I can't be the only who feels this way, can I? No matter, I am so excited to be getting away for a bit and my first ever (please, Mother Nature, please) Green Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter