Steak? Where you do like and why

So if you are on DDP I would say Yachtsman. Other great options on property are Shula's and with an Uber/Taxi Bull and Bear. If you have $ to drop on a serious steak Bull and Bear at the Waldorf cannot be beat.

Another vote for Shula's. Unless you're looking for the best bang for a buck with the dining plan then Yachtsman.

And another vote for Shula's. Many of the Disney owned and operated restaurants are hit or miss. We have sometimes had a great steak at a place not known for their steak and had on overly salty one at Yachtsman.

We ate at Yachtsman Sunday night for the first time and the steaks were terrible. I sent mine back and the new one was only marginally better. Sounds like we hit on a bad night since everyone else seems to love it.

I do have to say the Ceasar salad appetizer was the best Ceasar I've ever had!!

We ate at Yachtsman Sunday night for the first time and the steaks were terrible. I sent mine back and the new one was only marginally better. Sounds like we hit on a bad night since everyone else seems to love it.

I do have to say the Ceasar salad appetizer was the best Ceasar I've ever had!!
Like seasoned wrong or not good quality terrible?

Like seasoned wrong or not good quality terrible?

I ordered it medium and the first one came out and the outside was totally charred. The waiter agreed that it looked pretty bad and had them cook a new one - the new one was overcooked, but not charred. The meat was gray with no pink. It also didn't really taste like it had much seasoning. My DH ordered the same thing (the 10 oz filet) and his was more on the medium rare side.

I think the cook must have just been having a bad night because I have read TONS of great reviews about the place.

I recently had a fantastic ribeye at California grill, it was even better than the ribeye at Le Cellier

Yachtsman hands down. It's a must do every trip for us. I've eaten there quite a few times over the years and have always had an amazing experience.

I have to completely disagree with most on Yachtsman. It was terrible and oversalted and the sides were the same. We were a party of 4 adults who all ordered different cuts...none of us thought it was good and we all tasted each others just to make sure we weren't crazy. It all looked great, and was cooked the way we ordered...it was just awful. I also thought the atmosphere was lacking...not bad. Just not for me.
I feel the same about Le Cellier Steakhouse. Have eaten there several times and I found both the food and service to be uneven at best.

Have eaten steak at CG, V&A, and a few other signature places too that were all good to exceptional. I'm not a huge fan of California Grill...the food there is phenomenal and it would be a great place for a group meal/lounge/drinks place. But when my wife and I are having a special fancy night like my signature dining experiences to be more relaxing. I think everyone at CG gets so excited to watch the fireworks from the roof that it feels more like you are eating a super high end meal while waiting for the parade...

Aside from Victoria and Albert's where we were fortunate enough to have an experience of a lifetime on our Disneymoon, my hands down best place for beef filet and overall excellent experience is ARTIST POINT.
Consistently a wonderful cut, perfectly seasoned, melty medium rare delight. A perfect example of what a steak should be. They don't slather it in salt and butter. The steak is the focus of the meal. I think there is a house made steak sauce that comes with it but I have never needed to try it. The sides are usually some kind of potato and roasted root vegetable which they will substitute if you don't think you will like what the steak comes with...we usually go in fall so I can't comment on the seasonal changes and I also specify beef because they usually offer a Bison steak of some kind as well which I have never tried. I have never had anything less than a fantastic meal there and find that the atmosphere for the early seating to be intimate and a wonderful break from the constant input of the parks.

Shula's for me. They're the only ones on property that I've tried that will cook my steak correctly. I like my steaks extra rare, with a cold, purple center. Nowhere else will cook it that way, even though I'm very specific when I order.

Yachtsman for me. I splurged last trip and got the Wagyu and it was fantastic. Service was excellent and they had a really good Moscato I liked.

Last trip, I had steak at Jungle Canteen, and Sci Fi- Sci Fi's was WAY better- very flavorful and worth the money- Jungle Canteen was bland and flavorless (despite having some more exotic marinades and accompliments).

Also had the Wagyu beef at Tiffins which was absolutely magnificent meal for a beef eater (but probably not fair to compare this signature restaurant dish to something at a standard table service.

My favourite is definitely Shula’s. The service and atmosphere is great and the food is outstanding. Without fail I have a medium filet mignon and it’s cooked perfectly. The Yachtsman I would also rate very highly.

We love Yachtsman. The steaks are wonderful and so are the service and sides. I think their weak point used to be dessert, but this last trip those were excellent as well.

For something a little out of the ordinary you can’t go wrong with Jiko.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter