Steakhouse 51

Terry6228

Earning My Ears
Staying at Poly end of April. Wanted a reservation for an early dinner to get back to resort for fireworks but the earliest was 8:00. Bouncing an idea around if anyone has managed it. If flight gets in at 11:40 and I have a 1:55 lunch reservation would that be entirely too crazy to make???? Is lunch as good as I hear dinner is?

Depending upon how long it takes you to get your bags and transportation, this should be very doable. We typically just have carryon bags (no checked bags) and can get a rental car (Hertz Gold or similar without wait at counter) or Uber, and this only takes 40 minutes from landing to being in the car driving to WDW. If you allow for 40 minutes driving, then you can make it from the plane landing to being in the resort in ~90 minutes. That would mean your 1:55 lunch would work well.

As for lunch at Steakhouse 71, I personally love it. We prefer lunch over dinner because it breaks up the day nicely (walking from MK or BLT). The menu is the same (or nearly the same), and I'd recommend a menu hack - order the bar version of the Mac-and-cheese that includes bacon and a hint of jalapeños (not too spicy). It's fantastic. The PB&J wings are messy but also delicious.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy SH71!

The menu is the same (or nearly the same), and I'd recommend a menu hack - order the bar version of the Mac-and-cheese that includes bacon and a hint of jalapeños (not too spicy). It's fantastic. The PB&J wings are messy but also delicious.

Just piggy backing this thread a bit - We were wanting to go to Steakhouse 71 for lunch as well but on the app it doesn't show all the steak cuts options for lunch? Just a few entrées..? So if you want the nice steaks it has to be for dinner?

A few thoughts....
1. If all goes well, it should be doable, but that is a not at all certain these days. You may well have a flight delay, variable timing on luggage, airport monorail, traffic on i-4, and I don't know how you plan to get from MCO to WDW. If you are taking a shuttle bus, that also adds time.

If necessary, you can cancel an ADR up to 2 hours , but it is also not that hard to get an ADR ate Steakhouse 71. Instead of making one now, looking for availability when you land is also an option. Mobile order is also an option.

We've had mixed experiences at Steakhouse 71. Sometimes our food has been outstanding, sometimes our food was not that great. I do suggest looking at both lunch and dinner menu ahead of time.

Just piggy backing this thread a bit - We were wanting to go to Steakhouse 71 for lunch as well but on the app it doesn't show all the steak cuts options for lunch? Just a few entrées..? So if you want the nice steaks it has to be for dinner?
It seems the only steak cut available for lunch is a hanger steak which has a true beef taste to it unlike the filet mignonette cuts whose main advantage is the tenderness. The other beef cuts are thinly cut prime rib and Salisbury steak which is basically a ground beef patty with gravy. So if you want something different wait for dinner or checkout the Canadian restaurant in EPCOT or perhaps Tiffins in AK for lunch.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter