Steakhouse 71 or STK Orlando?

lklasing

Told that I need DA meetings - Disney Anonymous
Good morning! I'm working on planning our trip with another couple. They love steak, so I thought I'd include either Steakhouse 71 or STK Orlando. We don't usually eat at steak places, so I don't know which would be better. I'd love your thoughts on which is better food-wise and all the way around (ambiance, etc.).

Thanks!

I've not eaten at either but read STK has a nightclub like atmosphere.
We tried STK, the food was excellent. However, they can't decide if they want to be fine dining or a club pounding out the music. We went early (5-ish) I think the music started around 5:30-6:00. My understanding is they increase the volume as the night goes on.

We tried STK, the food was excellent. However, they can't decide if they want to be fine dining or a club pounding out the music. We went early (5-ish) I think the music started around 5:30-6:00. My understanding is they increase the volume as the night goes on.
That is good to know, thank you. We really like Steakhouse 71 in November.

Oh my gosh, y'all - I had no idea that STK was potentially more like a nightclub than a restaurant. We will definitely go to Steakhouse 71. Thanks so much!!

Haven't been to STK, but have walked by several times at night. If you didn't know it was a steakhouse, you would think it was a nightclub by the noise.

If you didn't know it was a steakhouse, you would think it was a nightclub by the noise.
And I'm just remembering that some diners were very much into evening wear gear, like dressed up for a night out. I guess they're filling a niche at Disney Springs?

And I'm just remembering that some diners were very much into evening wear gear, like dressed up for a night out. I guess they're filling a niche at Disney Springs?
Forgot about that, but some were really dressed up.

We had a very disappointing experience at Steakhouse 71, the food was much better prior to the remodel. If you truly want a good steak, try Blue Zoo. Fantastic food and nice atmosphere.

My future cardiac surgeon will refer to this post in shame, BUT my husband and I straight tore through the Disney Steakhouse list and then repeated this... just to make sure, for consistency... and found that the best steak, in loose order (favoring the strip or porter), that Bull & Bear was overall king, but Shula's had great service and consistency, Morimoto's had an excellent preparation of the filet, and Boathouse was great but inconsistent. Topolino's-- had an excellent experience while I was there but only ate the steak once. Never had a good experience at STK-- never liked it while living up north (NYC location) and never liked in Disney Springs. However, I recently ate at Trattoria al Forno and had the strip there and it was excellent-- but Tim is there from Flying Fish, where the steak was always pretty solid. So great, it's 7:52am and I'm ready for steak!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter