STEAKHOUSE 71!!

Bummed about the loss of the breakfast buffet, but otherwise breakfast menu looks “Disney typical boring,” nothing special. Lunch looks good but on both the lunch and dinner menu I’m disappointed there’s not a better salad option. A lot of folks don’t like blue cheese!

If I wanted that and didn't like blue cheese, I'd just ask for a substitution. My picky kids change Disney menu items all the time, " can you leave this off, can you add that instead....."

Not sure if it missed it in a previous post but prices can been seen on the menu if you view it through the MDE app

Oh gracious - I went running over to the restaurants page on the WDW site to see the menu and I looked high and low and could NOT find it....then I realized I was searching for "The Wave"...

🥴

This is going to be a tough name change to "stick" in my brain!

But I know where we're going for dinner before the Merriest Christmas party in November!

Guess time will tell, but we're very disappointed with the change from The Wave to yet another steakhouse. There's obviously a market for the steakhouses, or they probably would not have made the change, but we're going to miss the food and service of The Wave. The Wave was unique. There are probably 1/2 dozen steakhouses on property. But I guess with all the major changes going on all around WDW, this one would be considered minor. I just don't see us going anytime soon. For those of you who do go, I hope it's really good and I hope you enjoy.

oh me too! I don’t want prix fixe! I wonder if they are trying to get rid of people just doing desserts for fireworks?

No clue...I guess we'll have to wait and see what is finally announced! Today is my 60 day window for ADRs but I have a split stay so it's not giving me anything beyond the first 2 days of my trip...and even though they've announced SH71 opening October 1 and S220 opening September I don't see info on when reservations will open? Anyone know when you can start making ADRs at SH71?

No clue...I guess we'll have to wait and see what is finally announced! Today is my 60 day window for ADRs but I have a split stay so it's not giving me anything beyond the first 2 days of my trip...and even though they've announced SH71 opening October 1 and S220 opening September I don't see info on when reservations will open? Anyone know when you can start making ADRs at SH71?

Someone posted above 9/16.

I hope I can get a dinner reservation for October 1st. When my ADR window opened, there was an issues with the server and I could only make a reservation for my arrival date of Sept. 30, I had to call in and by the time I was able to reach a CM, there were no dinner reservations on October 1 for any Magic Kingdom resort. I keep trying multiple times per day, but still can't find a dinner ADR for October 1.

I am looking at the prices and they are not too bad. Especially when you are comparing to California Grill. I think it interesting that they still categorize it as casual dining. Did Steakhouse 55 in Disneyland classify as casual dining?

I am looking at the prices and they are not too bad. Especially when you are comparing to California Grill. I think it interesting that they still categorize it as casual dining. Did Steakhouse 55 in Disneyland classify as casual dining?

No, but the prices were higher and it was much more upscale. But it was the only nicer restaurant at the hotel. We have CA Grill already, so makes sense to make us a mid-point restaurant.

So happy that the prices didn't jump dramatically! It seems most things at Disney do nowadays. My favorite meal (the filet) increased just $2. Not bad! If we keep our February trip, we will definitely be eating here.

ETA: I do think they went from two sides to one side though. One of the sides was replaced with a sauce. Not super happy about that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter