Step 3: Magical Stays, Enchanting Decisions - The Discovery of Sleep-Around Points (SAP) and Our Home at Saratoga Springs!

emchen

Let's Discover*!
DVC Gold
Our last enchanting stay in Walt Disney World (WDW) before we purchased our first contract was in June of 2017, a time filled with magic and wonder. On that trip, I splurged for a hotel room at the Contemporary for 3 or 4 nights. The cost was close to $1,500, just for the room, but the experience was priceless.

We had such a delightful time at WDW that I was utterly captivated by staying "on property" in deluxe rooms. Though we've enjoyed our share of value and moderate resort accommodations, with our young family of five, room space and convenient distance to the parks had become our priority.

After our first step into the magical world of Disney Vacation Club (DVC), I eagerly began to plot our next visit for April of 2020. The DISboards forums turned out to be a mesmerizing rabbit hole of DVC intricacies, filled with enchanting terms like ROFR, subsidized dues, loaded contracts, "the most economical resort", and the mystifying concept of sleep-around points (SAPs).

The whole idea of SAPs fascinated me, and I realized I needed SAPs before returning to WDW. In 2019, Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) was, without much debate, the most economical source of SAPs around. The contract I found was from international sellers and offered a magical discount down to $95 per point.

I made an offer, it was accepted, and despite a slight delay due to the sellers being on the other side of the world in Japan, Saratoga Springs became our latest Disney home! Our running total was nearly doubled by adding the 200-point contract, to 435 points.

Our journey was expanding, our dreams evolving, and our connection to the magic of Disney growing deeper. Stay tuned as our family's DVC adventure continues to unfold (Step 4)...to reveal the obtainable unicorn that is a subsidized Aulani contract!

Full disclosure: I prompted ChatGPT-4 to edit and proof in the style of DVC from a first-person viewpoint. React to see the original draft (15 reactions)! See steps 1 and 2 by clicking on the respective resort banner in the signature.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter