Still cannot decide!

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
We still cannot decide what we want to do! It's between a 7 night Western and 3 or 4 nights on the Wonder with possibly some nights at WDW.

Can someone talk me into either the Wonder or the Magic? On the Wonder, we'll probably do inside staterooms, the Magic we might do an inside and a navigator's verandah (or should we go for the full verandah?).

:)

this will by my 1st cruise but people say that the wonder is tooo short so i would go on the magic
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

3 or 4-day cruises are too short for us so I'd pick the 7-day on the Magic. However, if you've never been to WDW perhaps the land/sea package would be the way to go. HTH

We went with the 4 day and was satisfied with that. It would have been way to exhausting (I think) to have tried to do the 3 day. We had a great time and for our first time cruising it was the right choice. I could have stayed 7 but DH and the kids were ready to get off and begin our week in Orlando in larger accomodations! This is not to say they didn't LOVE the cruise, because they did.

If you do a 7 day, I would definitely get the verandah. It's such a plus to have one and if you're going to be on a full week, it'll be great to sit out and get fresh air in your jammies, if you feel like it!!

Good luck in your decision.

Jenn

Cali-D, I just got back from my first cruise. We did the 7-night, and we're glad we did. 3 or 4 nights is just too short. It takes that long just to learn your way around the ship! There is so much to do and enjoy that I could've used another week. Alas, that will have to wait till May '04 when we take our second 7-night cruise.

Our very first cruise we did the 4 day cruise/3 day land...this was on the Magic the year before they even started the 7 day cruises! Anyway, we felt the same way, the 4 day was great fun but too short. It was basically a way for us to see if we even liked cruising at all. But we ended up booking the 7 day as soon as we returned..that's how much we liked it. Now I can't imagine going on the 4 day....we don't even go to the parks either, my kids/teens just prefer the cruise.

Save yourself the time/money and do the 7 day from the start...you will be happy you did it that way!

I vote for the 7 night eastern, its so relaxing with three sea days! The western is great too but a little busier! The 3 night was fun for a weekend break but no where near as relaxing or as good of a value as the 7 nighters!

Thanks for the replies. I'd love some more opinions, too. ;) We have been to WDW quite a few times, and on the Wonder once. So, we do know what the cruise is like, and also that we love WDW. :)

I guess we're in the minority...we like the shorter cruises! We did the 4-night last December and we're doing the 3-night this December. We also like to go to the parks, so a shorter cruise combined with 10 or so nights on land (we also go to Universal/Islands of Adventure) works well for us. This also gives my DH a chance to get his golf days in and me to get my outlet mall shopping in, all of which makes everyone happy!
grinning-smiley-003.gif

We have never cruised before but are considering one when DS graduates next year. I am looking at the 3-night cruise and then spend 4 nights at WDW. Annmarie

I've cruised twice before - both 4 days.

The first time, I chose 4 days because I'd never done <i>any</i> kind of cruise before I wasn't sure if I would like it. Naturally I did :) 4 days seemed just right at the time.

The second time, it was the 4 day DVC Member cruise, and I knew what I was getting...however, now that I was 'comfy' with cruising it was definately <b>too short</b> - it felt like it was over before it had begun and I was not a happy bunny having to leave that ship, believe me!

So....the next one is a 7 day :)

We have done both. If going to the parks is not overly important..take the 7 day on the Magic. We have cruised both Easter and Western. The family decided we like the Western route better. The pampering and fun goes on the whole week. The shorter cruises are just as much fun but you dont have the extra time to just relax. We come home rested and happier from the 7 day cruises. Well thats my 2 cents worth.

Since you've already been on the Wonder, go for the 7-night Eastern. Try something new! And personally, on the 7-nights we prefer to have the verandah room. One the 3- or 4-day, it doesn't matter as much to us. We're out and about more on the shorter cruises to try and make the most of the shorter stay, but on the 7-day we spend more time in our room and having the verandah is ideal.

We went on our second 7-day cruise last October and I'm ready to go again. Both times we did the Eastern itinerary and husband says next time we will do Western - I like my Eastern because I LOVE the excursion to St. John! We've even toyed with the idea of a future longer term stay there.

Originally posted by cinda65
We went on our second 7-day cruise last October and I'm ready to go again. Both times we did the Eastern itinerary and husband says next time we will do Western - I like my Eastern because I LOVE the excursion to St. John! We've even toyed with the idea of a future longer term stay there.

cinda65:
What excursion to St. John did you go on? We loved the Champagne Catamaran to Honeymoon Bay and look forward to doing it again next May! (That 7-day was our Honeymoon, too!)

We did the St John Trunk Bay Snorkel adventure for our honeymoon and second anniversary. Wish I were there now!! ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter