• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still deciding on deluxe, please help with new options! Poly villa vs BW vs WL

mherb

Mouseketeer
I am extremely indecisive about deluxe resort choices this trip. I am not sure why but can only guess it is because we are so used to staying at BC (and that isn’t available). Trip will be me, DH, and DD (will be 11) I booked this May trip as a Christmas surprise for DD and DH. We have a few options and would love feedback.
Options:
1. Stick with Poly deluxe villa (DD actually likes sofa beds so that isn’t an issue)
2. Move to GF outside lagoon view for $300 less than Poly
3. Move to BWI standard club level for $100 more than Poly
4. Move to BWI garden view no club level for $1045 less than Poly
5. WL nature park view I think was about $300 less than Poly

We could do the dining plan for about $360 than Poly room with BWI garden view, but we DD being considered an adult now I am not sure it is worth it. She doesn’t tend to choose adult meals when we go out to eat.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi mherb! We have ended up booking CBR for May no real discount at the moment Poly for us 😔. Anyway I think in your case the real contenders are the Poly and the BWI Garden view no club level. $300 it's not enough for me to justify going to those other resorts as I mentioned to you before but $1045 yes!!! You would still be in the boardwalk area, which I believe you like and the pool slide at BWI it's a good side for an 11yr old. And I will do the dining plan and try all the signatures. That's what we did in our last trip and it was great.

If you love BC then try out BW. And it's $1045 savings!! I would definitely go with BW.

I absolutely love the Epcot area resorts so if they are in the budget I go with them. I actually preferred BC and BW over the Poly and so did my kids. So for me it's an easy decision!

I prefer the Epcot resort area at Christmas time over the MK resort area. There are so many Christmas parties at night in December that you will find yourself having to go to another park four nights a week if you are at Poly or GF.

The WL is gorgeous at Christmas but you lose the advantage of the boat to MK with all the Christmas parties at MK. The boat still runs, of course, but you can't get into the park unless you have a party ticket.

We are going to try BWI CL for the first time ever in October because we couldn't get a reservation at BC with the bounce back discount. In general, we aren't fans of the BW, but having access to the club lounge will make all the difference.

My vote would go to BW. It is a great resort and the savings are nice too 😀. when dd was 11 we didn’t do the dining plan because as you said, she still wanted the kids meals and I just couldn’t see spending the money on the plan for someone who wasn’t going to utilize it.

You could save over $1,000 and stay at the BWI? That would be my pick, but MK is not my favorite park. Is it yours? Is that where you're going to spend most of your time? If it is, then I personally would prefer the GF. The $300 in savings doesn't hurt, either.

If you're planning on trying to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance at DHS, then being on the Boardwalk would be an enormous help, since you could walk over to DHS instead of having to depend on a bus or Uber/Lyft--assuming the boarding group situation for that ride will be the same during your trip.

As for the dining plan . . . unless you have a lot of character meals/buffets scheduled, it would probably be much more economical to just pay out of pocket. If you're of the "I like to have everything paid in advance and this makes the trip better for me, no matter how much it costs" camp, then go for the dining plan. I personally have never been on a trip to WDW where I would have broken even on the dining plan--I would've been giving a lot of extra $ to Mickey. But that's me. Maybe that's not you.

Speaking of which--it doesn't matter what I or anyone else would choose. Choose the resort that you're happiest with and can afford.

Edited to fix typo

Last edited:

Another vote for BWI and no dining plan. If you daughter doesn't eat adult meals it would be a waste of the money saved. I like the Poly well enough but we aren't big MK fans and love us some Epcot and HS.

Which parks do you frequently go to? That would be key for me. We spend a lot of time in Epcot, and usually hop there at the end of the day, so BWI would probably be my first choice. Would you get use out of the club level amenities? We usually break even on that point because we eat breakfast there and aren’t big eaters for dinner. BWI has my favorite lounge, hands down.

How long is your trip? I would split the difference and do Poly Villa and BWI standard if the trip is a week or longer.
I wouldn't bother with dining plan, but that is our style.

If I could stay at BWI and save $1000 I'd stay there. We have stayed at both the Poly and BWI and prefer the Boardwalk area. Our DD8 likes the pool better and being able to walk to 2 parks seals it for us.

I prefer the Epcot resort area at Christmas time over the MK resort area. There are so many Christmas parties at night in December that you will find yourself having to go to another park four nights a week if you are at Poly or GF.

The WL is gorgeous at Christmas but you lose the advantage of the boat to MK with all the Christmas parties at MK. The boat still runs, of course, but you can't get into the park unless you have a party ticket.

We are going to try BWI CL for the first time ever in October because we couldn't get a reservation at BC with the bounce back discount. In general, we aren't fans of the BW, but having access to the club lounge will make all the difference.
we are going in May, I gave the trip as a Christmas gift :)

Another vote for BWI no CL. That is a huge savings.

The BW is awesome and so easy to walk to EPCOT and DS. We usually have good luck with the buses, but we sometimes take a Minnie Van to MK as it's so quick.

The Poly is fantastic, but I like to try new areas. Try the BW, we are now hooked!

I am extremely indecisive about deluxe resort choices this trip. I am not sure why but can only guess it is because we are so used to staying at BC (and that isn’t available). Trip will be me, DH, and DD (will be 11) I booked this May trip as a Christmas surprise for DD and DH. We have a few options and would love feedback.
Options:
1. Stick with Poly deluxe villa (DD actually likes sofa beds so that isn’t an issue)
2. Move to GF outside lagoon view for $300 less than Poly
3. Move to BWI standard club level for $100 more than Poly
4. Move to BWI garden view no club level for $1045 less than Poly
5. WL nature park view I think was about $300 less than Poly

We could do the dining plan for about $360 than Poly room with BWI garden view, but we DD being considered an adult now I am not sure it is worth it. She doesn’t tend to choose adult meals when we go out to eat.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

We love BWI and for a $1045 savings, it a no-brainer for me! It's one of my DS12's favorites - the atmosphere at night is really fun and walking to EP and DHS can't be beat.

I've been at all those resorts and would hands down pick WL or GF. They are both so magical at Christmas!

Another vote for BW! Can’t beat the location and all the dining options and the savings is great! I’m not a Poly fan and really am not crazy about DVC at the Poly. Will be staying at BWV in March, can’t wait! Whatever you choose enjoy your vacation!

We love the Boardwalk! For that big of a savings, I would Switch. Since you really like the Beach Club maybe you will enjoy the Boardwalk just as much!! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter