Still Need To Book A&E FP+ At Midnight?

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
My 60 day window is coming up soon and was wondering if it is still necessary to book your FP+ for Anna and Elsa at midnight once your window opens. I wasn't sure if you still needed to since they started in with the longer hours for the meet and greet. I still plan on booking all of my FP's same day, but probably won't get to them until about 6am that day. We have a 10 day trip planned. Will they all be gone by then?

When my 60 day window opened I didn't need Anna and Elsa for the trip because we were doing a couple only short trip...That said I was up at 4 am EDT to make fastpass reservations and the first day of out trip Anna and Elsa were already gone at 4 am. The last day of the trip it was still available. We arrive on August 28.

I got an A&E fast pass at 9pm on the first day of my 60-day window.

I have a split stay, so had to do 2 60 day FP+ schedules. For my 1st, exactly at midnight, A&E only available at 7:20-8:20PM (2nd day of my stay, so 61 days out technically). I was able to get a morning FP+ (but only for the 1st hour 9:10-10:10) for 7 days into my stay.
Yesterday I did my 2nd (returning to WDW after USF stay) and A&E was completely unavailable for my 1st day. Of course, that's the one I really wanted. :sad:
Now back to change around my schedule - again. Not enjoying scheduling my days according to FP+ availability 2 mos out.:(

Generally the rule of thumb is. If you want a very specific date/time then book it at the 60 day mark. If you are easier in regard to the times, then you can book anytime upto a week or so beforehand.

Don't forget at 60 days, the first lot of FP+ becomes available, not the only set, so as it gets closer due to a number of factors lots of extra FP+ are released so check every so often to see if you can grab a better time for you.

Would it be better to try to book them towards the end of my 10 day stay? Why exactly would that have a better chance of success, because there are less people eligible to book them?

Would it be better to try to book them towards the end of my 10 day stay? Why exactly would that have a better chance of success, because there are less people eligible to book them?

Exactly. Our first day could have been someone's 2nd, 3rd or last - which gave them the ability to book it sooner. If you book towards the end of your stay you will have the choice of times. We booked it for our first day and we didn't have a choice - 9pm. We wanted to get it over with - and we are doing MK on our first day.

Exactly. Our first day could have been someone's 2nd, 3rd or last - which gave them the ability to book it sooner. If you book towards the end of your stay you will have the choice of times. We booked it for our first day and we didn't have a choice - 9pm. We wanted to get it over with - and we are doing MK on our first day.

Just hope those couple of extra hours of sleep are worth it...guess I'll set the alarm at 5am

Just hope those couple of extra hours of sleep are worth it...guess I'll set the alarm at 5am

I am sure you will get something. The problem with when we did it was that the FP+ system was down at midnight. My DD wanted to wait - it came up at 1:15am and it took us almost an hour to do all of the FPs. We are a party of 8 and we had to book 8 days of FP with very specific needs. We didn't get to bed until about 2:30am. We were tired the next day. I would go to sleep early and wake up early.

We also watched the Youtube video and it helped a lot - so we new how to make changes. This is the video we watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivKqONUP5PM

I hope that helped.

If you use the 60+10 to book your not going to have an issue. I could have grabbed it for basically any time I wanted and I didn't even look until the afternoon.

I would say if you really have to have it get up but likely you could get it the next day.

If you use the 60+10 to book your not going to have an issue. I could have grabbed it for basically any time I wanted and I didn't even look until the afternoon.

I would say if you really have to have it get up but likely you could get it the next day.

My vote is for next day please, or at least maybe sometime that morning.

Absolutely not true. I sat and hit refresh until my page unlocked (although mine unlocked at 1:00am, not midnight).

My first MK day had zero A&E availability ("stand by only"). My second day had exactly four slots left, all 6:30pm or later.

Almost two weeks later, I still haven't managed to find five A&E FP that have a time in common, despite checking repeatedly each day for both of our MK days.

I was there from 6/22-6/28 (the MK was insanely crowded) and booked my FP+ at midnight the day my window opened. I was booking for five people and it was totally not necessary to get up at midnight for A&E. Many days/times were available for at least a week after. Even more slots opened when they extended the hours. If you want very specific days/times, or if you are trying to book for a large group, it's probably a good idea to try for the FP+ as early as possible.

I will say... no need to stress about it. I just scored myself one 5 mins ago. I passed my 60 days windows and not yet into 30days.... Just got my ticket yesterday FINALLY. Login to book FP for 20Aug... (for my trip 18-26Aug) but I only planned MK for 20Aug. No FP for A&E Meet & Greet nor is 19 or 21Aug (my Universal days which I could swap over if they have anything).

Looking into the FP again just now. And there it goes... 13:30 -14:30 slot shows up. Rebook all 3 of my FP experience with SDMT, all done. No need to keep looking back again. I am happy with the slots now.

If you didn't get it at first, keep trying and it will eventually comes out. I believe there will be more choices at 45 days (when some people cancel their package) / 30 days windows (when Disney release more slot for offsite guests). :cool1:

I did my fast pass selections at 12:07 am for my trip and all but 1 day of my trip ana/elsa fp were gone. My friend waited and was unable to get them for her and her daughter. Eventually at like the 40 day mark we were able to get them for her. They seem to go pretty fast.

I made my FP+ selections at midnight, and I couldn't get an A&E FP until the 6th day of our trip. My only other option was a FP for 10pm on our second night.

I think it was worth making selections at midnight. Even though my niece will have to wait until our second to last night, I liked having a FP for 1pm more than having to wait until 10pm.

Because of the MDE Midnight/1am glitch I wasn't able to start making selections till 1am. By 1:05am they were gone for every day of my trip. I wasn't looking to get them anyway, but I have noticed they've popped up as available a few times when I've gone back to rearrange some of my existing FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter