Still no bagless security line?

asktriplets

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We're going to be in DL at the end of June. I did a search and it looks like as of December 2014, they did not have separate bag/bagless entry lines through security. Can anyone tell me if that is still the case?

At WDW, everyone in my family wears a hat and carries a bottle of water and a granola bar through security. Between my DH and I, we stuff a small bottle of sunscreen, a few diapers, and a small package of wipes in our pockets (along with ID and our cell phones). We bring one of those small drawstring bags stuffed in one of our pockets, and we all go through the "no bag" security check. We then use the bag for anything that isn't comfortable to keep in pockets(and often for hats first thing in the morning) and for the water and snacks. I LOVE going bagless through security, and it forces us to get organized with our stuff before we go into the parks, which helps to minimize the build up of extra junk being hauled around!

If everyone has to wait to go through security anyway at DL, though, I won't worry about that aspect of our planning. :)

Thanks!

If you don't have a bag you can go right on through and not have to make any line. I have done it multiple times and the cast members encourage it.

Even without a bag, guests still have to wait in line to be waved through. Unless the lines are super short, we always end up waiting until being waved through. DLR used to have a bagless entry line, but people couldn't grasp that "NO bag" really means "NO, nada, zero bag." People kept trying to abuse the line with the, "I don't have a bag, but my family and friends who have 10 bags should be allowed to go through with me" excuse.

It isn't that long of a delay and it won't make or break your day. Well, it shouldn't but some people are more sensitive than others. I learned that on these forums.

If you don't have a bag you can go right on through and not have to make any line. I have done it multiple times and the cast members encourage it.

:faint:
And other guests are thinking horrible thoughts about you.

Get in one of the lines. Go through the line. Your particular turn will be short. Don't cut.

This is absolutely not true. They stil have to check that you have no bag and I have seen people stopped multiple times and sent back into line or told to wait next time. Do everyone a favor and just wait...it's only a couple of minutes.

I guess it's only when I go that this happens..
when I bring bags, i make the line and see parties of people with no bags pass me by and go on through and nobody says anything to them. And I don't really care because it makes my line shorter.

No bagless line but I have found the waits at security at DLR to be very short, even on crowded mornings I spent barely any time waiting.

When I was at DLR last year, the security person made me open every little zipper and opening on my tiny purse, but didn't check all the pockets on the cargo pants guys were wearing. The pockets were bulging, but none were checked. Some maniac could easily carry in a gun or other weapon and walk right through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter