Stimulus Check: Spend or Save

Saving ours right now. I'm still working but I can see going to 4 day workweeks with pay cut. We did let teens spend $100 each of the money on things like video games, crafts and books to help make time inside easier.

I put the kids money into their savings account. My husband too his and plans to fix his truck. I paid my card. We are still working and are considered essential so I took the gamble to pay off debt with mine.

If we get it, it will be going to the air conditioning unit we have to replace in our house. Basically a drop in the bucket to what that will cost and I'm annoyed about it needing to be replaced.

DDs $500 will go into a custodial stock account. $400 will go towards refreshing the house, we need lots of new little things that will add up. The other 2k hasn’t been decided.

Since I'm currently out of work (thanks, COVID-19), I had to use that money to pay bills.

We are using ours to pay off about 1/3 of our solar panels that we purchased last fall.

Right now, ours is just sitting in a savings type account. Not sure what we'll do with it. Don't want to just blow it. Right now, knock on wood,, we're both still working. Wife starts a new job tomorrow over a new urgent clinic that's opening this week. I work at a company that sells HVAC/plumbing supplies. So I don't see either of us being out of a job. But you never know with this thing. So we're just hanging on to it.

Ours went into savings, I just don't have a good feeling about all of this. So I'm saving more than normal. We're both essential workers so we're both still working. Thank God!

Targeted savings. When I have leftover money at the end of the month I normally split it into several savings: House Maintenance Projects fund, Emergency Slush Fund Savings, New Car fund (with any luck I won't need to use this for 3ish years), Disney Gift Card for 5% off from Target for DVC Maintenance Fees, and DGC for buying snacks on trips. Some are cyclical annually, some on a 10 year plan. The stimulus went into a few of those buckets, as will my tax refund when I file. I really need to file my taxes since the house projects fund will need to be used to paint the house, likely this summer.

BOTH!! Saving it for now until I can rebook my May WDW now-cancelled vacation and then its a SPEND!!

I should add, that's for 1/2 of the Stimulus. Husband is getting a new riding Lawn Mover too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter