• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stitch leaving the Magic Kingdom - Confirmed

Still gutted about this! I'm really hoping that Miles is just a temporary thing whilst the show is hot and Stitch will be back by the time I visit next October. Unlikely but I can dream.

I love Stitch and he's my wife's favourite character. One of my best memories from our last trip to WDW is her seeing Stitch on our last day. We'd missed him all week and on that day she spotted him alone in Tomorrowland, yelled "Stitch!" in pure delight and literally ran into his arms for a massive hug. He's definitely one of the best meet and greets, always fun and mischievous :stitch2:

Guess we'll be doing Ohana now to make sure we meet him. I love character dining so I'm glad he's still there but I don't think it's quite the same as meeting him in the wild :stitch:

Stitch is my favorite too.

Obviously this has to do with the new Polynesian-based movie "Moana" coming out late 2016. My guess is that they want to remove any suggestion that maybe the new movie is connected to the Stitch movies.

Stitch is my favorite too.

Obviously this has to do with the new Polynesian-based movie "Moana" coming out late 2016. My guess is that they want to remove any suggestion that maybe the new movie is connected to the Stitch movies.
I doubt it has to do with the new movie

When I saw this forum headline I was so excited that the ride was going away. Then I see it's just the character. So disappointing! I'd get rid of the ride and keep Stitch LOL. On of my kids' favorite memories was being challenged to a game of air hockey in the arcade by Space Mountain - my kids vs. Stitch. Was hilarious to watch!

Nooooo! I loved Stitch and, the last time I was in Disney, I was so excited when I spotted him in AK and jumped right in line! He's still a pretty popular character so I don't know why they'd want to remove him. Several of my child-less friends adore Stitch and one even bought a gigantic Stitch plushie at WDW, showing it under the airplane seat as her carry-on because it was just that large. Did they at least say when he's leaving?

So disappointing! I'd get rid of the ride and keep Stitch LOL.

Me too. I don't understand where their heads are at if they keep a ride that practically every dislikes, but get rid of the very popular character.

If they got rid of the ride then OK, you might expect to find Stitch not at MK but in AK because it's sort-of Hawaiian looking, and at Typhoon Lagoon because of the beach/surfing theme.

But really, it defies belief ... here's the Stitch ride ... but no, we don't have Stitch greeting people in front of his own ride any more. That's so ... 2010. Pull out your phone and get a breakfast ADR at Ohana if you really want to see him on this trip.

Is this just clueless management, or is it another way of creating "artificial scarcity" by steering fans toward specific (costly) places in order to find certain beloved characters?

So sad that Stitch is leaving the meet and greet. He is my favorite character and is really fun at the meet and greets!:stitch:

I sent an email to Guest Communications from the address in the first post. I'm really sad about this and hope this makes a little bit of a difference. I was hoping to get a picture with Stitch and my boyfriend on my next trip, coming up soon. I even went to a Disney Store today and freaked out at seeing a pre-Lilo Stitch plushie, with his extra arms, antennae and back spines! I immediately bought it and only now do I remember this thread... T_T

I will miss Stitch but I know my oldest would love to meet Miles. He watches it quite often since I can sing the theme song of the show.

It is just DW and I so we don't do much with the characters. We were walking into Epcot one day and Stitch was off in the corner by himself. We figured we would go and say hi and I am glad we did. It was one of the best character interactions we have ever had. He was being a brat...well, he was being Stitch. Sad to see him go but if he is gonna go TAKE YOUR RIDE WITH YOU!!!

Disney responded to my email, saying that Stitch will not be left behind or forgotten (aww) and that he may appear in shows or parades.

Any idea on when Miles would be there if he's taking Stitch's place? My kids LOVE Miles (my son is dressing as him for Halloween) and we leave in four weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter