• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stitch s grate Escape closing January 6 forever?

We had not done stitch since the first time we did it in 2008. We decided to do it since Stitch is my daughter's favorite character and it was open over Christmas. We hated it the first time we did it and hated it this time. It is not even a ride or a show. It is an annoyance. It would be awesome if they could keep Stitch and just turn it into something good with him that younger children could enjoy. Stitch is very popular.

If they just put a charging port by each seat and made them vibrate like a massage chair, they could just turn off the whole rest of the attraction and it would still be more popular than Stitch.

Love that idea!
You are hereby deemed Imagineer CGattis!

I love the massage idea. I’d actually wait in FOP length lines for a free massage and maybe a quick nap!

Good riddance. You couldn’t pay me to do Stitch. We did it over 10 years ago. The stupid harness malfunctioned and hurt my little sister. It was ridiculous there was no one in there checking restraints or anyway for an emergency opening. Had to sit through the whole ride with her crying hysterically in pain. It was aweful, we swore never again.

I never understood the hate for that ride. Was it awesome? No. But neither is Peter Pan. I much prefer Stitch to Pan.

It’s so special to still be able to go on a ride that was there the day the park opened. The history, nostalgia and classic Disney elements in Peter Pan can’t be compared to Stitch burping in my face. Don’t get me wrong, I like Lilo & Stitch. But that attraction is all wrong. They focused on all the worst parts of Lilo and Stitch just to fill the Alien Encounter space. What I love about Lilo & Stitch is the focus on family and the overall message. None of which is included in the Stitch attraction.

In my opinion, of course :) To each their own.

I never understood the hate for that ride. Was it awesome? No. But neither is Peter Pan. I much prefer Stitch to Pan.

This. Never understood the hate, at all. Stitch is light years better than PP, Pooh, TeaCups. Not that I don't like those rides, but Stitch is far better. Sad to see it go. Glad we rode it a few times last week and would love to see another Stitch ride show up in that same spot.

Well I always liked the ride and I will remember forever when we got the hot dog burp the giggling from my then 5 year old daughter. After that we had to ride it every trip. I will miss it. But then I am still annoyed with Disney for killing off The Great Movie Ride as well.

Well I always liked the ride and I will remember forever when we got the hot dog burp the giggling from my then 5 year old daughter. After that we had to ride it every trip. I will miss it. But then I am still annoyed with Disney for killing off The Great Movie Ride as well.
I thought they were just redoing the Great Movie Ride, not eliminating it? I know that my kids didn't know many, if any, of the movies in it.

This. Never understood the hate, at all. Stitch is light years better than PP, Pooh, TeaCups. Not that I don't like those rides, but Stitch is far better. Sad to see it go. Glad we rode it a few times last week and would love to see another Stitch ride show up in that same spot.
I hope they do something more with Stitch. He's one of my personal favorites.

They should have Stitch represented somewhere in the parks but The Incredibles or Wreck It Ralph should have Future World rides. Even when it was Alien Encounter it was just not a good fit. I hope something really fun goes there - FW needs an update.

The reason Stitch was the worst ride at all of Disney was because it was pointless and it wasn't even a ride. Might be different if you actually moved instead of just sitting in one spot with a harness over your shoulders.

Peter pan is way better for the simple fact you actually move and go through scenes. The PP queue is better than the Stitch ride.

If I want to go on an attraction and not move at all, I'd do Mickey's Philharmagic, which is also better than the Stitch ride

I realize it won't fit in this space, but I think Stitch would be a good option for a dark ride like the Little Mermaid ride or the Monster's Inc ride at Disneyland. It would fit the need for kid-friendly rides and grow the popularity of stitch. The escape could just be a quick scene at the beginning. I think a surfing scene would actually be pretty cool, especially with the music and a cool breeze. But alas, I haven't gotten a call from Imagineering yet...

The reason Stitch was the worst ride at all of Disney was because it was pointless and it wasn't even a ride. Might be different if you actually moved instead of just sitting in one spot with a harness over your shoulders.

Peter pan is way better for the simple fact you actually move and go through scenes. The PP queue is better than the Stitch ride.

If I want to go on an attraction and not move at all, I'd do Mickey's Philharmagic, which is also better than the Stitch ride
Exactly! Stitch wasn't a ride. You sat with a pointless harness over your shoulders. It wasn't even a good attraction. It failed in all aspects, as a ride and as an attraction.
Are Pooh, Pan or Tea Cups the most thrill inducing rides? No, not by far. They are fairly lame as rides go. But, they are rides, and are fun, in an old fashioned kinda way. With some neat things to see in some cases. DH and I often comment on just what drugs may have been done to inspire Pooh, for instance :) Even the best drugs out there won't make Stitch fun or even interesting. Not as a ride or an attraction.

There is little doubt why it tops the list of worse rides for 90% of the guests.

I don't even think we WENT on it after it opened. Because it had already been proclaimed the WORST DECISION EVER. (or we did go and I've repressed it from memory)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter