Stitch's Great Escape

Didn't hate Stitch. Loved Alien Encounter. I remember when that space housed Flight to the Moon (or something like that. I was ten when I rode it).

Hope they do something good with the space and soon.

We rode Stitch twice last week and are still holding out hope that it will reopen again for the summer season. We may be one of the few, but we love Stitch. Or if they're getting ride of the ride, replace it with another Stitch themed one.

It's odd how that ride is only a seasonal one, yet Stitch merchandise is one of the most popular things in all of the parks.

My kids first trip, alien encounter was the very first ride we rode. Had issues getting my DD6 to go on rides that entire day!!! My husband still wishes it would come back. SGE is ok enough to want to ride when we are there but would be better without the chili dog burp. It will be closed this trip but I hope they get it replaced soon. I would rather see stitch then no attraction at all

My family and I personally love the Stitch ride. Lilo & Stitch hold a special place in our hearts, so I really hope it is replaced with another Stitch ride. Stitch is really wildly popular as far as merchandising, so maybe something a little less scary will take its place. I am just really disappointed that we probably won’t be able to see it one last time as we are coming in three weeks and according to the Disney calendar, it will be closed. Boo hoo ☹️

Hey guys so as most people know, SGE has been one of the worst rides Disney has ever had on it's premises and I will be so incredibly happy when it is gone so, does anyone know when it will finally be leaving MK? I know it only has seasonal use right now (Thank God) and thats a death sentence for most rides so I am praying that anyone knows when they will be removing the ride. Anyone??
Worst ride ever? This is one of our ride every trip rides. My daughter grew up on Lilo and Stitch and see (and I) still love this attraction. I will miss it when its gone.

Didn't hate Stitch. Loved Alien Encounter. I remember when that space housed Flight to the Moon (or something like that. I was ten when I rode it).

Hope they do something good with the space and soon.

This is exactly my sentiments as well! My girls and I love Stitch and thought the Stitch ride was good. We didn't love it but we certainly didn't hate it either. As for Alien Encounter, I LOVED it! I rode it only once probably 22 years ago when I was in my early 20's and I still talk about how amazing it was and remember every single detail! It was terrifying! I also remember going to Disney with my family when I was around 4 years old and rode what I think was Mission to Mars at the time (formally Flight to the moon). I loved that ride as well and still remember it well to this day! :)

I have not seen SGE but loved AE. I was also in my early 20s on my first CP the first time I rode it. I was never afraid of the ride but I remember taking my 16 year old sister on it when they visited. She was terrified.

AE was, without a doubt, (when it was open) THE most-despised, most-reviled, most-complained-about attraction on this and any other Disney board from the day it opened.

The AE-lovers were certainly in HIDING back then.

I have vivid memories of the hundreds (it seemed) of threads back then that demanded Disney remove the vile AE from the park!

I liked AE, but most people I talked to did NOT.
I still find Stitch to be so SIMILAR to AE that the biggest difference I can put my finger on is that S.I.R. is no longer in the PRE-show.

We rode Stitch twice last week and are still holding out hope that it will reopen again for the summer season. We may be one of the few, but we love Stitch. Or if they're getting ride of the ride, replace it with another Stitch themed one.

It's odd how that ride is only a seasonal one, yet Stitch merchandise is one of the most popular things in all of the parks.
Stitch may be popular merch but the ride has not been a hit with most guests. Rumors of an entirely new experience to replace Stitch. Hopefully something is announced this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter