Stone Crabs?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Who really enjoys them? My hats off to you! I remember getting snow crabs in Cabanas and I much prefer them.

Can anyone get more than a thimble full of food out of each? Maybe I do something wrong!

You're doing it wrong because you're eating the tiny Stone Crab claws that Disney provides. Go to a real Stone Crab joint like Joe's Stone Crab and you'll see what the fuss is all about. I look at Disney's claws and just laugh.

You also can't even compare Stone Crab to Snow Crab. Two completely different meats. They're like the difference between Maine lobster and Florida lobster.

You're doing it wrong because you're eating the tiny Stone Crab claws that Disney provides. Go to a real Stone Crab joint like Joe's Stone Crab and you'll see what the fuss is all about. I look at Disney's claws and just laugh.

You also can't even compare Stone Crab to Snow Crab. Two completely different meats. They're like the difference between Maine lobster and Florida lobster.

Well, I accept the difference in taste. Does anyone enjoy the ones in Cabanas? Thank heavens they still offer peel and eat shrimp!

The ones in Cabanas are too mushy for me. I tend to just eat the shrimp, and copious amounts of that (though I'll dig down close to the ice to get to them. I don't trust shrimp that has been sitting out for long)

They really are a lot of work for little yield. I usually get a couple the first day to have a taste. Do love the snow crab legs at Palo! And it sure doesn't hurt that they are all cut open already!

Agree that there are places like Joe's that have wonderful stone crabs. The Jumbo and Colossal claws are the way to go.....................and you need to have the mustard sauce with it.

They really are a lot of work for little yield. I usually get a couple the first day to have a taste. Do love the snow crab legs at Palo! And it sure doesn't hurt that they are all cut open already!
Brunch at Palos has snow crabs?

That is the problem! Once you've had Joe's Stone Crab nothing ever tastes as good.

Love stone Crab!! I have yet to have them on any of my dcl cruises. I agree joes has the best stone crab.

Palo Brunch has King Crab legs and they're delicious. During Stone Crab season I have found them in Cabanas (yes, they're small), otherwise, they normally serve snow crabs.

The crab claws at Cabanas are not the best because it appears they have been frozen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter