Stop Throwing Tissues on Me! – September 2023 Food and Wine Fest Trip Report! (Updated 2/12!)

I have a happy update today! I feel SOOOOOO much better this morning! I'm actually a bit surprised because I had a very restless night, but I guess being in bed from 6:30pm to 7:30am still gave me enough sleep even with being restless to help clear this cold. :rotfl:

I'm still not 100%, I'd say I'm maybe 65% today, but yesterday I was at like 15% so a huge improvement. I finally have energy again, I can breath through my nose, and I feel like I can finally be excited for this trip now! I'm actually feeling well enough I kinda want to do a workout today. It's funny, years ago when I was doing marathons I came down with a head cold like two days before a marathon, and I decided to still run it, and the day afterwards the head cold had completely disappeared. It's like the virus noped it out of me when it realized it had to join along on 26.2 miles. :rotfl2:

Anyways, just wanted to post a happy update. Yesterday I was starting to think I'd need to either cancel this trip, or join my parents a few days late, but assuming I keep getting better at this rate it's looking good for this trip!

I really should be packing right now, but I figured I’d get one more update in on this TR before our next trip! Yes, I’m fantastic at procrastinating. ::yes:: Also, it’s kind of funny to be posting about the Halloween party when we’ll be going to the Christmas party in just a few days!

Day 3, Part 6: MNSSHP, Part 3!

We last left off heading over to Thunder for our LL. It was a short wait in the LL, and soon we were on our train! Such a fun ride.

(I’m still salty they haven’t added a picture to this ride)

We did stop at a photopass photographer at the exit, so we sorta got ride photos…

After our photoshoot we quickly (as quickly as my moms leg would allow) made our way over to HM for our DAS, it was just before 6 at this point.

We made it there pretty quickly considering, and had a very short wait.

Now here mom asked me if we could avoid being the first group to enter the ride after the stretching room, which yeah, I can do that, I know where the door is, so I told her of course. But of course, upon entering the stretching room I saw NO ONE over on that side and I just couldn’t help myself and guided mom over there. Sorry mom! Although in my defense there were only like 15 of us in the stretching room, it was eerily empty, so it wasn’t like she would have to deal with a lot of pushing and shoving.

HM was great, I love starting the party off here. Plus, we ended up stopping a LOT, like every minute or so we’d stop for a bit, which I actually kinda loved since it gave me a chance to really take in all the details. Now if we were stopping for longer periods every minute or so it would have been annoying, but it was the perfect mini-break to really take it all in before moving on.

(what on earth am I looking at here? :rotfl2:)

After HM we had no plans, like at all.

It’s weird, like usually I feel like we have so much to do at this point, but it was only like 6:20 at this point so the party hadn’t officially started, the crowds were pretty large with the mix of day guests and party guests, and in the past we would just go ride Splash a few times, that was not an option this year. So we wandered over towards Fantasyland where mom decided she wanted to go on Small World.

I learned this day that apparently my uncle (great uncle? Is that a thing? My mom’s uncle, whatever that is to me :rotfl:) actually worked on the original Small World for the World’s Fair, how cool is that! I love how my mom has all these really cool bits of info that randomly come out. She was all “this ride is actually really special to me since my uncle helped create the original for the World’s Fair.” And there I am jaw dropped like WHAT?!?! How has this never come up before in the past 40 some-odd years of going to Disney!??!?

It was a nice relaxing ride, and I do always enjoy saying hi to the drunk hippo.

Once off Small World we still didn’t really have a plan, and it was still before 7, so we decided to take a bio break at the bathrooms behind the carousel, and then take a break on the benches there for a bit.

I did want to be in the hub for the start of the party, so a little before 7 we headed over there. We got there early, so stopped at a stand to grab some coke because at that point we were desperate for caffeine, and then sat on the wall by the stand in the hub to drink some and rest some more (goodness we were tired already and it wasn’t even 7!)

While sitting there CMs started to come around making sure everyone had wrist bands.

After finishing up our sodas, we decided that it was time for probably our favorite activity, picture time!!!

We had the absolute best interaction with one of the photopass photographers, she had us pose in SO many different ways and did a ton of magic shots with us. She spent like 10 minutes with us getting pictures, it was wild. She was still earning her ears, so maybe that’s why she didn’t try to rush through guests, but we appreciated every second, she was awesome!

By the time we wrapped up with our pictures we decided to head back to Buzz and ride again since it had no wait.

As we heading into Tomorrowland, I was a bit surprised at the lack of wrist band checking this night. Actually not even just to get into Tomorrowland, overall it seemed a lot more lax than in the past. In the past years they have had lines of CMs blocking all the entrances to the lands, on pathways between lands, and even on Main Street they’ve had tons of CMs blocking it and coming through photo lines to make sure everyone had wrist bands. This night was nothing like that. Yeah there was the line of CMs on Main Street, but no one was checking bands at photopass lines, and going into the lands there were only like 2-3 CMs there checking, and half the time they weren’t really even looking. It was really surprising how lax they seemed this year.

We headed over to Buzz which was essentially a walk on, and soon we were shooting Zs (or trying to). Once again I came juuuuust short of galactic hero. Ugh, my aim sucks…oh wait, no the guns do, it’s 100% the guns. ::yes::

Next up: MNSSHP Part 4!

Last edited:
Thanks! That's a good thought on the Mucinex! Speaking of Mucinex, have you ever tried their nasal spray? I got some the other day and this stuff is phenomenal! It makes such a big difference!
I did not even know that had a spray. I will have to check it out, buy it and hopefully that means I wont need it! LOL

Love the black and white skelly picture.

Have a great trip.

I did not even know that had a spray. I will have to check it out, buy it and hopefully that means I wont need it! LOL
It is amazing, it cleared up my sinuses instantaneously.
Love the black and white skelly picture.
Thanks! That was a funny one, the photopass photographer told us to dance, we asked what kind of dance and she told us to just do an old school dance, so of course both my mom and I broke out into the robot :rotfl2:
Have a great trip.
Thank you!

We're having a great trip. We went to early hours at MK on a party day and walked on 9 rides by 11am, including the Mine ride. It was amazing. We were at HM for the first day of Hatbox Ghost. :)
Woah, that's impressive! Sounds like a great morning at MK! I cannot wait to finally see the Hatbox ghost, it's so cool you got to see it on the first day!

Wow catching up on your trip report and my jaw dropped at your room upgrade! Glad you were feeling better, this time of year feels so risky for travel to me.

I have a happy update today! I feel SOOOOOO much better this morning! I'm actually a bit surprised because I had a very restless night, but I guess being in bed from 6:30pm to 7:30am still gave me enough sleep even with being restless to help clear this cold. :rotfl:
Yay! Glad you are feeling better!
HM was great, I love starting the party off here. Plus, we ended up stopping a LOT, like every minute or so we’d stop for a bit, which I actually kinda loved since it gave me a chance to really take in all the details. Now if we were stopping for longer periods every minute or so it would have been annoying, but it was the perfect mini-break to really take it all in before moving on.
I found the ride stopped a lot this summer too. Lie you, I really enjoyed the chance to take in all the details.
I learned this day that apparently my uncle (great uncle? Is that a thing? My mom’s uncle, whatever that is to me :rotfl:) actually worked on the original Small World for the World’s Fair, how cool is that! I love how my mom has all these really cool bits of info that randomly come out. She was all “this ride is actually really special to me since my uncle helped create the original for the World’s Fair.” And there I am jaw dropped like WHAT?!?! How has this never come up before in the past 40 some-odd years of going to Disney!??!?
Wow!!!!!
We had the absolute best interaction with one of the photopass photographers, she had us pose in SO many different ways and did a ton of magic shots with us. She spent like 10 minutes with us getting pictures, it was wild. She was still earning her ears, so maybe that’s why she didn’t try to rush through guests, but we appreciated every second, she was awesome!
Amazing pictures!
As we heading into Tomorrowland, I was a bit surprised at the lack of wrist band checking this night. Actually not even just to get into Tomorrowland, overall it seemed a lot more lax than in the past. In the past years they have had lines of CMs blocking all the entrances to the lands, on pathways between lands, and even on Main Street they’ve had tons of CMs blocking it and coming through photo lines to make sure everyone had wrist bands. This night was nothing like that. Yeah there was the line of CMs on Main Street, but no one was checking bands at photopass lines, and going into the lands there were only like 2-3 CMs there checking, and half the time they weren’t really even looking. It was really surprising how lax they seemed this year.
Weird! Usually they are pretty diligent about checking.
We're having a great trip. We went to early hours at MK on a party day and walked on 9 rides by 11am, including the Mine ride. It was amazing. We were at HM for the first day of Hatbox Ghost. :)
Amazing! Hope we have the same luck this Friday!
Omg, guys we checked in and we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite at the boardwalk!!!! This is so amazing, we're still in shock. We even have a Christmas tree in our room!
PXL_20231202_161812370.jpg
Woohoo!!!!! What a fabulous upgrade!!!!!

Pixie dust for the weather and your sickness!
May I suggest Vicks Vapo Rub? Hubby and I are fighting colds and I swear by it! Even helps with a head cold.
I was brought up all my life on Vicks Vapo Rub. I swear by it. Hubby never had when he was brought up so he feels it's 'all in my mind'. He never ever is sick so he's had no need to try it.
I will continue to use it forever. It's like an old friend. 8-)

I'm very excited about your new trip and know you will have a fabulous time! Loved your last Trip Report as always.
Thrilled you have a two bedroom!

Best upgrade ever! I am very impressed. It should make your mom and dad happy, too. Did you have just a regular cl room booked?

Wow catching up on your trip report and my jaw dropped at your room upgrade! Glad you were feeling better, this time of year feels so risky for travel to me.
My jaw dropped too! :rotfl2: We've never had an upgrade like this before, it was so amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter