Storage ideas for VGF studio

mrsp1030

DIS Veteran
Or anyone who has stayed in a studio room, what solutions did you come up with to deal with lack of storage space. Anyone have any hints, ideas, recommendations to share?

I don't know of much of any ideas for a large family. With just 2 adults we simply hung up all of the clothes we could and then used the luggage rack to put our suitcase on. We were only staying for 2 nights though and with only 2 people. The under the bed drawers weren't worth using for that time period.

Things people have used elsewhere that do not owrk do to room configuration include: over the door holders - they don't have any doors except the shower door that could hold these.

You could use a sweater holder in the closet as long as you don't need to hang up more than 1 or maybe 2 other pieces.

My biggest suggestion would be to plan on doing laundry fairly regularly and pack light as well as to not overcrowd the studio with as many people as it can hold.

If you don't plan on using either the bathub or the shower those would be good place to store thing more or less out of sight.

Our family of 4 stayed in a VGF studio in February. Under the bed drawers: Kids (age 14, 9) shared the drawer that opens all the way, I used the one that opens halfway--the drawer is the same size as the one that opens all the way...it's just harder to get the stuff out if it slides all the way to the back. We took the bible out of the nightstand and DH used that small drawer for socks/underwear and hung the rest of his clothes in the closet. We did laundry 1/2 way through the trip--so we packed 4-5 days worth of clothes for an 8 day trip.

I was thinking of this too as we are staying in a 2 bedroom lockout with 10 people! Can the nightstand be moved to another area of the studio so that the other drawer can be utilized? It can't be that heavy...I know the phone would have to sit on the floor..but the extra drawer is so important.

I was thinking of this too as we are staying in a 2 bedroom lockout with 10 people! Can the nightstand be moved to another area of the studio so that the other drawer can be utilized? It can't be that heavy...I know the phone would have to sit on the floor..but the extra drawer is so important.

Yes the nightstand can be moved. We moved it a few inches towards the sofabed to try and open that second under the bed drawer more...and discovered that the second drawer only opens 1/2 way--there's some type of locking mechanism that only allows it to open 1/2 way. Very disappointing! It worked enough for me to use it though.

We plan on using our packing cubes which I think will help to maximize space as well. We are also driving and utilizing our ll beam duffles which can be stored easily.

I just stacked my clothes alone side of the LR tv next to the wall:rotfl:
It's pretty bad when you pay for something like the VGF and have to bring your own drawers :lmao: or shelves to put clothes in:rotfl: Disney should be ashamed of themselves for putting a TV in the mirror and not enough storage .

We plan on using our packing cubes which I think will help to maximize space as well. We are also driving and utilizing our ll beam duffles which can be stored easily.

I was JUST going to say that we use our packing cubes to their fullest (we only use studios). We have a lot of them....I just try to divide up the drawers & shelves as best I can between us. The packing cubes are an invaluable space saver for both packing and for storage. I have used the over-the-door shoe racks on a few trips (but not all...if my packing space in my luggage is tight it stays home). It is hard to find doors that they will fit on and still close (I usually use it on a closet door). They do come in handy to store a few shared items like sunscreens etc. We usually have at least 1 bag that stays somewhat packed on the luggage rack. Unless it's a short trip there really isn't enough storage in ANY of the studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter