Storm system moving through

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
Everyone on the mid Alantic and Northeast coast beware. We got hammered here in the south last night by the massive storm system that swept through. To add injury to our Covid-19 illness we now have no power while stuck at home...been out since 4am and the rumor is no restoration until tomorrow. We are on a well so hopefully I can get the generator humming so we can wash our hands and water the horses. No internet (just my cell phone and the battery is near dead so I have to go charge in my truck)

We Lost a building in the 90mph winds last night and had a tree down on our pasture fence. Luckily all our horses are okay.

2020 can kiss my grits.

Wishing you guys well, Jennasis, and those affected by the bad weather yesterday and today. :hug:'s

PS: Even though from Chicago, I do like grits. Regular grits. :)

Everyone on the mid Alantic and Northeast coast beware. We got hammered here in the south last night by the massive storm system that swept through. To add injury to our Covid-19 illness we now have no power while stuck at home...been out since 4am and the rumor is no restoration until tomorrow. We are on a well so hopefully I can get the generator humming so we can wash our hands and water the horses. No internet (just my cell phone and the battery is near dead so I have to go charge in my truck)

We Lost a building in the 90mph winds last night and had a tree down on our pasture fence. Luckily all our horses are okay.

2020 can kiss my grits.
I’m sorry you are dealing with this destruction, but so glad there was no loss of life (animal or human). I hope your power is restored sooner than expected.

It’s supposed to pass through here in the next couple of hours, praying to keep power (but at least we still have water when it goes out.)

We're in the thick of it right now, that wind is something else. We still have power for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost it at some point.

We have gotten storm warnings, but thanks - good to hear real experiences. Making sure everything is charged and that the lanterns are ready. I was going to attempt grocery shopping today but I think I’ll wait till tomorrow.

We are going to get the wind storm here as well (Great Lakes basin) the wind here is just ramping up out of the south west..
For us the wind direction is expected to flip around to out of the north/northwest later this afternoon. The temperature will drop from our current 63F to 40F by later afternoon... brrrrr!

In the midst of it here, lots of shingles in the yard :(
Part of our old barn is swinging in the winds so to speak, but holding steady. We have electric and internet, so that's good!

I live in Northeastern PA and the wind this morning was absolutely insane.

There are trees uprooted everywhere you look, roofs are off completely or partially off of some homes and businesses. A traffic light came down in downtown Scranton. You can see some of the damage here: PA Homepage. It reminds me of when we had a tornado touch down last May.

Bad storms here in Georgia last night. I was up "protecting" the house while hubby slept. Power went out at 3 am and didn't come back on until 12:30 this afternoon. We also have a small generator we keep in our truck for when were out in the RV so hubby fired it up this morning and plugged the coffee maker into it. After our coffee fix, we plugged the fridge into it since we didn't want to lose anything in there. There were tornados in middle Georgia, actually picked up a house ala Wizard of Oz and placed down on the road.

From about 10am until noon the wind was absolutely vicious here, plus heavy pelting rain. There was a tornado watch. It has subsided to just "normal" wind and rain now. Power was out for about 45 minutes and internet/cable for about 2 hours but both have been restored.

Some small tree limbs and branches are down but no major damage in my neighborhood as far as I can tell. Everything should pass by about 4pm.

The real bad stuff missed us this time. We have had more than our share this year. Still we had damaging straight line winds. Gutters yanked off, siding loose, AC frames detached, tree limbs down. That sort of thing. We have soaking wet insulation strewn across the neighborhood and nobody knows where it came from. We got a bright pink Easter Snow.

The same storm system caused several tornadoes in our area last night & into the morning. One of the tornados went through one of our suburb communities around midnight.

It’s awful, & the damage is just overwhelming. 2 schools were destroyed. I have a friend whose mother had to be evacuated out of her nursing home into a hotel.

It’s just so hard to comprehend. You think, “Well, the coronavirus is bad, but, at least, we have our home in which to shelter.”

And, then, bam. Tornado.

Storm rolling thru Maryland now.

What part of MD are you in? We are in Western Maryland. So far today we've had sun, then downpours, then sun. The winds have come on a little stronger the last hour or so. We have sunshine on one side, and dark clouds and sprinkles on the other, very weird! We had a tornado watch till 6 pm issued around 11, but now it's just a watch for Bedford County in PA (not that far from us though). We have a niece near Atlanta who had a tornado come thru this morning. A tree fell in her yard, and hit the roof and made a hole. Not a great day for her, and it's her 24'th birthday! :( Stay safe everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter