• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stormalong Bay recent users of showers, have they added hair dryers?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I have asked this a while back, but haven't gotten an answer. When I was there in March, I asked a pool manager for a hair dryer, as we were getting on a flight shortly after using the showers. She kindly went and got me one, and told me that she will put a request in for wall hair dryers. She said if a guest has made a request like that, they usually will respond and do it. We'll be coming back in June, and before I pack one, I wanted to check to see if they have been installed? thanks.

Hi Jillpie - This post is from back in May and you stated that you were returning to BCV in June. I'm going to be staying at BCV in early November for the Wine & Dine 10K. We check-out the day of the race and are flying home. What are the showers/bathroom facilities like near Storm Along Bay? Do they have blow dryers? Any information you can share is appreciated :)

Hi Jillpie - This post is from back in May and you stated that you were returning to BCV in June. I'm going to be staying at BCV in early November for the Wine & Dine 10K. We check-out the day of the race and are flying home. What are the showers/bathroom facilities like near Storm Along Bay? Do they have blow dryers? Any information you can share is appreciated :)

So the final answer, is no. They never installed hair dryers. I proactively ordered one off of Amazon prior to getting there, and so sooo glad I did that. Its tiny and could fit easily in my drawstring bag on that last day. So definitely pack one if you need one. The shower facilities are good, clean, soap and shampoo provided.

Does Stormalong Bay really live up to the hype? Staying there for the first time since I was 10 years old (I am now 34!) in September for my first anniversary with my husband! We are trying to make this a bit more relaxing than our usual disney trip, so we have a lot of time planned at the resort to hang by the pool, etc.

Does Stormalong Bay really live up to the hype? Staying there for the first time since I was 10 years old (I am now 34!) in September for my first anniversary with my husband! We are trying to make this a bit more relaxing than our usual disney trip, so we have a lot of time planned at the resort to hang by the pool, etc.

We have been BCV dvc members since 2003, and to this day, I cannot wait to get to Disney just for this pool alone. We are there every single day, and absolutely LOVE it. And the reason being, even if its super crowded with loud kids playing etc., you can find a quiet place to escape, near beautiful little waterfalls and different places just to swim. If you get tired of one place, you can go to the lazy river. Its just awesome. If pool time is what you love, this is the one and only amazing pool on property to stay at!
p.s. One thing I would strongly recommend though, get there before noonish, to secure two lounge chairs where you want them. There are hundreds, no worries, but the afternoons as you can imagine, fills up.

We have been BCV dvc members since 2003, and to this day, I cannot wait to get to Disney just for this pool alone. We are there every single day, and absolutely LOVE it. And the reason being, even if its super crowded with loud kids playing etc., you can find a quiet place to escape, near beautiful little waterfalls and different places just to swim. If you get tired of one place, you can go to the lazy river. Its just awesome. If pool time is what you love, this is the one and only amazing pool on property to stay at!
p.s. One thing I would strongly recommend though, get there before noonish, to secure two lounge chairs where you want them. There are hundreds, no worries, but the afternoons as you can imagine, fills up.

Thanks for the advice, we will be sure to do that! This got me so excited. Glad to hear there are some quiet spots - I figured we would need headphones to down out the kids (we love kids but def want some relaxing quiet time away from the parks if we can get it!). Do you have to pay for floats along the lazy river?

Thanks for the advice, we will be sure to do that! This got me so excited. Glad to hear there are some quiet spots - I figured we would need headphones to down out the kids (we love kids but def want some relaxing quiet time away from the parks if we can get it!). Do you have to pay for floats along the lazy river?

Oh you're welcome, I can't say enough about this whole pool complex, its the best. We are in the same boat, we have raised our kids, all three are adults, so we are on our own now, so I hear you. Here's what we do. So from the BC, we walk down to the Yacht Club pool entrance. That is as far away from the kids section as you can get. Now the baby/toddler sand pool will be there on your right, but its not as noisy as where they play the games on the way opposite side of the pool. You'll understand when you get there what I mean, so walk all the way down, to the last entrance (past Beaches and Cream and bathrooms). Be sure to have your magic bands on, this is where you'll be banded and get your towels. And find a spot in there. The lazy river and a small section of pool will be in front of you. We love that spot, easy access to both the lazy river and you can cross over to the bigger part of the pools. So the floats, I buy a noodle at Walmart before we go. They allow them. They also have blow up rings that people use in the river, I don't use them, I'd rather float around all the way in the pool, more refreshing. They do not charge for the rings, but you can purchase a noodle there, or at the BC gift shop. My husband and I have a joke every time, we say the rule for the day, is "lazy river, swim, hot tub, frozen drinkie, repeat!".

Oh you're welcome, I can't say enough about this whole pool complex, its the best. We are in the same boat, we have raised our kids, all three are adults, so we are on our own now, so I hear you. Here's what we do. So from the BC, we walk down to the Yacht Club pool entrance. That is as far away from the kids section as you can get. Now the baby/toddler sand pool will be there on your right, but its not as noisy as where they play the games on the way opposite side of the pool. You'll understand when you get there what I mean, so walk all the way down, to the last entrance (past Beaches and Cream and bathrooms). Be sure to have your magic bands on, this is where you'll be banded and get your towels. And find a spot in there. The lazy river and a small section of pool will be in front of you. We love that spot, easy access to both the lazy river and you can cross over to the bigger part of the pools. So the floats, I buy a noodle at Walmart before we go. They allow them. They also have blow up rings that people use in the river, I don't use them, I'd rather float around all the way in the pool, more refreshing. They do not charge for the rings, but you can purchase a noodle there, or at the BC gift shop. My husband and I have a joke every time, we say the rule for the day, is "lazy river, swim, hot tub, frozen drinkie, repeat!".
thank you so much for the advice! I am emailing this to myself now so I don't forget. And that sounds like a great plan, I would enjoy some swimming, relaxing and a cocktail or two!! I am excited to hear that the waiters will bring food and drinks to you. We stayed at the Poly in March and they did this but the service was SO SLOW it wasn't even worth it.

thank you so much for the advice! I am emailing this to myself now so I don't forget. And that sounds like a great plan, I would enjoy some swimming, relaxing and a cocktail or two!! I am excited to hear that the waiters will bring food and drinks to you. We stayed at the Poly in March and they did this but the service was SO SLOW it wasn't even worth it.

We actually don't use the wait service. But it is a very nice thing to do on vacation. I have OCD about my drinks (usually only have one, I'm not a lush, omg the amount of drinking that some people have done blows us away!) in that I can't stand when the ice melts. And when she's going to several chairs at a time, the likelihood of my drink coming back fresh and nice and slushy is questionable. But thats just me, so we walk up to the bar and come right back with it. But you may love the service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter