• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stormalong Bay

I don't see how it draws anyone away from the Epcot Resorts.[/QOUTE].

? Read these boards and all you see is BC fixation, 90% due to SAB. Translation: a huge % of the DVCers who don't own at BC or BWV who are looking to stay in the Epcot area inevitably swarm to BC- which is why it always feels so crammed over there, with a 25+ minute wait for B- ice cream in the summer. We over at BWV don't miss that or the crowds.

Oh, please....food at the Boardwalk blows BC away. I don't see most people using LL for anything other than drinks. Not surprising, given we have Big River (best beer in the whole area, and also some great beef), a fun place to watch a game while eating (ESPN), incredible seafood (the Flying Fish), a wonderful trip to Europe and parts of the mid east in the form of Spoodles (which by the way offers one of the best breakfasts at WDW, it's the "sleeper" of early dining at Disney World) and - if you want a nice snack -- one of the best bakeries on property, which also delivers nice ice cream and candy.

Across the lake? Two slow service coffee shops, an overpriced so-so steak house and a cute but ridiculously overloaded walk up (when Disney appended BCV -- and thousands of additional guests -- to the back of an existing resort, they didn't add any dining capacity. Dumb, dumb, dumb...)

But ignore me please - and keep promoting the BC/SAB!!!!

Who is promoting BCV? I was simply defending SAB from your bashing. We all like different resorts for different reasons. The bashing is too much.

We get it, you love BWV, good for you.

By the way your beloved ESPN just may be closer to BCV than YOUR BWV. (Especially if you are at the end of one of the hallways.:lmao: )

The thread was about SAB, I see that has changed.

I was curious too so I went to Deb's menus:

No Way Jose - a peanut butter and hot fudge delight with chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate morsels, whipped cream and a cherry $7.99

:love: Might have to try one of those next time!

If the flash version of the slideshow doesn't download quickly enough, there is a more 'dialup friendly' version of the slideshow with most if not all the same pictures that can be found here: Stormalong Bay Slideshow

Our family LOVES SAB. We find it like a 'mini waterpark' and always plan at least a couple pool days when staying at BCV. ::yes::

thanks for the great pics...
kerri

thanks for the great pics...
kerri

You are welcome kerri! Glad you liked them.

oh, and the No Way, Jose.... YUM!!!!

jose.jpg

GREAT after a dip in SAB! :teeth:

By the way your beloved ESPN just may be closer to BCV than YOUR BWV. (Especially if you are at the end of one of the hallways.:lmao: )

Actually, ESPN (which at times can is be somewhat of a jockish romper room) was intentionally stuck down at the BC end. At the other "long hallway" end (which has villas with the best views of any DVC property:goodvibes ) we have more upscale elements (a fantastic music bar -- a.ka. Jellyrolls -- and a vintage Dance Hall).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter