"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Looks like our family is definitely using points at BCV for a few nights in early November! I had BLT booked, then switched to BCV to add a third night. I still have a BLT waitlist, but I need to cancel that at some point and formalize our plans. :)

We're letting DD bring a friend for the first time, and this will be the friend's first time at anything Disney. I had wanted BLT so the girls could have separate beds and their own bathroom, especially after we'll have tight quarters for a few nights at Coronado Springs. :) But I think the girls will find Beach Club Villas absolutely magical - they will love the pool and taking the boats or walking to two parks. DD absolutely LOVES Yacht and Beach Club and will be glad to share it with her friend. Especially because we have a Beaches & Cream dinner reservation!

Can anyone remember what date the Christmas decor went up in the Beach Club lobby last year? And, how was the selection of holiday merch in the Yacht & Beach Club shops in early- to mid-November?

November 11th is the official kickoff. However, it does happen in stages right after Halloween. I'm not sure if you'll get the full decor, but I imagine that by early November you'll see lots.

I have pictures of the BC Lobby from November 9, 2013, and no Christmas decorations were there yet.

Hey couple of questions here regarding requests for an upcoming stay.

I see references in earlier posts to 2nd floor balconies being larger but do all upper floors have a balcony at least large enough for a table / 2 chairs? Just 2 of us on this trip so that isn't a huge deal and would rather not make that a request if I understand correctly.

So assuming I don't care about balcony type, is there any particular best thing to ask for as the primary request? If we could just be close to the Boardwalk walking path facing a bunch of trees that would be ok. Not sure what the system actually lets us choose in the request and since we are renting I want to make this as easy as possible on the owner. Thanks!

Hey couple of questions here regarding requests for an upcoming stay.

I see references in earlier posts to 2nd floor balconies being larger but do all upper floors have a balcony at least large enough for a table / 2 chairs? Just 2 of us on this trip so that isn't a huge deal and would rather not make that a request if I understand correctly.

So assuming I don't care about balcony type, is there any particular best thing to ask for as the primary request? If we could just be close to the Boardwalk walking path facing a bunch of trees that would be ok. Not sure what the system actually lets us choose in the request and since we are renting I want to make this as easy as possible on the owner. Thanks!
Each villa will have at least one balcony with a minimum of one set of chairs with small table. True some balconies are sized differently for building design. I like the entire building and enjoy the random surprise. (Do enjoy getting the dedicated villas with no connecting door). One bedrooms could have one balcony, two separate balconies, or one full length balcony. Two bedrooms have same random design. Second floor is nearly all full length. Some like pool side. Others woods side. Really no clear Epcot view with the mature trees. That side could also be closer to the street on that parking lot end. Owners can make a non guaranteed request with member services. Building design with the elevators and all the stair locations, makes boardwalk or bus stop area easy to get to. Enjoy the resort. We love it.

Checked out of Home Resort today. Great weather this week. Was a two bedroom, with extended family, 7 night trip this time. (After 3 nights at Universal, Royal Pacific). Received (in attached pic) villa 251 with the full length balcony.

Attachments

• D44F94CA-EE63-4408-99A0-294FD32F3282.jpeg
    D44F94CA-EE63-4408-99A0-294FD32F3282.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 29
  • CC98EC8B-34E0-40D6-8647-984B7C79BEEF.jpeg
    CC98EC8B-34E0-40D6-8647-984B7C79BEEF.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 28
Checked out of Home Resort today. Great weather this week. Was a two bedroom, with extended family, 7 night trip this time. (After 3 nights at Universal, Royal Pacific). Received (in attached pic) villa 251 with the full length balcony.
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Love BCV.

Checked out of Home Resort today. Great weather this week. Was a two bedroom, with extended family, 7 night trip this time. (After 3 nights at Universal, Royal Pacific). Received (in attached pic) villa 251 with the full length balcony
We were in 552, just above you on the other side. Checked out on Friday, 12/9. We had 3 small balconies. No jumping across!

Refurbishment start?
What month are they starting the refresh?
Can’t wait until we get info on this as well!! I’m hoping that the list that was provided at the DVC association meeting is in chronological order (for selfish reasons since we have a stay in May). Hah!

Can’t wait until we get info on this as well!! I’m hoping that the list that was provided at the DVC association meeting is in chronological order (for selfish reasons since we have a stay in May). Hah!
We have a May and a November stay booked

Saw a post
BCV refurbishment starts this week and should finish in April.
Hope they keep the 5 th person sleeper in the studios. Also hope we get the Murphy bed ………….

Stayed at BCV for Thanksgiving and forgot to check.
Does Cape Met serve a Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving?
I know the Marketplace offered a Thanksgiving meal .
But did Cape May?

We'll be at Beach Club April 7-10 and BCV April 10-17 (we just recently decided to extend our stay and tacked on a few nights prior to our DVC stay). We are excited to be there for Easter! Besides the cute Egg decorations, does anyone know if they do anything special for Easter Sunday? I feel like I've heard about an egg-hunt in the past, but I can't seem to find any information about it anywhere. Also, we are thinking of doing Cape May for breakfast/brunch around 10-10:30. We've never eaten here but I'm so excited!

Does anyone have any advice/tips for Easter? Thanks!

I
We'll be at Beach Club April 7-10 and BCV April 10-17 (we just recently decided to extend our stay and tacked on a few nights prior to our DVC stay). We are excited to be there for Easter! Besides the cute Egg decorations, does anyone know if they do anything special for Easter Sunday? I feel like I've heard about an egg-hunt in the past, but I can't seem to find any information about it anywhere. Also, we are thinking of doing Cape May for breakfast/brunch around 10-10:30. We've never eaten here but I'm so excited!

Does anyone have any advice/tips for Easter? Thanks!
I’ve spent Easter at the Beach Club and I remember some special activities for Easter Sunday. They had that recreation calendar out, but specially for Easter. There’s an egg decoration competition too that is displayed near the Cape May Cafe entrance and you can vote on your favorite decoration. Great atmosphere! Have a great trip and enjoy the best resort on property! 😍

ve spent Easter at the Beach Club and I remember some special activities for Easter Sunday. They had that recreation calendar out, but specially for Easter. There’s an egg decoration competition too that is displayed near the Cape May Cafe entrance and you can vote on your favorite decoration.

That sounds fun, thanks! We'll have to keep an eye out for that calendar.

Have a great trip and enjoy the best resort on property! 😍

We agree! That's why we bought there! Even if the crowds are crazy, I won't mind just hanging at the resort!

Does anyone have any insight into why there is suddenly no availability (not even a single night) for 1 bd at BCV for the entire month of Sept and the first three weeks of October? Same thing happens for 2bd for a similar duration. It seems unlikely that such a big block of total unavailablility could be just naturally occurring demand/bookings. Especially with the unavailable blocks for 1 bd and 2bd ending on the exact same day, with plenty of availability outside of this block.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter