• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storybook Circus, Snow White closing date, updates!!

buzzCMlightyear

PERNER OWNER
Direct Quote from today's update.

Magic Kingdom Park will be debuting the first elements of New Fantasyland in late March when part of Storybook Circus is expected to open. Among the first experiences to open will be a re-themed Barnstormer starring the Great Goofini, one carousel of Dumbo the Flying Elephant and the Fantasyland Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad. This marks the first in a series of progressive openings for the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history.

Also, as shared previously, the Disney Princesses will be getting a new home at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. The last day of operation for this attraction will be Thursday, May 31. Snow White’s story will be told in a fresh, new way with the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, coming later to New Fantasyland.

This expansion will nearly double the size of Fantasyland. Scheduled to open in phases beginning in late 2012, the new Fantasyland will immerse Guests in Disney stories as never before. Here is what's in store when this multi-phase project is completed.

• The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take guests on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

• In Princess Fairytale Hall, Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses will greet Guests in their new home, an elegant royal court.

• The sound of the calliope will lead Guests to the brand new Storybook Circus and not one but two circling carousels of airborne pachyderms on Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Before taking to the skies on this Fantasyland favorite, Guests can experience an array of fun-filled family games and interactive wonders for kids of all ages inside the Big Top.

• Next door in Storybook Circus, the classic Barnstormer gets a bright new look as well, featuring Goofy as The Great Goofini. It’s a twisting, turning roller coaster “flight” high above the circus fun.

• Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, a major, all-new attraction during which Guests will travel with Ariel and her friends through their exciting adventures above and below the waves – all against a musical backdrop of songs from the classic film.

• The castle of the Beast, standing majestically upon a hill just across an old stone bridge from Ariel’s new home. The Be Our Guest Restaurant will feature a lavish dining experience in the elegant ballroom, gallery, and mysterious “West Wing” of the castle. With seating for 550, this magnificent facility will offer “great food fast” service by day and full table service dining in the evening. Nearby in Belle's Village, Guests will find the rousing Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.

• Just outside the village is Belle’s cottage and Enchanted Tales with Belle. The adventure begins in Maurice’s workshop, where a magical mirror is the doorway to a captivating new kind of storytelling experience: Guests are transported to the Beast’s library to meet Belle and Lumiere, and share in a lively, interactive, re-telling of the “tale as old as time.”

Capsule summary:

Storybook Circus to open "late March", including Dumbo (1 of 2 spinners), The Great Goofini (nee Barnstormer), and the Fanstasyland RR Station (presumably circus-themed). One can extrapolate to assume that associated shops an snack stands will be opening as well.

Snow White's Scary Adventures closes June 1.

The PR confirms the rumors that "Be Our Guest" will be counter service during the day and table service at night. No mention of the table service being the also-rumored dinner show, however.

Did I miss anything?

I miss where that stuff costs 600 million bucks...:eek::rolleyes1

And is built over the course of 7 years. But I digress. Meanwhile my Star Wars land remains unbuilt and Potter gets hoardes of rabid fans daily.

On the plus side I'm sure it'll be a pretty good addition and will draw people away from the experiences I'd be more apt to experience. I just think its shame when other parks (DHS in particular) suffer and MK gets a borderlined unneeded expansion

And is built over the course of 7 years. But I digress. Meanwhile my Star Wars land remains unbuilt and Potter gets hoardes of rabid fans daily.

On the plus side I'm sure it'll be a pretty good addition and will draw people away from the experiences I'd be more apt to experience. I just think its shame when other parks (DHS in particular) suffer and MK gets a borderlined unneeded expansion

moichendising! moichendising! where the real money is made!

Oh, here here, i know exactly what you're saying.

Perhaps if GL hadn't pooched his long awaited follow up movies so badly...and continues to embarass himself with one fanboy cash grab after another...then maybe disney would bite.

But probably not...as we know they don't get the full merchandising take...and that i'm sure is where the whole tug of war with lucas has been centered since 1986...not the oft cited "creative differences".

I have no doubts that the fantasyland expansion will be done nicely and a good addition.
I also have NO doubts that it will not reflect a 5+ year construction timeline or the overblown pricetag that they will admit too (as opposed to the actual cost...which you can bet will be 30% over on Joe Rhode-esque elaborate wastefulness).
What is not kosher is that they have the avatar thing that isn't getting going for a couple more years...and they have NOTHING at the Studios - which still drastically needs new investment - and they are not moving forward with anything to augment EPCOT or correct some of the blunders over there (which need not be named - for it is obvious).
They are resting on their profits...errr, i mean "laurels"...no matter what the koolaid peddlers say. Maybe annual reinvestment is too much to ask...but every 2 or 3 years based on disney's revenue is not. Not for the centerpiece of their park operations.

I know..."unprecedented level of expansion". But let's face it...that's smoke bouncing off a mirror:

DCL: It's great...but it has nothing to do...nor will it ever have really anything to do with WDW. The fact is that the distance to Port Canaveral and now Miami makes it a separate endeavour (its' not like the ship docks at the Morroco Boat launch)...and to be of true value - your vacation on both the ship and to WDW needs to be of the 7 day variety. So the 4/3 and 3/4 "land and sea" concept is flawed from the get go. You don't get anything in regards to ports on the short trips...you are rushed at WDW...and you waste time and energy moving between the two. Nice try, PR department. And i like cruises...but even a disney cruise has nothing to really do with orlando.

China: For trade deals and politics...and has nothing with the Western World...other than Isle 14 at Walmart (and i use the term "western world" loosely in regards to the toy isle at walmart)

DVC: Hey, i love what DVC does for me...basically locks in a room at Beach Club for $165.00 a night for the next 44 years...but it does NOTHING for those that don't buy. It's not like people are lining up outside of the Turf Club at Saratoga to experience the world class cuisine. This is disney modifying how people travel...it does nothing to increase the investment of the overall property. It just locks people in and reduces staffing.

California adventrue:
What? you took the unprecendented step of fixing a flawed, embarassing, cheapskated park to the tune of 200% of what the cost had been if you had done it the right way in 2000?
Great...you get only stupid points for that.

The same can be said for DSP...because from my own eyewitness account in 2006 - when it featured less than most closed down suburban shopping malls - then congratulations again. Stupid points.

so i aint buying. Not when the lesser competitors say "hey...we're throwing up a new land at a 300-500 million dollar pricetag...we'll to get it open for you in 2 years."

Do better, CMB. Do better imagineering. Do better, PR department.

Omnimovers and spinner rides have been hit hard by inflation. Also, the market for tiny castles has shot through the roof.

:lmao:LMAO:lmao:

Which brings up another point...is anyone else supremely disappointed in what they are apparently doing with the beast "castle"

I know they can't build another 180 castle in the back of the park...but a quarter scale or so would have killed them?
I know they are good with the foreshortening optical trickery...but according to the drawings and construction progress photos....it looks like the thing is gonna be 8 feet tall.

The bakery at Boardwalk makes bigger wedding cake toppers.

moichendising! moichendising! where the real money is made!

Oh, here here, i know exactly what you're saying.

Perhaps if GL hadn't pooched his long awaited follow up movies so badly...and continues to embarass himself with one fanboy cash grab after another...then maybe disney would bite.

But probably not...as we know they don't get the full merchandising take...and that i'm sure is where the whole tug of war with lucas has been centered since 1986...not the oft cited "creative differences".

I have no doubts that the fantasyland expansion will be done nicely and a good addition.
I also have NO doubts that it will not reflect a 5+ year construction timeline or the overblown pricetag that they will admit too (as opposed to the actual cost...which you can bet will be 30% over on Joe Rhode-esque elaborate wastefulness).
What is not kosher is that they have the avatar thing that isn't getting going for a couple more years...and they have NOTHING at the Studios - which still drastically needs new investment - and they are not moving forward with anything to augment EPCOT or correct some of the blunders over there (which need not be named - for it is obvious).
They are resting on their profits...errr, i mean "laurels"...no matter what the koolaid peddlers say. Maybe annual reinvestment is too much to ask...but every 2 or 3 years based on disney's revenue is not. Not for the centerpiece of their park operations.

I know..."unprecedented level of expansion". But let's face it...that's smoke bouncing off a mirror:

DCL: It's great...but it has nothing to do...nor will it ever have really anything to do with WDW. The fact is that the distance to Port Canaveral and now Miami makes it a separate endeavour (its' not like the ship docks at the Morroco Boat launch)...and to be of true value - your vacation on both the ship and to WDW needs to be of the 7 day variety. So the 4/3 and 3/4 "land and sea" concept is flawed from the get go. You don't get anything in regards to ports on the short trips...you are rushed at WDW...and you waste time and energy moving between the two. Nice try, PR department. And i like cruises...but even a disney cruise has nothing to really do with orlando.

China: For trade deals and politics...and has nothing with the Western World...other than Isle 14 at Walmart (and i use the term "western world" loosely in regards to the toy isle at walmart)

DVC: Hey, i love what DVC does for me...basically locks in a room at Beach Club for $165.00 a night for the next 44 years...but it does NOTHING for those that don't buy. It's not like people are lining up outside of the Turf Club at Saratoga to experience the world class cuisine. This is disney modifying how people travel...it does nothing to increase the investment of the overall property. It just locks people in and reduces staffing.

California adventrue:
What? you took the unprecendented step of fixing a flawed, embarassing, cheapskated park to the tune of 200% of what the cost had been if you had done it the right way in 2000?
Great...you get only stupid points for that.

The same can be said for DSP...because from my own eyewitness account in 2006 - when it featured less than most closed down suburban shopping malls - then congratulations again. Stupid points.

so i aint buying. Not when the lesser competitors say "hey...we're throwing up a new land at a 300-500 million dollar pricetag...we'll to get it open for you in 2 years."

Do better, CMB. Do better imagineering. Do better, PR department.

Thanks, you pretty much said everything I was thinking!

I just want to say.......WOW :dance3::dance3: :cheer2:

So many new things to have fun with......... :teacher: I wanna go again. But as it is the peak of work now, so will not be able to visit it soon. But to all fellow members, try providing your feedback, so that I can have a understanding of what I missed....:cloud9::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter