• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storybook Dining Late Reservation

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
I can't believe my luck, I've just scored a 8:30 pm reservation for Storybook Dining in a few days, after checking every single day for the past 5 months! Now I'm wondering how long the buses/boats will be running in order to get back to my resort at the All Stars? I know there is no direct route and that I would have to first go to a park and then to my resort if I use Disney transportation. Should I just Uber/Lyft instead? Is it safe doing that solo? I've never used a ride share service before and admit that it makes me a little bit nervous. How would you plan getting back to your resort?

The boat runs pretty late. How late is MagicKingdom open that day? Boats should be running at least an hour after that.

To get back to your resort, you have to go back to a park if one is open late enough or Disney Springs, and then transfer to a bus for your resort. Uber or Lyft are perfectly safe and so much faster, I would do that.

I am planning to go to Trader Sam's, and get back to WL. I am hoping to be able to use the monorail and boat. I think Disney Transport runs quite late? I am hoping to get back from Villains after Hours the same way, so, I HOPE they run it that late? Maybe I will need the bus after VAH...

We were the last ones out of the restaurant last year when we ate there. We used a Minnie van (have 2 kids in car seats). Totally worth it not to deal with the hassle, especially if the parks are closing around the time you're done.

It’s been my experience that they run late seating for Storybook dining. They sat us 40 minutes late for our 6:50 reservation. Keep that in mind that your dining time might get pushed back and can affect your transportation options when leaving.

Even if the bus/boat to MK is closed, you can take a bus to Disney Springs and transfer to your resort. Those buses run very late for all the evening activities at DS. That’s what I do if we didn’t drive as I don’t like wasting money on ride-shares.

I’m 70 and use taxis and/or Uber lyft all the time here in Chicago. If I were having a late dinner and didn’t want it to take at least an hour or more to get back to my resort I would definitely hire an Uber or take a taxi.

I took Uber from WL/Storybook solo. My reservation was 8:55 and by the time it was over I was too tired to deal with the buses. Like someone said, it was quick and less than $10. So worth it!
You can see make/model/color of vehicle picking you up. It also has the license plate number, so check that also before you get in the vehicle.

I took Uber from WL/Storybook solo. My reservation was 8:55 and by the time it was over I was too tired to deal with the buses. Like someone said, it was quick and less than $10. So worth it!
You can see make/model/color of vehicle picking you up. It also has the license plate number, so check that also before you get in the vehicle.
Hi. I also have an 855p when I go next month. What was your experience? Were you rushed? Did the characters leave? How many diners were there from 9 to 10? Trying to determine if it is worth keeping the kids up that late. Thanks!

I can't believe my luck, I've just scored a 8:30 pm reservation for Storybook Dining in a few days, after checking every single day for the past 5 months! Now I'm wondering how long the buses/boats will be running in order to get back to my resort at the All Stars? I know there is no direct route and that I would have to first go to a park and then to my resort if I use Disney transportation. Should I just Uber/Lyft instead? Is it safe doing that solo? I've never used a ride share service before and admit that it makes me a little bit nervous. How would you plan getting back to your resort?
UBER/Lyft is a great way to get around WDW. We had never used it until we used it at WDW a few years back. It's great and it's quick, relatively cheap and easy. It's completely safe and the UBER drivers are always friendly and helpful. They have to be. Don't worry about it at all. Plus, all their information and your information is on your phone and on UBER/Lyft's app.

Hi. I also have an 855p when I go next month. What was your experience? Were you rushed? Did the characters leave? How many diners were there from 9 to 10? Trying to determine if it is worth keeping the kids up that late. Thanks!
The restaurant was still quite full at that time. In fact, I wasn’t seated until about 9:10. Didn’t feel rushed at all. Management will visit your table and verify you have seen all the characters.

We had the same issue when we went to Chef Mickeys. Word to the wise get a Minnie Van or Uber. Monorails stopped picking up, we tried to get a bus to Disney Springs but everyone was leaving the parks so the buses were stuck in traffic. After a long time waiting we called a Minnie Van. Wish we would have done that in the beginning because by that time we were frustrated and tired.

This is a great question! We are staying at Beach club and have reservations at Artist point. I've never Ubered at disney, but think this meal would be a good time to start! Do you have to give them a pickup time when you book or do you hope for the best and try and arrange a ride when done eating? There will be 7 of us so that adds a little complication.

You download the Uber and or Lyft app.

When you are ready and waiting to be picked up, you request the ride.

Or just take a taxi.

We had a great experience- the kids are looking forward to going back again this year actually. We saw the Queen at the end before we left so she was still out for us, and all the other characters had already come around to our table. The waitstaff were all friendly and gave some special attention to our kids before we left (our son could talk your ear off!)

We had a great experience- the kids are looking forward to going back again this year actually. We saw the Queen at the end before we left so she was still out for us, and all the other characters had already come around to our table. The waitstaff were all friendly and gave some special attention to our kids before we left (our son could talk your ear off!)
Appreciate the feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter