• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storybook dining with very picky family

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Did anyone go to Storybook dining with a very picky family? Did it wind up being a lot of wasted food?

The food is good. The best meal we had at Disney World. Your best bet would be to look at the menu and see if you and your family will eat it. My kids are picky eaters.... just not in the traditional sense. They like healthy food and can't stand fast food, sugary food. They loved it. This was their favorite meal of the trip.

My family is extremely picky and there's no way I would waste money going to storybook dining. My family eats with there eyes and if the food looks even remotely "weird" they won't touch it(wife included).

My husband and son are both fussy eaters and they didn't love the place. But you know who did? This girl! And the food did not get wasted with me there, I love that mushroom bisque. All 3 of us have different tastes and sometimes one of us is thrilled and the other two are like, "meh". I have gone to plenty of burger places with my husband and choked down a hamburger even though if I never ate one again I wouldn't miss it. Sometimes you do things that make you slightly uncomfortable for people you love. That is how we are raising our kid, that sometimes you win the meal choice and the others just deal and sometimes you are the one dealing with someone else's decision. Because life isn't fair and I'd rather my son adapt to that he won't always be fed exactly what he wants. Thankfully my kid will at least eat anything if he can drown it in Hidden Valley ranch and they thoughtfully sell the little cups of that for easy transport. That's my family though and I know that won't work for everyone.

When we went in 2019, DD14 ordered chicken tenders and they made them/brought her some. YMMV, so I wouldn't count on it. (Especially since those were the "before days".) We try to balance menu plus unique dining experiences. We enjoyed the meal and the experience, but it was a one and done for us.

We have been there a couple of times. If anyone in your family is really into Snow White or the queen it’s a must. Very fun atmosphere and great service. The character interactions are spectacular. There are a good amount of options from a food perspective and although the presentation was unique the food itself is not adventurous. We felt for the kids the food was pretty straightforward. Hope that helps.

We have been there a couple of times. If anyone in your family is really into Snow White or the queen it’s a must. Very fun atmosphere and great service. The character interactions are spectacular. There are a good amount of options from a food perspective and although the presentation was unique the food itself is not adventurous. We felt for the kids the food was pretty straightforward. Hope that helps.
thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter