Storybook Dining worth it?

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So we were able to get a Storybook Dining reservation for our upcoming trip. Have heard good things. The reservation we got is at a somewhat inconvenient time but grabbed it anyway. We have a car so getting there isn’t an issue. My wife has a food intolerance and will probably just end up with a plain salad and a grilled fish or chicken whatever they can accommodate with. She also can’t have any of the desserts (so that means it up to me to eat them all LOL)
we have no kids just love Disney. Is it worth doing for her to have a plain meal or are we better served doing something like Flying Fish as we are staying at Beach Club.
thank you

We LOVED it and I am not impressed with most Disney dining. I booked again BUT we love those characters and we thought the food was good and ate it all.

Not sure I would go if I weren’t eating much of the food unless characters were really important.

We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Not sure I would go if I couldn’t eat much. How interested are you in those characters?

My sister, who isn't a big Disney fan but who goes on trips with us because she loves going to Disney with my daughter, requests Storybook Dining on each trip. The food is really (genuinely) good and it's a fun group of characters and it isn't a chaotic character meal as others can be.

We LOVED it and I am not impressed with most Disney dining. I booked again BUT we love those characters and we thought the food was good and ate it all.

Not sure I would go if I weren’t eating much of the food unless characters were really important.
What did you have? In looking more the menu looks interesting and my wife can have the fish

What did you have? In looking more the menu looks interesting and my wife can have the fish
My sister, who isn't a big Disney fan but who goes on trips with us because she loves going to Disney with my daughter, requests Storybook Dining on each trip. The food is really (genuinely) good and it's a fun group of characters and it isn't a chaotic character meal as others can be.
What did you have? In looking more the menu looks interesting and my wife can have the fish. I’m looking at several of the entrees

I got the stroll through nature (gnocchi) and thought it was really good. I don’t know your allergies/food intolerances though

Appetizers, you get them all and hoping its the same display they come on. We enjoyed all of them.

Entree we both went with the Prime Rib, it's a rare item we never get (I don't normally order steak out as I want the chef/cook to work hard on something I can't do at home). I remember looking around everyone's food looked appealing.

Dessert is also you get them all, not sure they are the same items we had, I'll have to pull up my pictures. I remember them being good, but one was too sweet for me.

Since the kids have some plainer sides it is probably possible to exchange a side if the ones that come with entree seem too flavored.

We really enjoyed it. Don’t necessarily feel the need to return quickly but it was a good time. However the highlight was the characters for our daughter. We would likely have chosen somewhere else if not for her. Especially if you’re at beach club you have a lot of great dining options nearby.

I'm not a big fan of character dining, but do them when we take our nieces and nephews. This one is my favorite. The food has been excellent both times we ate there and the character interactions were really great. We have some awesome photos of the kids here.

While I liked the old Artist Point menu better, this exceeded my expectations from when I first heard this was going character dining.

For the food intolerance issues, is it something you've relayed to Special Diets or included in your reservation booking? The TS restaurants are usually excellent in making sure diners with allergies and intolerances get a good/safe food experience. I was having gluten and dairy issues last time I dined at Storybook and they played with several of the menu items just so I had safe food. My older child has life threatening food allergies and we've had all kinds of things offered to ensure she gets a full and enjoyable meal.

For us, this is a one and done. It was great to meet the characters, and meeting the Evil Queen was definitely the highlight. However, the food was questionable.

For the food intolerance issues, is it something you've relayed to Special Diets or included in your reservation booking? The TS restaurants are usually excellent in making sure diners with allergies and intolerances get a good/safe food experience. I was having gluten and dairy issues last time I dined at Storybook and they played with several of the menu items just so I had safe food. My older child has life threatening food allergies and we've had all kinds of things offered to ensure she gets a full and enjoyable meal.
My wife can’t have any salt added to her food and needs low sodium. Virtually every TS meal we eat the chefs come out and go out of their way to give her an excellent meal. It’s funny because when you tell most people no salt they think no flavor and cook everything plain. she can have all other spices and oils just as long as the are not high is sodium. Disney TS places we have eaten are all very accommodating and cook her good food. I ask about these pre fixe/buffet type places because there are some instances where the food is already seasoned or marinated. Usually most have a piece of chicken or fish that hasn’t been pre marinated and can do that for her but I ask because I realize sometimes it can be a real inconvenience so to play it safe I ask here. Any table service that isn’t a pre fixe is always ok. Some of the Italian restaurants even boil her pasta without salt in the water. It takes longer but we understand that they are going out of their way for us and are just thankful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter