Storyline of Phantom Manor?

Macca1111

<font color=teal>I wish I were at WDW!<br><font co
I got back from the parks about a week ago...my sister and I didn't want to leave :guilty: We had been about 6 years ago, and really enjoyed ourselves this time. The one thing I was wondering about was Phantom Manor. I love the storyline and think it's so interesting in a very different way from the others (that phantom is CREEPY!) :earseek: However, I'm slightly confused about why they head into the old west...one time we caught something about a "ghostly retreat" that sounded like a cut from the original soundtrack? What's up with the old west, and how does it fit in? Everything else in the ride makes so much sense. I was also wondering if anyone knows what the narrator says in the beginning, both before you enter the stretching room and once you are there. My sister and I only speak Spanish, so we could catch snippets, but I wonder if we're missing important info. It's so dark when the lightning flashes that I can't tell if there's a body hanging or not. It would make sense with the "diappearing groom", but I can't tell, and my lack of French skills only hinders the situation. Any info is appreciated...I'm sure someone on here has the whole thing memorized! That's why I love you people. Thanks! :wave:

I can't answer most of your questions, but yes, there is a body hanging above you in the stretching room. I agree it's quite hard to see as it goes so dark and the lightning only lights it up for a split second! And I can only assume that it's the groom hanging up there. Though I haven't been to DLP since I know enough French to have understood it, hehe.

I think it is to do with the link in how the family made its fortune from the mines as early settlers.
The site Rob has given is the best I've found about Phantom Manor.

Reid

Thank you so much for the website! There certainly is a wealth of information there. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter