"Stranded" on a Caribbean Beach - First time? Free dining? Join us!

I'll chime in! We're two adults staying 11/15-11/19 at CBR for the first time. Last year we stayed at CSR, so we wanted to try something different and the mods are right in our price range. We've also stayed at POR in the past as well.

I've never taken an interest in CBR, so I don't know much about it. The theme and pool look gorgeous. The food court seems comparable to POR, and better than Pepper Market at CSR. We hated Pepper Market but loved POR's food court. Nervous about all the bus stops.

Also struggling with which building to request?? We booked a King room and we will want ground floor since there are no elevators. Other than that, we want to be near the food court which we will utilize for breakfast and would prefer to be at the start of the bus route. Although, from what I have read, there doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern for the bus pick up order? It was always the same at CSR, so easier to pinpoint. Any building suggestions for us??

Love love love CBR! Great theming laid back no bus problems great pools! Request to be in Martinique block you will be close to everything! Enjoy your gonna love it trust me!

I've stayed at CBR resort before. We actually love it. My only recommendation would be to get a preferred room. The resort is large and we prefer being near the food court and main pool. As far as the bus service.... I rarely waited for a second bus...I didn't mind going from stop to stop, but it is true you do go from stop to stop depending on the cycle and where you catch it. To be honest, I found the bus transportation worse at the Beach Club, especially the trip to DTD.
I agree the bus service is much worse at BC, YC, and BW

I think the chances of getting what you want are the same as getting what you want at any other resort. I would note what you want on your reservation in order of preference and I wouldn't request specific room numbers or more than three requests. Jamaica is very popular and is the village that everyone wants (after preferred or pirate themed rooms).
Hey is Jamaica the most popular? To me it felt like it was the furthest! Def my least fav. I would pick Martinique over any other

Stranded at CBR 9/27-10/3. It was actually my last moderate choice :/. We don't care much about resort amenities(food,buses) because we eat in the parks and drive most of the time. Bummed about the double bed sand possible Reno, but it's Disney! We'll have an awesome time! And the pool looks really cool, if it is warm enough, we'll try it out :)

Joining in! Moved over from CSR because our dates were completely full. No worries though we will be loving the low-key island life. Seems better suited for the kiddos too. Just researching locations then will call tomorrow to put in a request.

This will be our 1st stay at CBR 9/16--9/24 we usually stay either POR or POFQ and I've been looking at Youtube Videos of the Resort and it is very beautiful. I'm not afraid of walking, but I did request Jamaica section because out of all of the colors, the yellow and Blue colors are my favorite. Plus CSR is totally booked for the week we are there, but I didn't want to stay at CSR again, been there done that, I didn't care for it. I'm excited about staying at CBR. :goodvibes

Stranded at CBR 9/27-10/3. It was actually my last moderate choice :/. We don't care much about resort amenities(food,buses) because we eat in the parks and drive most of the time. Bummed about the double bed sand possible Reno, but it's Disney! We'll have an awesome time! And the pool looks really cool, if it is warm enough, we'll try it out :)

I think it will definitely be warm enough at end of September!

I think it will definitely be warm enough at end of September!

2 adults first time staying on site going 11/12-11/18 in a standard pirate room. No kids but hey, if you can sleep in a pirate ship at Disney, why not? We don't mind the stroll as we figure it'll give us the opportunity to see more of the resort. We're just really excited to be staying on site after several off site trips. Free dining is the icing on the cake!

I booked a few days ago using DisneyVisa and almost booked CSR because of the bed size, but booked CBR to save the extra $$$. A few hours later, I was researching CBR and came across a few sites talking of refurbishments. It seems almost certain they will be putting in queen beds and possibly even the "trundle" type beds like at POR so perfect for families of 5. Decor looks a little less Caribbean style and more jungle, but oh well...Now, I'll just be holding my breath hoping we get a refurbbed room for our trip in Oct.
Anyone else worried about busses and time it takes to get to MK?

I'm in too! We're a group of 14 staying Oct 1-6. Originally thinking POR (we've stayed at AKL, Poly, WLR, the tree houses at SSR, and POFQ), as we needed to be in the budget of a moderate. Then the free dining details were released, I did some research and decided on CSR. Well, as of 9:30 this morning, the allotment for free dining rooms was gone. So it was on to CBR, and after researching there, decided on water views hoping for Jamaica or Aruba. But when I booked all that was left were water view Pirate rooms. The boys in our group (12,11,10) will love it, but I'm concerned with how FAR the pirate building are from everything. Does anyone else have this concern, or has anyone stayed in the Pirate rooms before? Thanks. And no matter what, at least we're in Disney

Hey is Jamaica the most popular? To me it felt like it was the furthest! Def my least fav. I would pick Martinique over any other

Most people like to walk over the lake via the foot bridge and half of Martinique is preferred

I booked a few days ago using DisneyVisa and almost booked CSR because of the bed size, but booked CBR to save the extra $$$. A few hours later, I was researching CBR and came across a few sites talking of refurbishments. It seems almost certain they will be putting in queen beds and possibly even the "trundle" type beds like at POR so perfect for families of 5. Decor looks a little less Caribbean style and more jungle, but oh well...Now, I'll just be holding my breath hoping we get a refurbbed room for our trip in Oct.
Anyone else worried about busses and time it takes to get to MK?

I have to say I really never had bus issues at CBR. CBR is actually pretty centrally located. I had worse bus service at the BC.

I have to say I really never had bus issues at CBR. CBR is actually pretty centrally located. I had worse bus service at the BC.

That's very reassuring. I know ppl have similar complaints with CSR busses, and we thought they were great.

When we stayed there we were put in Trinidad North building 31, it is preferred, but it's a very close walk to the main building. We were there in late October and the kids were still able to swim and they loved the main pool! The food court fit us just fine and we had no problems with bed size. Now, we are a family of 5 and by the time our little one is old enough to "count" in room capacity, I really hope they add the trundle beds! We also did not have any problems with waiting for buses :)

:wave:Hi! We're refugees too!
We've known for a while that our next trip would be the last week of October. Originally, we wanted POR, then got tipped off that it would not be included in the FD. We decided on CSR, and booked 2 business club level rooms there. I figured I would just call back to add FD once it had been announced to the general public. Well I started calling at 7am sharp and didn't get through until a little after 9am. By that point, the FD allotments were gone for CSR. The CM said she could offer us 2 Preferred rooms at CBR, so we said OK.
But before she could book them, they were gone, and we had to settle for Standard CBR rooms. I'm so bummed!!!

I think my biggest worries are the double beds, the possibility of being very far from the main building, and the long waits for park buses. I've also heard horror stories of bed bugs here. And really, I just think the room décor is cheesy. The outside of the resort looks beautiful, but the rooms... not so much.

I'm glad you started this thread. It feels good to vent and know I'm not alone in my fear of CBR!!!

I think my biggest worries are the double beds,

Depending on when you check in, you may get a new room with 2 queens.

the possibility of being very far from the main building,

70% of the standard rooms are 4-6 minutes to OPR and the main pool. And the other 30% are 7-8 minutes.

and the long waits for park buses.

After 4 stays at CBR and 10 other WDW stays, the wait for the bus is no different at CBR than anywhere else.

I've also heard horror stories of bed bugs here.

You can find tons of horror stories about bed bugs at every WDW resort.

And really, I just think the room décor is cheesy.

We did too before seeing it in person. We really liked the rooms. In fact, other than the queen beds I'm nervous they're going to screw up the light, bright and airy Caribbean feel they currently have.

I'm glad you started this thread. It feels good to vent and know I'm not alone in my fear of CBR!!!

We had the same fear before our first stay. We too loved POR and POFQ and had to switch for Free Dining. We haven't been able to stay anywhere else since. We just fell in love with CBR.

We were also hoping for POR or POFQ, but it is not to be...unless I get up the ambition to call and see if I am lucky enough to have one of those random PIN codes.

I'm nervous about the size of the resort and slightly the size of the beds. I would love to see a renovation get underway and mostly be completed by November 13 ;)

It will check one more resort off of our list of those we haven't visited yet, though. I guess that is a plus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter