Strange But True

ILUVDXL

<font color=teal>What makes you think there is onl
Good Morning everyone. Here is Thursday's edition. Hope you enjoy them.

Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool. He changed it every 2 innings. (I guess we should be glad he didn't eat it too.)

The average person spends 2 weeks of their life kissing. (bet I've already beaten that stat.)

50,000 of the cells in your body will die and be replaced with new ones all while you've been reading this sentence. (amazing)

Kermit the Frog was named after Kermit Scott, a childhood friend of Jim Henson's, who went on to become a professor of philosophy at Purdue University.

Built in 1697, the Frankford Avenue Bridge, which crosses Pennypack Creek in Philadelphia, is the oldest U.S. bridge in continuous use.

Nine pennies weigh exactly one ounce.

A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur in about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a few weeks. (Guess that's why no one ever goes on a sleep strike)

13 people a year are killed by vending machines falling on them.(Hummm! I wonder if that's 13 guys filling the machines or 13 irrate customers trying to get their money's worth)

7% of Americans think Elvis is alive. (duh)

In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons

I threw in a few extra today because there will be no Friday edition. I'm off for a long weekend. Have a great day and an even better weekend.

Nine pennies weigh exactly one ounce.

Nine pennies USED to weigh exactly one ounce. In 1982, The US mint stopped making copper pennies and started using zinc with a thin coating of copper. The newer pennies are lighter and really messed up the method of counting pennies by weighing them. All the other coins have had to maintain the same weight because vending machines need to "see" the same weight and size for coins in order to recognize them.

Elvis is dead????

a cabbage leaf???? LOL

Thanks for the trivia and enjoy your weekend!!!
CC

Thanks for the clarification on the pennies, Towncrier. I'm not sure how up-to-date my resource is. Guess they dropped the ball on that one.

Originally posted by ILUVDXL

The average person spends 2 weeks of their life kissing. (bet I've already beaten that stat).

Kathy, if you were ever intoxicated in one of Boston's finer watering spots before marrying Joe, there's a good chance that the TWO OF US kissed once upon a time:p :p :p ...........

Originally posted by Towncrier

Elvis is dead????

fdb08733.jpg

No, he's not.

:) :) :) :) :)

EROS, dear. Just imagine. Oh! I'm all aquiver.

Great trivia! Thanks!

13 people a year are killed by vending machines falling on them

These people are usually the ones who tip the machine to get a 'free' soda. That's how one guy won a Darwin Award.

Kermit the Frog was named after Kermit Scott, a childhood friend of Jim Henson's, who went on to become a professor of philosophy at Purdue University.

- Wow! My alma mater! Funny, I don't remember a Professor Kermit . . .

In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons

- Who spent all that time (probably at taxpayers' expense) COUNTING all this?

And the thought of EROS and ILUVDXL sharing a kiss . . . :o

DEB, I've also kissed a number of ASIAN women...........after all, I grew up in San Francisco;) .........but only ONE in IOWA. Here's her pic...........could this be YOU????:p :p :p

Sara_Chu7.JPG

No, EROS dear. Those are not the correct Chinese characters for my name.

(and I don't wear black bras) ;)

Sorry, DEB:( . My friend in IOWA was definitely wearing a BLACK bra:) :) . I sometimes forget a face, but I never forget a bra:p :p :p ....................

Wait a minute you two. I want to go back to where EROS was kissing ME!.

When it comes to ILUVDXL, I would never kiss and tell;) . Her bra color is forever locked in my mind:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:.....

Oh no, I just peaked and I am in black today, Are you a mind reader? All the time I was typing this up I thought it would be the cabbage leaf that would get you.

Watch out , Deb. He may be peaking at you too,

THIS IS TOO FUNNY!!!

See what you started, Kathy?

Hmmm, EROS, the DIS voyeur . . . :eek:

Have a great weekend, and try to add to that 2 week time amount with Joe, OK? (that's to Kathy, NOT you, EROS!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter