• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strange experience at CRT?

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
When we were at CRT during our recent trip we had strange experiences with our waitress and I was wondering if something similar had happened to anyone else.

We had a very late reservation (9:15) and due to a later lunch and being newly pregnant I wasn’t very hungry. I ate about 1/3 of my food and decided to take the rest with me. The rest of our party all finished their meals.

Everything was fine until our waitress, who had been great, noticed that I had stopped eating. I assured her that the food was wonderful and that I just wasn’t very hungry, but the answer didn’t seem to satisfy her.

She turned into a nervous mess and kept asking me what was wrong. She seemed very upset that I wasn’t eating more. When I asked for a box at the end of the meal she appeared to be devastated. I assured her serval times that it was me not the food but she didn’t seem to believe me and was acting like she was going to be personally blamed for me not eating. It started to over shadow the whole meal.

I’ve never had a waitress care one way or another if I ate a bite of my meal (beyond checking to make sure the food is ok.) Has something like this happened to anyone else?

Wow. Very odd. No, we never had that experience. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Our server barely spoke to us, plopped our food on the table and then disappeared. She could not have cared less if we liked our food or not!

The behavior of your server seems totally bizarre to me. Once making sure that your meal was good, she should have left it alone. And quite frankly, regardless whether you ate all of your meal or had it all packed to go, as a customer you should not have had to continually reassure the server. Sounds strange!

Not at CRT, but at Tony's I just took a break to look at my phone and the waitress thought I didn't like the sauce or whatever. I'm glad she was very attentive especially here at a restaurant I went in expecting to be bad like the reviews.

That's odd, no such experience at CRT. Had a couple of other bizarre service experiences at WDW restaurants but that's out of hundreds of meals there.:)

I have to wonder if she has come from being a server on DCL (or possibly another cruiseline) where people not eating their dishes does in the opinion of the bosses reflect poorly on the servers. I’m not saying it’s right, but that is the mindset there - so if she has recently transferred from sea it could be carrying over.

I have to wonder if she has come from being a server on DCL (or possibly another cruiseline) where people not eating their dishes does in the opinion of the bosses reflect poorly on the servers. I’m not saying it’s right, but that is the mindset there - so if she has recently transferred from sea it could be carrying over.
That's just weird. I've had weight loss surgery and rarely (pretty much never) eat more than half of anything, I do explain it to the server - I would hate for them to get in trouble for my medical issue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter