• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

strange feeling in the pit of my stomach

phanomouse

DIS Veteran
I didn't know where to post this, I felt strange posting on the community board because I am more a a lurker here but anyways... I leave for my trip in less the 5 hours and for some reason I have this strange feeling that I shouldn't go. I travel almost on a weekly basis and have never felt this way. Its not like I am worried about anything. I just have this overwhelming feeling in my stomach that makes me feel I shouldn't be leaving home. Even my dogs, who are my best friends (along with my wife), are acting very strange... more so then usual that is. Anyways I know people are going to tell me that things will be ok, in fact I don't know why I am posting this other then I thought maybe the feeling would go away if I got it out in the open!!! Well anyway Disers, thanks for listening!!! Its nice to have a place where people will listen!

within the lsaat few years .....some trips I am fine and then others I am wondering what is wrong with me.........I am sure you are just being over cautious.....go and have a great time.......I am sure you will be a okey disney style

I hope you feel better. Where are you going? If it's WDW - get over that feeling LOL. Actually I travel quite a bit too, and lately I have gotten nervous right before time.It's probably stress and all thats going on in the world these days. Hand in there and have a great trip!

I hope everything turns out okay. I believe in following your gut feelings, but I don't think I could turn away from a WDW trip.

Once you get back, you'll be wondering what on earth you were worrying for. :)

I hate when that happens. Sometimes it's a little voice trying to warn us of something and sometimes it's just us feeling uncomfortable.
A friend at work got on the plane with her mom to go see her brother in Cal. She couldn't get pass a really bad feeling she had. She gets on the plane, turns to her mom and says I'm not going with you and gets off the plane!! (Nothing bad happened).
We always drive to Disney. I had booked a hotel in Florida off a main hwy in a somewhat big city. That night I couldn't sleep and something kept telling me not to stay in that city. It bugged me all day, I called and cancelled and stayed in another city. Maybe I was silly but I slept better afterwards.
Hope you can enjoy your trip.

I've found if I have a strange feeling about someting if I tell someone about it I might just jinx the bad feeling from coming to fruition.

I hope you have a good trip.:)

I get feelings like that now and then too when I travel. I am not making fun of you when I say this, but I wind up having that feeling when I've left something behind (toothbrush, cell phone charger... you get it). In the back of my mind, I know I have forgotten something and get the worried feeling. Also my furbabies act funny when I leave because they hate me going... and if I am worried they will 'worry' too. Enjoy your trip :)

My great-grandmother used to call that the "jim-jams". I get them before every trip!

Hope they pass and you have a good time!

Vivienne

I know exactly what your talking about! I'm going on a trip tomorrow and have that exact same feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter