• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strange question for California Grill

ratcatshell

<font color=FF99FF>Touched by the Tag Fairy!
Just booked CG and I know it is on the 15th floor. How fast is the elevator? I have trouble with elevators and really try not to ride them. I don't think I'm up to walking 15 flights of stairs but I have walked 10 before rather than get in an old, slow elevator. Hoping for a super fast smooth ride. Any experiences?

We went to CA Grill last October and at the time they had a private Elevator where you check in. Then you go up. It didn't stop for any of the floors. It was pretty quick and well maintained. I'm not fond of small tight spaces with no windows either, but this one was quick and to the point. No Problems.

Upon arrival, just explain your concerns to the cast member you check in with. They can ensure that your party travels alone in the elevator. That way it will be a quick and comfortable ride for you. Otherwise, your may share the elevator with another party. I've been on a few of those rides a lately where they have packed the elevator like sardines.

Very smooth and a very short ride. Because it is a private elevator with an attendant there are no other stops, just straight from the 2nd floor check-in desk to the 15th for the restaurant. I have a hard time with old, creaky, and slow elevators too but the ones at the Contemporary never give me that uneasy feeling and the ride up to CA Grill is especially easy because of the way access is restricted.

I have learned from experience that there is no way to get to the 15th floor except by the elevator. It is not accessible by walking up the stairs.

They do have a dedicated elevator, so it goes pretty quickly. The Contemporary elevators are not slow.

All PPs are right, it is an express elevator and if you request your party can ride up alone in it. It is a quick smooth ride, and trust me, dinner at Cali Grill is more than worth the ride!!!! :thumbsup2

Should add that going down, though, you may not be in the dedicated elevator as they use the whole bank to go down - and your elevator may stop at other floors. You can wait for the dedicated elevator and take it down.

Your question has been answered thoroughly, but I just wanted to add that it's not a strange question at all. A lot of people share your concern; this question actually pops up fairly regularly on this and other forums like it.

I apprecaite everyone's input! I have struggled with making this decision but I feel better with everyone's input. Both my DD's love sushi so I really wanted to try it!

ratcatshell said:
I apprecaite everyone's input! I have struggled with making this decision but I feel better with everyone's input. Both my DD's love sushi so I really wanted to try it!

The sushi is amazing.....good luck and enjoy!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Should add that going down, though, you may not be in the dedicated elevator as they use the whole bank to go down - and your elevator may stop at other floors. You can wait for the dedicated elevator and take it down.

also going down there is not a CM to ensure you a private ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter