strange question...

karenTX

Still waiting for that darn Tag Fairy!!!
Ok, strange question but it DOES kinda have to do with weddings...

We had our honeymoon at WDW and are getting ready to back for our 5th anniversary. We're doing a big trip (cruise and park). My husband has asked what I wanted for a gift along with the trip and I had an idea.

Does anyone know if the jewelery store in the MK has Mickey shaped diamond earrings? Or does anyone know where I could get some? That's what I REALLY want!!

Thanks for everyones help!!

try arribas brothers at downtown disney...EXPENSIVE but I was just there and I saw some. not sure if they were diamond or not, but for the price they were asking they must've been made of something special!! There's also an arribas bros. in the mexico pavilion at EPCOT, and I imagine there's one around MK, too. that's really the only place I can think of to tell you to look!!

not sure if this is helpful but try calling Disney merchandising

There is a fine jewelry shop at MGM on the street from the entrance road going towards Tower of Terror. Not sure they have diamonds though. What about a place at home setting them for you? A friend had a ring made and it was much more reasonable than I would have thought...

I am not sure how true it is (anyone??) but when we were on the cruise last July a nice young man was buying a loose diamond for his girlfriend swhen we docked in Nassau. We were chatting and he said he had talked to a Disney cast member who told him which stores were good to buy from (Disney had a rating system I guess) and he said the diamonds were a lot cheaper and there is no tax if you buy loose stones. I am not sure how true this is but it may be a nice idea as you would be buying the diamonds on the DISNEY vacation and you can have them set when you get home. I would bet they would still be cheaper than anything you could buy in Disney . How cute would it be..2 big stones(one for each ear )with 2 little diamond ears.....CUTE I think sapphires were cheap in Nassau...sapphire ears..hee hee hee:D

Perhaps if all else fails you can check ebay. They have EVERYTHING!

The Coronado Springs Gift shop - Panchitos - had a cheapie pair (like $30 - I guess they were CZ?) of mouse head shaped earrings!

I've seen the CZ ones all around, but Diamond ones are difficult to find. One would hve to have the diamonds laser cut, and then Disney licensed. It would not be an inexpensive proposition.

If you have no luck finding them at WDW, PM me and I can send you to someone who can have them made for you; they won't be the exact Mickey shape, but they can possibly have some made for you...but it will be $$$$$

If you find them at a store at WDW, they will have all of the apropriate licensing with it, butI am not sure that there is enough of a call for this item to justify the expense of custom cutting 2 diamonds.

I might suggest an earing with three round diamonds, looking similar to a Mickey. Most fine custom jewelry stores can do that, and it will be much less than "Mickey Shaped Diamonds"

Hope this is helpful,

:bounce:

that's kinda what I was looking for. Not lazer cut ones, but more like 3 diamonds. The middle one bigger then the "ears" so it looks like Mickey. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

karenTX, If you want a recomendation, I can probably send you somewhere, or get you a price quote. The key questions are...

When is your anniversary...(what date do you need them by; right now most jewelry stores are busy with their big holiday push, and custom orders tend to be discouraged until after 12/25)

What City in Texas are you from...(I am in Dallas and have afew really good contacts here that can help you out)

What Quality do you want? (Normally, you don't want to use the best quality diamonds in earings. They are always dirty, and anyone close enough to see the inclusions...other than DH who knows that they are there...shouldn't be there. This allows for Bigger Earings. )

How Big do you want them to be?

How Much do you want to spend?

You don't need to tell the jeweler all of this, but it helps to know this before you start .

Again, Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post the specifics...

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter