Strange things guests say

These are hilarious!

On our trip last year, we were on the train talking to the girls about going to see the fairies. They had all the Tink movies that were out at that point and both DH and I watched the movies with them, but were shaky on some of the fairy names. We were going through them and DH says "Arbor Mist." Yeah, like the cheap fruit wine. The girls didn't get it since they are still young, but I thought his mistake was pretty funny.

That's like the time a long, long time ago that my dad was trying to remember the names of the 7 dwarfs. He wrote them down and had 7 of them, but the problem was that he thought one was named "Snoopy." He felt like a doofus when I reminded him that was Charlie Brown's dog. He knew that.

Enjoying these :) I know it may seem mean to some to laugh at things other people say, but I know I've said some pretty dumb things in my time... :laughing: oops.

On two separate occasions I've overhead people looking for Dora and talking about having their picture made with Daffy Duck. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that Daffy was a slip..and that they really knew the difference between Donald and Daffy.:rolleyes:

Perhaps to say to your own group. To scream out in public and disturb other guests - nope just plain obnoxious and kind of trailer trashy.

There's no need to be mean. I believe this thread is supposed to be light- hearted.

My now 15 year old son was tall enough to ride Space Mountain at age 4 or 5 (he is now 6' 2" and growing). He was unsure about the ride and was scared because he didn't want to go to outer space. I explained the ride and he reluntantly agreed to go on it.

I was worried that he would not be happy after we got off because it was too fast. Well....we got off of the ride and he was not a happy camper. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Mom you lied to me and I am mad at you!"

I was confused becuase I was pretty open and honest about how fast the ride was and what it did. So of course I asked him what I lied about?

He said, "You lied. We really went to outer space and I told you that I didn't want to go!!!!"

He was mad at me for over a year on that one. Eventually he went back on the ride and loved it, but I was on the 'Bad Momma" list for quite some time.

Aww!! Too cute!!
My now 15 year old son was tall enough to ride Space Mountain at age 4 or 5 (he is now 6' 2" and growing). He was unsure about the ride and was scared because he didn't want to go to outer space. I explained the ride and he reluntantly agreed to go on it.

I was worried that he would not be happy after we got off because it was too fast. Well....we got off of the ride and he was not a happy camper. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Mom you lied to me and I am mad at you!"

I was confused becuase I was pretty open and honest about how fast the ride was and what it did. So of course I asked him what I lied about?

He said, "You lied. We really went to outer space and I told you that I didn't want to go!!!!"

He was mad at me for over a year on that one. Eventually he went back on the ride and loved it, but I was on the 'Bad Momma" list for quite some time.

When we went on our family vacation when I was a kid (about 13 or so). Leaving MK, on the tram ride back to the car, there was the obligatory announcement about having car trouble. My brother spotted a car in the lot with its light on and we all made fun of the people in the car who were hopefully paying attention to the announcement about car trouble.

UNTIL. We got to the car and realized it was ours.:rolleyes1 It was a rental and not one of us recognized it after a long day at MK.

"a co-worker also told me one time a lion came right up to their truck in the safari and that they all had to be very still because it was a dangerous situation really? " :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My DD8 who went to WDW for the first time when she had just turned 4 still insists, 4 years later, that she really WAS stung in the back by a hornet at ITTBAB.

Me walking around the World Showcase in Epcot wearing the largest most obnoxious sombrero that they sell at the Mexico Pavillion....

numerous passersby: "Wow, great hat, where'd you buy that?"

to which I always politely reply: "Norway"

We were in line to get in to the MK last week for an early breakfast at Crystal Palace and the guy behind made a comment to his daughter about all these people must be waiting to have breakfast with Mickey Mouse too. I don't know where he was eating at, but someone sure must have been disapointed that Mickey wasn't at breakfast in the MK.

1. On bus going past Swan/Dolphin the lady talking to her friend, who was already getting on everyone's nerves, with her really loud voice and know it all attitude (when she obviously didn't have a clue about anything:rotfl:)--points to the Swan and says "Oh that's the Contemporary resort. I've stayed there many times. Walt designed it himself you know, just before he died. Those swans were replicas of the live ones he had in a lake in his backyard out in Hollywood".:rotfl:

Holy mackerel, I don't know if I would've been able to keep my mouth shut for that one! I would at the very least bust out laughing in her face and then feel bad for being rude :laughing:

Me walking around the World Showcase in Epcot wearing the largest most obnoxious sombrero that they sell at the Mexico Pavillion....

numerous passersby: "Wow, great hat, where'd you buy that?"

to which I always politely reply: "Norway"

Here's your sign!

:rotfl: When we took the kids in 09, DS kept calling Epcot "Eggpot" and DD kept calling it "Apricot." It's a joke now. I wonder how many people will be shaking their heads at us when we call it Eggpot or Apricot when we go back. :rotfl:

Our DS and DD came up with the tag Efcot several years ago when they were very young. They are now in their 20's and we still call it Efcot. I would imagine that we have been overheard on occassion and I'm surprised that we haven't been mentioned on the DIS for our apparent faux pas.

Not something that was said, but amusing to me, none the less.

During our last trip, we were at DHS for evening EMH. My wife and kids were off riding and I was wandering around with my camera and tripod taking night shots. I was in the process of lining up a shot down the street towards the Tower of Terror when I noticed someone standing beside me. At first I continued to do what I was doing, then I turned to look. A lady was standing there with her kid and as I looked, she handed me her photopass card.

I smiled and told her was not a photopass photographer, I'm just a guy taking pictures, but I had to chuckle later. They both looked very tired, so I'm sure she was just going through the motions at that point.

Had a funny similar experience on our last trip. We were in MK just coming off the People Mover when I was approached by a boy maybe 8 or 10 years old. He said, "Wanna trade pins?" Now I would have loved to trade pins with him, problem was, we had forgotten our pins when we packed and they were home on my desk in my office. I was wearing a lanyard with our KTTW cards and our Photopass card in it, but no pins. What was even funnier was that when I told him I had no pins to trade he offered me a couple of his, I guess to then trade with him. :rotfl: His dad was standing right behind him, laughing with us - it was extremely cute.

I've not particularly heard anything funny in WDW but I used to be a cast member in my local Disney store and some of the questions the guests used to ask me would make me want to giggle.

One question that I was asked on numerous occasions was "where are the dora the explorer toys?" or "Where are the Justin Bieber items" One guest in particular after me repeatedly telling her that Dora the explorer was in fact not owned by disney and was part of nickelodeon still would not believe me and went off to ask another cast member!

I was surprised by the amount of people there were who would ask these questions.

I just took my DD6 to Disneyland for our second trip and I kept referring to Disneyland as the Magic Kingdom. Evidently out there it is Disneyland and not the Magic Kingdom so I can understand the confusion of some people in WDW. In fact, I was corrected several times and even asked if I went to WDW a lot.

We were in the MK a few years ago and overheard a family talking about leaving the park. The father was determined that he was NOT going to leave the park before they went to see the "Dancing Bear Jubilee" show. I could not stop laughing under my breath. Now that show will always have a new name for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter