• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

strangers in a strange land - day four

tinker-kyle

Mouseketeer
thursday am ... we wake at about 7am and scurry to make our 7:50am PS for Goofy's Kitchen. Free vouchers as promised from housekeeping manager are waiting at front desk ... we notice that they are good for any resort character breakfast we briefly consider heading over to storytellers at GC to try something new, but DD has heart set on Goofy's so we stick with the orignal plan. our free breakfast ends up costing $30 because we buy several of the pluto photos ... they do really cute stuff at this location ... they still had our pix in the system from mon. nite so we picked one of DD and pluto, one of the three of us with pluto, and one of DD with tinkerbell ... single sheet was $16.50, but three sheets (three poses) was $30... these ended up being the only "offical" DL we bought on the whole trip and are very cute. Characters this am were much more friendly than at dinner the other night ... but food was (i thought) really bad ... i stuck with oatmeal with brown sugar (which was great) and some fruit... eevrything else was very rubbery and bland.... was very glad i hadnt paid ... but maybe if i had i would have been more in the mood for massive amounts of jsut okay food. they had same desserts as dinner and a lot of lunch/dinner food ... nearly the whole child's dinner buffet was out (including pb and j pizza) ...

we finish at breakfast and head out to CA at around 9:30 ... weather was pretty warm and the prediction for rain was this evening so we left our sweatshirts back in the room ... entered CA from GCH and we're on soarin' before 10am (offical opening time) b/c we were trying to stay ahead of the rain all week we had left a lot of shows for this last day ... we hit its tough to be a bug ... first. DD hates this one ... every year she says she'll try (mind you she seen it about 8X) and every year she ends up crouched on the floor with her eye/ears/nose covered ... we're not bad parents she always ASKS to go on ... we were three of only about 12 people in the whole theatre ... we predict family of four with @2year old girl to be out the door in less than 5 minutes, but go figure it doesnt faze the kid at all .... wow!

after that we checked out tortilla and sour dough bread factories ... in both places there was only 2 or 3 other people ... we liked the samples... but otherwise not too exciting. we wonder a few shops and wait to get mickey's autograph. we do muppets next and theres like 20 people in that theatre ... show was starting as we walked in so no wait at all.

its about 12 noon ... and the first aladdain show starts at 12:30 so we get on line there... use "preferred seating" tix that came with WDTC package ... definitely did not need for snow white or muppets, but was a big perk at aladdin ... we're admitted first and sit in middle of fourth row ... theatre is full. show was very good ... i loved the genie's one liners very funny. we had great view of everything but magic carpet ride.

we exit ride at about 1:30ish and its pouring!!! cant complain coz this is the first rain we've seen ... hubby heads back to hotel for jackets. I buy DD a poncho... we go to check out animation studio ... i expect this place to be packed coz its right near exit to aladdain and its a big dry place.... but its pretty quiet. a few families watching video clips in main room and a short line to see walt disney story (we skip that coz we saw in MGM just a few months ago) no interest in meeting any more princesses or in seeing anaimation movie (which i know is suppose to be good) we head down to workshop ... which is not well marked or explained... we had fun though. loved beast's library and DH met us there and we all took personality test (me=jane, DD=tinkerbell, DH=lumiere --all VERY good matches)

we had wante dto check out redwood creek trail ... but decided to skip it b/c of the rain ... we head over to DL instead. definitely an air of crankiness now that its raining ... lots of wet people and babies and people whose pants were dragging on the ground and getting soaked up a wick on a candle. we were relatively comfortable though my sneakers are these cute litte wrestling type and got soaked fast ... we decide on lunch at pinochhio's .. split a dbl cheeseburger and DD has a chix nugget kids meal - not a great lunch, just okay.

we FP BTMRR and head over to W-the-P --- lots of wet people. lines about ten minutes. we treat ourselves to cookies in the bakery (they have the best snickerdoodles!) we're in time for our FP so we do BTMRR -- rain wasnt too bad. Its 4pm and we decide to take the monorail back to hotel. monorail is pretty full ... and hubby sits next to 30-ish woman who keeps scooting away from him like she can crawl up the side of the car ... finally he gives her a look like "what's up?" and apologizes but says she "can't get sick or wet" coz she's going in for surgery next week (!?!) does this strike you as weird as it struck us ... if you're that suspectible to germs why would you be at a theme park in the rain (its been raining for more than 2 hrs at this point) and why get on a crowded monorial train? didnt make sense and also her mom is sitting across from her and next to my daughter (so we rearrange so the sick girl is between the wall and her own mom) also she's wearing these super fuzzy angora gloves and black pants and starts going on about where did all the "cat hair" on her pants come from? hubby and i roll our eyes - takes the sickie and her mom a few minutes to catch on about the gloves -- wacky.

we're restless back in the hotel ... knowing its our last night to go into the park, but not wanting to hang out in the rain either... dryed my sneakers out with the hairdryer ... nobody's sleepy or hungry so at 5:30 were back on the monorail back to the park ... i made a palstic bag/sock sandwich to help keep my feet dry and oot worked out very well ... turns out to be a great night. rain tampers off to nothing and we're poncho-free by 6pm. we ride autopia, peter pan, pinocchio, BTMRR with little to no wait. we find out the IJ is down for repairs we take one more ride at peter pan. we take our time walking out as the park closes .... walk through DTD. get DD a wetzel pretzel hot dog for dinner (really tasty-- not one of those anemic park hot dogs but a hefty hebrew national type) DD is dragging so she and i head back to hotel. Hubby waits for take out at ralp brennan's jazz kitchen ...we'd been drooling over this place all week, but didnt have the time to do a sit-down. they're great about take-out ... we get yummy crawfish spring rolls and split the panned chicken. plenty for two ... and very very good (oh and i remembered to use my coupon too!) we eat and watch the apprentice before hitting the sack. DD had fallen asleep nearly as soon as she was finished eating ... and despite it being our last nite we still didnt remember to turn out the lights and look at the pixie dust!

tomorrow -- we shop!

I'm waiting.......

I love your reports. Keep'em coming!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter