stratagy for best Delta airfare?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
Deltas fares seem high esp. compared to Airtran. Even their sales aren't that much of a deal (airtran still lower) - is there a way to snag a good price on Delta without having to leave in a week and being burdened with all the restrictions on travel??
Airtran has sales you can book several months in advance. Am I missing something with Delta? Do you just have to keep checking their website daily?

i always fly delta(mickeys airline) from nyc to mco and book it as soon as the 331 days from my return flight is available; this year for our 9/30-10/7 trip i originally got 171 RT which is a nice price; i do follow their site daily and watched the fares go up and down since then(there are 112 days to go ;-) ) just last week i noticed that the fares dropped online to 138.50 RT so being i live 10 minutes from jfk i drove over and after an hour with the agents who couldnt figure out how to credit me without a penalty, which doesnt apply for reissues of the same ticket at a lower fare, to give me vouchers for my next trip, they just credited my credit card for the difference which should require a penalty but i schmoozed them real good and didnt have to pay that penalty; however, although the online fare was 138.5, the in person fare was 145.5 so i still saved some and wound up with a great fare for the flights; and these are of course non-stop flights which get me into mco at 8:30ish AM so with nationals emerald aisle i get to the parks by 10:30ish the latest whether or not the room is ready for us;

Chech Delta again.

We just got RT from Hartford CT to MCO for $119 pp and that includes taxes fees setc.

This is for early November!

I just got 109.90 rt (total) for Sept. (BDL to TPA)
And, btw, it is not the official airline of WDW anymore, that ended in the early to mid 90's. But, it is still a great airline.

We also fly Delta out of the NYC area, and the best prices we find, tend to be as far out as possible. We booked our July flights in September. It's a direct flight and gets us to MCO by 8:30am-9am. I never saw the fare for that flight go down at all in the last several months, it only went higher until it was sold out.

There may be other ways to get a better fare, but if you have specific days you need to fly, or if it is a weekend departure, try to book out as far as possible for the best prices.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

so thats why they dont have those mickey visors anymore on the flights down :-( ; i know they got rid of the FF and EWTN programs but wasnt sure they lost their official disney airline status BUT they will always be mickeys airline to me and my daughter because they brought her to him so many times and the memories are great!!! and living 10 min from jfk we can almost touch the planes on approach and always say when we see its delta, 'theres mickeys airline ' again and again :-);

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter