Strategy for AK - FOP

loudisneyfan

Mouseketeer
So we decided last minute to go to WDW in two weeks and as we all know there is no way to get FP for the attractions in Pandora.
I looked into the Night of Ultimate Adventures tour and it is all booked.
I'm wondering, do people get together to create a group of 10 people (we are only 2 of us) and book the VIP tour? If is was $425 per hour for 7 hours and there were 10 of us, the cost is comparable to the 4 hour tour but you get 7 hours.
Is there a section on the forums for this?
Thanks!

Honestly, I'd just keep checking for FP. You'll have no trouble getting Navi if you're vigilant about checking. We booked 8 days out and over the course of those 8 days I had plenty of different options for Navi. FoP we ended up with a same day FP after we used our first few, but if you really never find one, then just go for RD or stay late and hit it just before park closing. I don't think it's worth hundreds of dollars....

One night last week, the standby line for FoP was down to 16 minutes about 45 minutes before the park closed.

This may be a better option than spending several hundred dollars for the tour.

I agree with others, I got lucky and got a same day FOP and saw Navi on two days of our recent trip pop up as available. With the passage of a little time both will get easier.

So we decided last minute to go to WDW in two weeks and as we all know there is no way to get FP for the attractions in Pandora.
I looked into the Night of Ultimate Adventures tour and it is all booked.
I'm wondering, do people get together to create a group of 10 people (we are only 2 of us) and book the VIP tour? If is was $425 per hour for 7 hours and there were 10 of us, the cost is comparable to the 4 hour tour but you get 7 hours.
Is there a section on the forums for this?
Thanks!
It is possible to get FOP FP+ this close. Unless you're ok with spending that kind of money. At our 60 day mark, we weren't able to get a FP+ for FOP, but i kept checking! Everyday I looked at park times and checked the MDE FP selections for openings. About 1.5 weeks away from our vacation I noticed the park times changed for AK and with it opened up 7 more FP+ times for FOP! We grabbed one early in the morning and went to rope drop at AK. While everyone was literally running to Pandora, we stopped and did pics in front of the tree of life with zero people behind us and then casually walked to Pandora and into line for Navi River Journey where we walked straight onto that ride twice before getting in our FP line at FOP. Be persistent!!

If you don't have a FP, get there at least 30 minutes before rope drop or earlier. They often let people get in line for those 2 rides before the park opens.
Either try and ride right at opening or while RoL is going or close to park close.
Keep checking, FPs do become available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter