Streaming on rides?

Universal doesn't allow filming on the majority of attractions. The last time I rode River Adventure, someone in the back row was filming and team members were on the loud speaker telling that person to stop every couple of seconds. That totally took me out of the experience and was super annoying.

Universal doesn't allow filming on the majority of attractions. The last time I rode River Adventure, someone in the back row was filming and team members were on the loud speaker telling that person to stop every couple of seconds. That totally took me out of the experience and was super annoying.

Yep, they`ve stopped a boat more than once when folks didn`t put their cameras away on that ride when we`ve been on it. You`re right, it does ruin the experience for everyone else.

OP....don`t be that person.

You can do Kang & Kodos, and One Fish Two Fish. As long as you are seated facing forward.

Otherwise, as above, it is super annoying to other riders, especially if they need to make announcements telling someone to stop doing something.

I am asking for clarification from @figment do the bart123 in case others have misunderstood your post.

Are you looking to live stream the ride while you are on it, or are you looking for something on TikTok to get a sense of the ride before you go?

If you have issues or concerns and want to get a sense of what the ride is like before you go, you can probably find almost all of the rides on TikTok or YouTube.

I am asking for clarification from @figment do the bart123 in case others have misunderstood your post.

Are you looking to live stream the ride while you are on it, or are you looking for something on TikTok to get a sense of the ride before you go?

If you have issues or concerns and want to get a sense of what the ride is like before you go, you can probably find almost all of the rides on TikTok or YouTube.
To film the ride and be quiet I don't talk during the rides!

Please don't! There are thousands of on-ride videos already. Your content will be nothing new, and you'll diminish the experience for everyone around you with your phone out. It's just plain selfish and rude (not to mention unnecessary).

Go for some _original_ content instead: do a clever ride review afterwards, rank the rides, offer insightful touring tips, etc. I'm sure your followers will get way more out of it.

Last edited:
I just film the ride just for people who can't make it up there!
Going to back up what others said and add to it, because not only are there a lot of videos out there already, Universal already does this on their Youtube account, they sometimes even film different angles/nighttime/VR. Guessing a big reason they do this is to take away the incentive for other people to do it. They do a very good job, in part because they can use better equipment.

Incidentally, a funny thing keeps happening on some instagram accounts where they repost the vids from Universal and people yell at them because of the no filming rule. You can often tell it’s an official vid by the audio/soundtrack (and again, the videos are VERY well produced).

Here’s their video from Velocicoaster, i think it was uploaded around the time when they first opened it:

There is nothing wrong with streaming the rides on which it is allowed. It does not diminish anyone else's experience, as long as you aren't talking. Thousands of people watch some of the live streams.

Before live streaming people would videotape while on the rides. It's been going on literally for decades.

But the key is "when it is allowed", and Universal allows it on very few attractions. On many you are not even supposed to have your phone with you and they have metal detectors.

Because of how limited it is, live streamers at Universal usually focus more on just walking around the parks, the outdoor shows and parades, the restaurants, the scenery, etc.

But if you want to live stream what rides you can, just ask the team members before you get in line. And then follow what they tell you.

There is nothing wrong with streaming the rides on which it is allowed. It does not diminish anyone else's experience, as long as you aren't talking.

Sit behind someone holding their phone up in the front of your view, and let me know how that's not diminishing your experience.

The rides on which you are allowed to video/stream are those with individual, separated ride vehicles. Your phone is no where near anyone else, certainly not blocking their view. Again, on those few rides that allow it. I'm sure that's part of why the list is so short.

Sit behind someone holding their phone up in the front of your view, and let me know how that's not diminishing your experience.
As CAPSLOCK pointed out, not a problem at Universal.

If you want to talk about Disney, where live streaming on rides is more prevalent, still rarely a problem. Streaming most frequently involves holding the phone in front of the streamers face or lower.

Now, you want to complain about the light the viewscreens are throwing off, ok. But that's not a live streamer problem. Most of the people with their phones out are just taking photos or videos for themselves. Very few are actually live streaming.

As CAPSLOCK pointed out, not a problem at Universal.

If you want to talk about Disney, where live streaming on rides is more prevalent, still rarely a problem. Streaming most frequently involves holding the phone in front of the streamers face or lower.

Now, you want to complain about the light the viewscreens are throwing off, ok. But that's not a live streamer problem. Most of the people with their phones out are just taking photos or videos for themselves. Very few are actually live streaming.
It doesn't really matter why...just leave your phone in your pocket on rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter