• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stress, Celebration and early departures now live from Disney 8/22 complete

So last night we voted to head to Captain Cooks at the Poly. It is somewhere that we haven’t been for years and as our park tickets don’t click in until today we figured we could watch the water pageant and fireworks from the beach.
I ordered the Aloha pork sandwich. This was good. Not amazing but tasty and filled with pulled pork and veg. Somehow I thought it was also going to be.very sweet with pineapple but it wasn’t at all.
DD and DS decided to split the chicken stir fry and pork fried rice.
They loved the stir fry and the pot (which looks tiny) was actually plenty for them to split and at 21 and 17 they can eat!
The pork rice has now been named cake rice! I didn’t quite believe it until I tried it myself but it did indeed both smell and taste of cake. Who knew? Not a hit and most was left behind.
Unfortunately the service here was some of the worst we have ever had at Disney.
They initially got my order wrong (I know I have a British accent) but it was really hard to find someone to change it. In the end it cost me a $2 too much but we did get the right order.
There were about 4 cast members stood around but all the tables were dirty. I ended up cleaning mine before we ate.
There was a guy just walking around but refusing to help anyone.
Shame as this is a great counter service in a lovely resort. Cost $36 for 3 meals and one Diet Coke.View attachment 423363

Your sandwich looks good. I hate to hear that about the bad service. It's always frustrating when there are employees standing around doing nothing when there are clearly things that need to be done (like clearing/cleaning tables).

Did you get to see the water pageant or any fireworks while you ate?

Your sandwich looks good. I hate to hear that about the bad service. It's always frustrating when there are employees standing around doing nothing when there are clearly things that need to be done (like clearing/cleaning tables).

Did you get to see the water pageant or any fireworks while you ate?
Yes we caught both but the electrical water pageant times did not match up with the one we had been given.
It’s always a shame when frontline staff let the others down. Just had fantastic service at Riverside Mill.

Great report so far!! Sad to hear that you didn't have a great experience at the Poly (and on what was supposed to be your first "real" day). I hope that those first two unexpected days gave you a chance to get used to the time change and now you're ready to hit the ground running! Looking forward to more food and to seeing you in about a week and a half!

Hi Lisa - following! Enjoying your report and look forward to more. We're also hoping to see Tracerr next week - maybe our paths will cross!
Everyone is hoping to see the wonderful Tracerr00 . It’s always nice to meet one of her friends.
Great report so far!! Sad to hear that you didn't have a great experience at the Poly (and on what was supposed to be your first "real" day). I hope that those first two unexpected days gave you a chance to get used to the time change and now you're ready to hit the ground running! Looking forward to more food and to seeing you in about a week and a half!
Yes, it was a great tip about Sports thanks too. Looking forward to seeing you and your beautiful DD.

First day on qsdp and obviously now it’s paid for nobody is hungry 😉
We headed over to POR, beautiful resort and fantastic staff so far.
Our room was ready early so we headed straight to the food court where they were just finishing breakfast and starting lunch.
Since we now had our refillable mugs my DS and I both grabbed drinks for tomorrow morning and popped them in the fridge in our room. DD had chicken tenders again! And chocolate milk. DS had the bounty breakfast which he thought was fabulous for a resort breakfast and I went with the prime rib dip sandwich. It was ok but the fries were like English chips. Even with vinegar!!! Awesome.176A5C12-E27A-4D32-840C-01CAEE475132.jpeg392C76C1-1971-4B64-B8FA-5B430B3A2F93.jpeg12E55791-4846-4C83-B2A7-AB848E7ED0EE.jpeg430E407C-FC18-4375-9825-1D945B49897D.jpeg
First 3 cs done.

Into EPCOT this afternoon and DD used her first snack credit on a chocolate strawberry from Germany.
I used mine for a Frapp at Starbucks. The queue was so long that I should have got a fastpass.
DS did not join us as he ordered his first beer here in America!

Attachments

• C78F0AD6-9BA7-498D-9932-C9F672381493.jpeg
    C78F0AD6-9BA7-498D-9932-C9F672381493.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 18
For dinner we came back to the resort. I needed to ask bell services to bring our luggage and our garden grocer order across and was getting concerned about sorting it out!
It proved so easy and also our room had a small issue which maintenance came and sorted out very promptly. Big thumbs up all round.
DS and DD went over to Riverside Mill and I promised to join them but everything took longer than expected so they ended up eating without me. So no photos of their food. DS ordered the foot long hotdog and fries and also used a snack credit for apple cobbler and ice cream. From what I can work put DD just had a taste of each and then came back to raid the garden grocer supplies!
DS thought the cobbler was amazing.
I went over later and ate Greek salad with chicken but had ranch dressing this time. It tasted really fresh despite being pre-prepared.
590CE3A9-123F-4A7A-A769-310A82626581.jpeg

For dinner we came back to the resort. I needed to ask bell services to bring our luggage and our garden grocer order across and was getting concerned about sorting it out!
It proved so easy and also our room had a small issue which maintenance came and sorted out very promptly. Big thumbs up all round.
DS and DD went over to Riverside Mill and I promised to join them but everything took longer than expected so they ended up eating without me. So no photos of their food. DS ordered the foot long hotdog and fries and also used a snack credit for apple cobbler and ice cream. From what I can work put DD just had a taste of each and then came back to raid the garden grocer supplies!
DS thought the cobbler was amazing.
I went over later and ate Greek salad with chicken but had ranch dressing this time. It tasted really fresh despite being pre-prepared.
View attachment 423568

That salad looks really good! Glad they were able to work out the issues fairly quickly and easily.

Can't wait to hear more!

We had an early start today for a pre-Park breakfast at Be Our Guest.
This gets a fair number of negative reviews but we have never had a bad experience here and this was fantastic again today. I carried some of the pastries until late morning as we didn’t want to eat them all first thing. DD had the cronut which always looks amazing but I don’t like bananas so it’s not for me. She drank chocolate milk.
DS has the Gaston’s feast and a soft drink. I had the cheese and meat plate which I had ordered thinking this would be our first morning and I wouldn’t want anything too fancy at what my body would think was lunch. Other than the fairly pathetic slice of peach on my plate everything was amazing. I had a few cups of coffee. Those of you from the US who complain about Disney coffee have never tasted the English stuff. Yours is fantastic.45C006E2-4285-49F1-B851-B41799D9AD10.jpeg19C0FCA2-636D-4F31-B284-E277AA1FB61E.jpegCC1583E5-FC35-42BB-B75F-FCDFA0B19963.jpegD413B8F4-AEF2-44BB-9800-809569F5F0DF.jpeg45C006E2-4285-49F1-B851-B41799D9AD10.jpeg19C0FCA2-636D-4F31-B284-E277AA1FB61E.jpegCC1583E5-FC35-42BB-B75F-FCDFA0B19963.jpegD413B8F4-AEF2-44BB-9800-809569F5F0DF.jpeg45C006E2-4285-49F1-B851-B41799D9AD10.jpeg19C0FCA2-636D-4F31-B284-E277AA1FB61E.jpeg

Early afternoon we headed out of the Magic Kingdom and over on the monorail to Gasparillas at the GF. This is one of the quietest places on property and honestly it has the best salad not only in the ‘world ‘ but also IMHO in the world!
Due to it being a pick your own it works whether you like dressing and cheese like me or neither like DD. You choose your lettuce and then other items from peas, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives etc to croutons, noodle, sultana and bacon. You can add either chicken or steak. She went with chicken and I chose the steak. DS wasn’t sure if he was hungry but couldn’t walk away from their mac n cheese. DS and I had the 2A47747B-A59E-46A7-A665-DE72CDDF2FC3.jpeg5896A43D-316A-4A10-AD81-744BB45FC394.jpeg19369539-E51A-4798-B3D1-61BDD0491C55.jpegfreestyle coke although it does seem a bit like paying for club cool.

After a lot of food earlier in the day nobody wanted much tonight. DS stayed at the resort to run and requested a Mickey Pretzel bringing back!
DD and I headed over on the boat to Disney Springs and after collecting our U.K. Disney gift card and then doing some shopping she decided on Wolfgang Puck for a late dinner. She used a cs credit for spaghetti meat CE672B0E-C4C7-432E-85B3-670C13F04A87.jpeg80B36E68-72A1-4255-A84A-93E3EFF70E70.jpeg0BE1DA9C-4609-4558-A977-1FE37E628E7D.jpegballs and I used a snack credit for sweet potato fries. As ever the food at WPE was very good but as ever they aren’t generous with the drinks. On the dining plan you get a very restricted choice and only a small kids size water with an adult meal.

Had a great day in Epcot but a tricky day at the resort. Never mind should be moving room tomorrow so on with the food.

No breakfast as up for early opening. Lunch at the world Showcase. Both kids ate in France.
DS has the chicken pesto roll which he thought was ok. DD had the ham, cheese and mustard baguette? without cheese or mustard.ED39E356-5653-4611-AEDF-10D34E275F7F.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter