Strikes in France

Oh It's getting there I'm worried about, wouldn't be quite so worried about getting back!

I always said that but after being stuck in CDG for 27 hours on my own, with little money, no phone and no help from a certain airline whatsoever :mad: my thoughts on it have completely changed.

O Dear this is not looking good. Hope everything works out for those going today / next few days.

That's what I've been thinking,"what if he just doesn't give in" and I don't think he will (or can afford to)
But they can't strike forever :confused3
That's good about Eurostar I guess I'll just have to hope for the best and keep a close eye on things in the coming days.
I really feel for anyone going sooner, worrying about flights, fuel etc. I just saw on Air France facebook post that long haul flights are 100% fine, its short haul flights that are the problem. So if anyone in America or elsewhere is worried, you should be fine if flying with Air France.

We are travelling with Air France from US but I have no idea how we would get ourselves to Disney from the airport....all my research will be up in smoke if this continues.....hope everyone gets where they need to go and that this strike is over soon.....

Here is the latest update from Eurostar.

Industrial Action in France, Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 October - Eurostar trains operating normally

Due to industrial action in France on Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 October, French rail services will be disrupted. More detailed information can be found at www.infolignes.com (real-time train running information for French railways). Paris Metro services are running but are subject to some disruption.

If you are connecting within France and will have difficulty getting to or from your Eurostar station or wish to postpone your journey, you can exchange your Eurostar tickets at your initial point of sale or at any SNCF station for free (subject to availability of the fare purchased).

Your Eurostar ticket can be exchanged up to 60 days after your initial date of travel for a journey in the next 90 days.

A friends flight to Paris was diverted this morning to Brussels due to protesters blocking the main access road to the airport. She hired a car and drove the 4 hours to DLP with her husband navigating. The last message I received from her was that they had safely arrived at DLP, had checked in to the Santa Fe and were at BBWWS.

We are travelling with Air France from US but I have no idea how we would get ourselves to Disney from the airport....all my research will be up in smoke if this continues.....hope everyone gets where they need to go and that this strike is over soon.....

What about EZSHuttle? It seems that they are still operating and they get great reviews (somebody correct me if im wrong but thought someone mentioned using them in the past few days)

What about EZSHuttle? It seems that they are still operating and they get great reviews (somebody correct me if im wrong but thought someone mentioned using them in the past few days)

Thanks....yes if it goes on for a long time I will look into the shuttles. I thought there was a problem with gasoline running low....?

Thanks....yes if it goes on for a long time I will look into the shuttles. I thought there was a problem with gasoline running low....?

there is a prob - they hoped they had enuf until thursday - but have no more news after that....

I am due to fly out Sunday with my two children. I had booked the TGV from the airport but understand that a lot of their trains are 'disrupted'! This is our first time to DLP so really dont know what to do.
Think it is a wait and see situation for me.
Good luck to everyone who is travelling soon.
Julie

we go ( via eurotunnel) early Fri morning
will fill up @ Folkestone and then should be fine,hubbys car does 500+ miles to a tank[/QUOTE

We can do the trip there and back on one tank but are staying at campsite 15 min drive away so will be toing and froing a lot during the week!

so are we, but only going to Disney sat and sun so should still be ok
hmm maybe take some fuel in a can just in case!!

brrr tis freezing here in Wales at the mo ( car was iced over this morning!) ,have packed plenty of warm things for France
it's usually nice at this time of yr in Disney,was lovely last Halloween! sunny and cold in the mornings but coming out nice and warm later on,no need for coats

dont think it will be the same this yr! lol

This is awful..:sad2: We are due to go Sunday and flyback Tuesday night but just heard there is a strike planned for next tuesday..meaning no fliht home!!:sad2: Has anyone heard anything about this strike?

so are we, but only going to Disney sat and sun so should still be ok
hmm maybe take some fuel in a can just in case!!

brrr tis freezing here in Wales at the mo ( car was iced over this morning!) ,have packed plenty of warm things for France
it's usually nice at this time of yr in Disney,was lovely last Halloween! sunny and cold in the mornings but coming out nice and warm later on,no need for coats

dont think it will be the same this yr! lol

As we are going to buy annual passes we've booked for just before Xmas too staying at the Ibis. I have bought thermals and ski underwear for the kids (on offer in Lidl!) for Dec but thinking I may put them in the car just in case for this week!! Its cold here in Portsmouth too had to de-ice my car this morning!
Have a good hol!! If you have internet and find a garage with petrol - let us all know!!!!

This is awful..:sad2: We are due to go Sunday and flyback Tuesday night but just heard there is a strike planned for next tuesday..meaning no fliht home!!:sad2: Has anyone heard anything about this strike?

On the radio today they said only 2more days of strikes had been planned, Thursday and a day in early November. :confused3

On the radio today they said only 2more days of strikes had been planned, Thursday and a day in early November. :confused3

Hi thanks for this information! i hope its true!! im so depressed worrying if we will get there or not and after all this planning! i have been looking forward to this for so long!

:scared1:
Oh please god no no no no NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

We lost 3 out of our 5 days in DLP in May over that damned volcano :sad2: this Christmas trip is to compensate for that.

I , well we, just couldn't cope with the turmoil of 3 wasted early morning trips to the airport only to come back home each time. :sad1: that was so heartbreaking , my poor kiddies faces leaving Dublin airport .....

As were in Dublin we don't really have the option of driving, it would be an extra 2 days either side!

Oh please let this be sorted soon, for everyone travelling anywhere and for those who are just trying to live in france.

please please PULEEEEEEEEESE!!!!

Is my desperation a little strong :rolleyes1
Hugs to all :hug:
Rosabelle x

Yes, I do hope this can be sorted soon, not just tbecause I am going myself in a few weeks but for anyone travelling within the next few days, it is very worrying. I completely respect their right to strike, if only we would wake up and take some action over here in Britain too tbh! But, it's concerning when your travelling when all this is going on.

On the BBC news site:

'The unions have called two further days of protests on top of the rolling strikes in protest at the government's plans to increase the retirement age from 60 to 62 and the full state pension age from 65 to 67'

Seems those 2 days are in addition to whats already going on! It really is concerning!

We should be OK for fuel (we drive over on Sunday), but the worry is not knowing what the roads/ports will be like, and what will it be like at DLP? Surely they will start running low on supplies of food etc if the fuel shortage is that bad?!

I'm trying not to let it worry me too much, but I am finding it hard to get excited, and we leave for Folkestone tomorrow!

Oh well, off to pack, maybe that'll do the trick!

I've been avoiding the news lately (public servant buying her head in the sand about the governments spending review) so had no idea the strikes were this bad.

I hope everyone who is travelling soon has a uneventful journey and makes if over to DLP ok.

Hugs to all of you who are worried :grouphug:

We got back on Thursday night. We drove and dh's car easily did the return journey on one tank but we did notice that the service stations got busier and busier (cars and lorries backed up onto the motorway) the closer we got to Paris. The ones in the north seemed fine so my advice would be to keep topping up as you head towards Paris until queues prevent this. The garage next to Santa Fe did have a delivery whilst we were there but they were restricting everyone to a max purchase of 40litres of fuel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter