Stroller Accessories, What are your recommendations?

Mikeb1892

Mouseketeer
Looking to get a clip on fan (or 2) and an adjustable sun shade. If you have one of these and love it, please let me know what you have. There seem to be so many options and we're not sure what to get.

Also, if you have any other great stroller accessory ideas, please share.

I'll get started... One great accessory we use is a battery powered string of mini LED Christmas lights. This makes our stroller very easy to find at night and looks really cool also!

We got our fan on Amazon. It is rechargeable with a sub port and blows a ton of air. Can't rememver the brand though. We also have a Diono fan and it is ok.

We got a cooler bag for our City Mini GT. We liked that we could put a frozen bottle of water in it and it would stay really cold all day.

Also loved our sippy cup strap. Kept the cup from hitting the ground lots of times!

And the mommy clip for clipping stuff to the stroller.

We take a City Mini double, and the two accessories that I make sure we have when we pack is the parent console and a hook. You might have to pick one of those if you only have a single stroller. I use the hook for carrying my bag. I put it on my shoulder when we park the stroller, but it goes on the hook while we walk around.

The parent console is wonderful. It can easily hold 2 cups, plus park maps, extra baby socks, and other small items.

I plan to put glow in the dark bracelets or necklaces on our stroller every time we head out in the evening next time. They don't light all of the parks as well as you might expect (especially the World Showcase), and having the stroller glow will just be a little easier.

A cup holder/parent console is a must IMO. I need that on my stroller regardless of where I am! I also tend to keep a rain cover handy, and some kind of blanket, usually light fleece. It can be used for sitting or warming up in the evening.

I second the sippy cup/snack cup tether. Depending on style, I have extended the life of a paci clip by using it as one.

I recently saw a saddle bag type attachment on Amazon. I am thinking about getting it for diapers, etc. It is mesh, so it would be quick through security.

Last time we went DS was 2 and 1/2, it was the 4th of July weekend. We took our britax umbrella stroller and purchased several travel accessories.
The good:
A Rayshade, which turned out to be an excellent investment since it not only shaded DS from the sun while he was awake, it was big enough to stretch and pull it over enclosing the whole front portion of the stroller for naptime. We could also fold the stroller with the thing still attached.
A stroller cooler (JL childress), which was a great place to store cool drinks and snacks (instead of a parent console),
The bad:
A stroller fan, which was a waste of money. DS thought it was a super cool toy, and broke it within 20 minutes by repeatedly putting his finger on the fan to stop it.
Several kind of toy/cup tethers, another waste, an invitation for items to be thrown to see what happened. They did help us identify our stroller though. We just avoided giving him anything but water while on the stroller.
A cup holder for the sippy cup/snack cup (brica snackpod), another waste, it kept the stroller form folding properly, so we had to remove it every time we folded it. It also kept falling off.
A Rain cover, I think having one is a good idea, but we got the Jeep standard weather shield and it was a piece of $@#. DS got soaked from the waist down. Thank God he thought it was hilarious as opposed to having a meltdown. We ended up using a disposable poncho after the first rain. So either get a good quality one or use a poncho.

The stroller basket was big enough to leave a diaper backpack with change of clothes and other necessities, like blanket, diapers and wipes and a few other things. I wish I had a nice cupholder for myself, but to be honest reaching down to grab a drink from the cooler wasn't that much effort.

Last edited:
I recently saw a saddle bag type attachment on Amazon. I am thinking about getting it for diapers, etc. It is mesh, so it would be quick through security.

I used two of these saddle bags on our last Disney trip and I loved them. They didn't even get in the way of the trifold on my Combi Cosmo. They held a ton of stuff and never made the stroller feel tippy or overloaded, and it was easy to find things in them because they are mesh. I'd highly recommend them.

A Stroller Organizer.. We got ours from Dot&Dot in Amazon.
It holds just about everything I need and it stays attached to the stroller.

A double stroller console with the insulated cup holders, a stroller fan for each seat, and a mommy hook. We didn't need a cooler because we didn't carry any bottled water just a Brita bottle with a filter. Our snacks stayed in our backpack, which hung from the mommy hook whenever we weren't carrying it. I agree with the poster that said those sippy cup/toy tether straps are a joke. We also use little bicycle LED lights at night so that we can find the stroller easily but also so people don't walk into our all black stroller if they aren't paying attention. We got almost all of our items dirt cheap on aliexpress.com but shipping takes a few weeks so you may want to order well before your trip. Good luck and have fun.

We wrap our handlebars in ribbon so it's easy to find. And I use my regular parent console which has two cup holders and the child snack tray.

Not sure if you are renting or not. We didn't want to hassle with a stroller in the airport last time so we rented a citi mini even though we own one. I packed my snack tray because the rentals don't have them. It was great to have it!

I agree with the parent console/cup holder. We have a Britax one on our Peg stroller and love it. Holds LOTS of stuff and stays in place, even with a heavy bookbag hanging on the handlebars. We also always have a mommy hook. And when DD was small, we did like the sippy cup strap then we didn't loose her cups. Worked for us.
Recently, we bought water bottles with large handle hooks on them at Sears. They could fit over our stroller handles, which were great and we all used them. We had a stroller fan, but DD just played with it and broke it very quickly. This recent trip we bought a misting fan bottle from walmart and that worked out much better.
Other items are small clips and a thin blanket. My DD is 3.5 and still wants a stroller cover for when she is sleepy and wants to lay for a few mins in the stroller. She likes it dark, so we cover with a blanket and pin it down. The best pins I have found are at the Dollar Tree in the checkout line. They are metal multi colored clasps and we go everywhere with them. Work great closing curtains in the resort too :)

Under storage! I had a great umbrella stroller when my son was little and it had a small basket underneat. Also, I picked up a removable cup holder from babies r us.

I brought a mickey fan from the baby centre in Mk a,few,years ago which was about $15 from what I can remember. Really sturdy piece of kit with a cage over the fan so no little fingers to get caught!

We bought this one for our stroller and have had it for 3yrs, we love it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APIN8H4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

But when my DD had our GD we bought her this and are gealous LOL! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APIN8H4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

We also bought this for her as well and I have to say this is one thing I wish I had with all my LO's http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F1SCJK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage My DD uses this EVERYWHERE.

We were there in August and just knew we'd need fans to keep our kids from getting too hot in their strollers so we bought a couple battery operated ones from Babies R Us and attached them to the sides of the double City Mini stroller we rented using zip ties....best thing ever! They were big enough to blow some pretty good cool air but not too big where they'd get in the way when folding the stroller. Batteries would last a good while too, we'd have them running almost the entire time at the park (unless we were on a ride or watching a show) and only had to change them once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter