Stroller as Wheelchair for Fireworks

mliberman

Earning My Ears
Our daughter has been granted a wish trip as she's been dealing with some pretty serious medical issues the past year. She is not quite 5 and due to one of her conditions walking for long distances isn't really feasible. We're working with Dream Factory & GKTW to get her stroller marked as wheel chair(with no issue) but I was curious with this marker can we get into the wheelchair accessible section with said stroller to view the fireworks?

Our daughter has been granted a wish trip as she's been dealing with some pretty serious medical issues the past year. She is not quite 5 and due to one of her conditions walking for long distances isn't really feasible. We're working with Dream Factory & GKTW to get her stroller marked as wheel chair(with no issue) but I was curious with this marker can we get into the wheelchair accessible section with said stroller to view the fireworks?
not sure if GKTW can get the stroller as a wheelchair tag for you but it will be easy to get at GS your first day at WDW. also I do not remember a wheelchair area for MK fireworks but have uses the tag at other fireworks at WDW like fantasmic

My daughter uses a stroller as a wheelchair (we request it at guest services, no questions ever asked). The only "fireworks" we've done have been Illuminations in Epcot, and we did have access to the wheelchair viewing area. However, they were very strict about the wheelchairs/strollers lining up in the front row, and we had to sit/stand behind her. We ended up taking her out and holding her so that she could be with us and not sitting elbow to elbow with strangers (she's a toddler).

My daughter uses a stroller as a wheelchair (we request it at guest services, no questions ever asked). The only "fireworks" we've done have been Illuminations in Epcot, and we did have access to the wheelchair viewing area. However, they were very strict about the wheelchairs/strollers lining up in the front row, and we had to sit/stand behind her. We ended up taking her out and holding her so that she could be with us and not sitting elbow to elbow with strangers (she's a toddler).

Good to know as we'll be traveling with her toddler brother. And while she might go for it for a while I'm not sure how long. We were also thinking about the dessert & show at MK so that might be a better avenue for the whole family.

My sister got a stroller as wheelchair tag for my niece because she has EDS.
Its not difficult to obtain.
Strollers with a wheelchair tag are allowed where wheelchairs are allowed so yes this includes at fireworks viewing although there's plenty of spots to see fireworks so it probably isn't even necessary for that.

There are no spots at the MK for a wheelchair, there is for illumination at EPCOT ( but most of the time you do not need one. not sure about HS

That is the standard for wheelchair viewing areas for parades and also for Illuminations at Epcot.
If you are in a deep viewing area, and it’s busy enough that the whole first row is full, it’s also possible they may have 2 rows or more for wheelchairs.
There are no spots at the MK for a wheelchair, there is for illumination at EPCOT ( but most of the time you do not need one. not sure about HS
HS had a wheelchair viewing area set up for their Christmas fireworks and projection show, but I have not heard whether that area exists for their fireworks shows at other times of the year.

MK does not have wheelchair viewing areas for fireworks as gap mentioned.

AK doesn’t have any fireworks. They do have a light/projection show off the Tree of Life. It’s presented multiple times per night and guests just stand in the area. Because it’s presented multiple times, you can view it multiple times and move to a ‘better’ position for the next show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter