Stroller for 5 1/2 years old

Definitely a stroller! My daughter is 9 and this is the first year we are not bringing a double for her. Even with her barely using it last year, it was good for those long hauls to the parking lot or at the end of the day after walking. We have the MacClaren quest
So you are bringing a single Mclaren Quest for her? I also have a Quest but I find it slow and mot super easy to push.

Last edited:
So you rented one in the parks ? Was it easy to push? Did she complain it was hard?
Yup! Paid for 2 days in advance and got a couple dollar discount. They’re not the most comfortable but she only rode it for short amounts of times so she didn’t mind.

Also our middle child (2) hopped out the double to ride it a few times as well. They seemed to like them. Didn’t have any issue pushing it at all.

Yup! Paid for 2 days in advance and got a couple dollar discount. They’re not the most comfortable but she only rode it for short amounts of times so she didn’t mind.

Also our middle child (2) hopped out the double to ride it a few times as well. They seemed to like them. Didn’t have any issue pushing it at all.).
I am debating between bringing a Mclaren Quest and renting one of the doubles since my child is around 50 lbs and tall. The Quest just might be hard to push. I also like the the rented stroller in the park they don't need to be buckled it, they can safely sit since it's down low and get in and out easily on their own at an older age (6). But I am a bit concerned we might need a stroller if she is tired otherwise at night, etc, and not just in the park but to and from, etc.

I am debating between bringing a Mclaren Quest and renting one of the doubles since my child is around 50 lbs and tall. The Quest just might be hard to push. I also like the the rented stroller in the park they don't need to be buckled it, they can safely sit since it's down low and get in and out easily on their own at an older age (6). But I am a bit concerned we might need a stroller if she is tired otherwise at night, etc, and not just in the park but to and from, etc.
Yeah that last part is something to keep in mind. Our girl was able to walk to the car after both days we had the stroller. But if you foresee that being an issue you may want to bring your own.

The rented ones are utilitarian. It’s an easy option as well as there are plenty available

Stroller is worth it for the kids because there'll be a lot of walking and also I recommend using safety wrist straps especially when the park gets busy you can get these from Amazon. You can also get one with wristbands with cord in between and if you got big kids about ages 7 or 10 years approximately you can get one with a keylock too.

Screenshot_20230402_015202_com.android.chrome.jpg

I'm glad to see this. We're going the second week of June, and my son turns six in July, but I'm taking a stroller. Nobody wants to have to haul a kid around the parks all day. And, in my experience, having a sheltered place for the kiddos to take a break just overall improves everyone's mood 😂

Last year my 7 year old started feeling bad at Universal and we rented a stroller. It was a godsend. No one in Orlando bats an eye at an older kid in a stroller. I've been known to sit in a stroller myself when I need to get off my feet!

I find the park strollers easier to push than an umbrella stroller.

This will likely be our last trip with a stroller. She's 7.5 and the Joovy 360 will be sold off on FB marketplace after we get back. That is such a great stroller if you can get a used one cheap.

This will likely be our last trip with a stroller. She's 7.5 and the Joovy 360 will be sold off on FB marketplace after we get back. That is such a great stroller if you can get a used one cheap.
How tall is she? Trying to find a large stroller to rent that fits my tall child

How tall is she? Trying to find a large stroller to rent that fits my tall child
54" on the nose. Long torso. She fits with the canopy up but her head is definately pressing against it when it's up. That's how it was in August. I'm sure our next trip (May/June) is going to be a shug fit. That's why I mentioned looking for a used one because the big jogging strollers like the Joovy and BOB's are expensive. You can usually find someone selling them cheap on FB Marketplace or Craigslist.

54" on the nose. Long torso. She fits with the canopy up but her head is definately pressing against it when it's up. That's how it was in August. I'm sure our next trip (May/June) is going to be a shug fit. That's why I mentioned looking for a used one because the big jogging strollers like the Joovy and BOB's are expensive. You can usually find someone selling them cheap on FB Marketplace or Craigslist.
Wow. Does anyone rent The Joovy in WDW?

Last edited:
Wow. Does anyone rent those in WDW?
Maybe. The ones I've seen most often are the Baby Jogger brand but you really need a Joovy 360 or BOB for bigger kids. You can probably find one cheaper on FB marketplace than it would cost to rent anyway. Obviously you'd have to travel with it though which isn't always fun. Edit. I did a search for orlandor stroller rental joovy 360 and multiple places popped up. Look likes $50/5 days'ish.

Here is my daughter who is 54" and 76lbs in a Joovy 360 Ultralight (it's not that dang light hehe). So she's a little over the max weight (75lbs) and almost 10" over the max height (44"). One thing to keep in mind is that these max values are rated for jogging which obviously is putting a lot more stress on the stroller than just walking around a park. As you can see she's OK without the canopy and has to slouch a little to use the canopy. You can get a rain cover for them on Amazon for $40 that works pretty well.

Attachments

• PXL_20230423_135400180.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230423_135400180.MP.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20230423_135344886.jpg
    PXL_20230423_135344886.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 21
Maybe. The ones I've seen most often are the Baby Jogger brand but you really need a Joovy 360 or BOB for bigger kids. You can probably find one cheaper on FB marketplace than it would cost to rent anyway. Obviously you'd have to travel with it though which isn't always fun. Edit. I did a search for orlandor stroller rental joovy 360 and multiple places popped up. Look likes $50/5 days'ish.
Do you think the BOB revolution would work?

Here is my daughter who is 54" and 76lbs in a Joovy 360 Ultralight (it's not that dang light hehe). So she's a little over the max weight (75lbs) and almost 10" over the max height (44"). One thing to keep in mind is that these max values are rated for jogging which obviously is putting a lot more stress on the stroller than just walking around a park. As you can see she's OK without the canopy and has to slouch a little to use the canopy. You can get a rain cover for them on Amazon for $40 that works pretty well.
Thank you, that's very helpful!!!!! Mine is 48 inches and 46 lbs. So it gives me a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter