Stroller for 7 year old?

mmastro719

Earning My Ears
We will be visiting in August with our daughter who will have just turned 7. We don’t use a stroller anymore at home but I’m thinking with the amount of walking and the heat I’d rather play it safe than be sorry. Any stroller suggestions for a 7 year old - average size?

At that age I’d rent from Disney if it’s needed. I’m sure I’ve said this before on other threads but if you are doing a lot of long days and more of a comando style then you may end up needing it... if you take it easy you probably won’t. Both are acceptable as everyone’s preferred touring style is different...

As for a stroller for that age, if you want to rent from an offsite vendor then I’d go with a true jogging stroller as they accommodate larger kids better. I own a BOB and I’m sure my 6 year old could fit in it if needed.

Really at the end of the day, as the saying goes "you do you". As noted, this topic comes up from time to time and it becomes hotly debated. You'll get all kinds of opinions, but the only one that matters is yours.

We used strollers for our kids until they were 8, and I wouldn't change a thing. We're a very physically fit family, but WDW is huge and our trips were long, so it worked for us. As for what stroller, it was just a basic double wide, nothing fancy.

In my opinion ages 6+ with no disability should not require a stroller.
Does your daughter even want a stroller?
Everyone gets tired so just stop and grab a snack and a seat.
I certainly wouldn't buy/rent from a 3rd party and have to deal with taking it everywhere when not needed.
I vote to rent from the parks only if needed.

You can rent off-site from kingdom strollers. I love our BOB stroller. We bring it for DD1, but even DS10 fit in it. He began feeling sick at MK a couple of trips ago, and was feeling lightheaded. I carried DD( 7 mos at the time) so that DS( then 9) could sit in it. We made it back to GF with him sitting in it. He is tall...5'; but thin 80 lbs. I would think a 7 year old would fit comfortably. Have a great trip!

1BF68E5D-B1C6-446F-96EF-0EE5FCF9E8D9.png The cybex eternis is supposed to be good for older kids

The britax b agile as well

And there are special needs strollers you can rent from Disney

If you have a younger child that will be in a stroller, consider a stroller board on the back with a seat

You could even use a stroller that he won’t fit in and attach the buggy board with thx saddle and use the stroller to hold your backpacks etc.??

Albee baby online has a great deal on the cybex strollers right now (90 dollars when normally 3 hundred something)

Attachments

• 588AE4FC-314B-4503-81DC-F7B44CEEB704.png
    588AE4FC-314B-4503-81DC-F7B44CEEB704.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 14
  • A3EDD8B6-2566-4C35-A72E-67CD5519D14C.jpeg
    A3EDD8B6-2566-4C35-A72E-67CD5519D14C.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 12
View attachment 385641 The cybex eternis is supposed to be good for older kids

The britax b agile as well

And there are special needs strollers you can rent from Disney

If you have a younger child that will be in a stroller, consider a stroller board on the back with a seat

You could even use a stroller that he won’t fit in and attach the buggy board with thx saddle and use the stroller to hold your backpacks etc.??

Albee baby online has a great deal on the cybex strollers right now (90 dollars when normally 3 hundred something)
I purchased a stroller from Albee Monday night and it arrived last night so i can vouch for them being legit.

I purchased a stroller from Albee Monday night and it arrived last night so i can vouch for them being legit.

I've ordered from them before. They had the stroller I had set my eyes on, not realizing it was being discontinued.

At that age, if they have no physical issues, then they will have no problem walking during the trip. It is not like you are running a marathon, you walk, go on a ride, walk to the next ride, sit on that ride, walk to the restaurant, sit and eat, etc, etc. I walk more at my job on a daily basis then I do at WDW. And at that age, my daughter's would not be caught dead in a stroller since "they are for babies"(their words). Plus I would look at the size and weight limits. Strollers are made for toddlers and might not even fit your daughter. I would definitely ask her if she would even sit in one. Not to mention the pain in the behind factor of having to deal with one all day.

At that age, if they have no physical issues, then they will have no problem walking during the trip. It is not like you are running a marathon, you walk, go on a ride, walk to the next ride, sit on that ride, walk to the restaurant, sit and eat, etc, etc. I walk more at my job on a daily basis then I do at WDW.

You do realize how much walking a person does on average at WDW per day, right? If you walk more than that per day, that's great, but highly uncommon.

I had a stroller for my 8 yo (and me 3 yo) this past trip and was glad we did. She mostly used it at the end of the day, or whenever she got tired. Don’t pay attention to what anyone else says, expecting a child that age to be fine with walking what amounts to several miles a day is ludicrous. And age 8 is NOT age inappropriate for intermittent stroller riding under those circumstances. I’m not saying I’m a stroller expert, but I do have 5 kids and I’m a Nurse Practitioner (similar to a doctor) who works at a Pediatric practice. So, using a stroller with a child that age is reasonable and I don’t find it too horribly difficult to get around with one in Disney. We use and love the city mini double.

I had a stroller for my 8 yo (and me 3 yo) this past trip and was glad we did. She mostly used it at the end of the day, or whenever she got tired. Don’t pay attention to what anyone else says, expecting a child that age to be fine with walking what amounts to several miles a day is ludicrous. And age 8 is NOT age inappropriate for intermittent stroller riding under those circumstances. I’m not saying I’m a stroller expert, but I do have 5 kids and I’m a Nurse Practitioner (similar to a doctor) who works at a Pediatric practice. So, using a stroller with a child that age is reasonable and I don’t find it too horribly difficult to get around with one in Disney. We use and love the city mini double.

I’m glad to hear this, I’m totally on the fence since my DD6 is energetic, active, and runs circles around me. But we will be doing 1 long day at the MK. It’s our only day in Disney this trip and it will be a PPO at BOG through to close. That’s a long day for me let along a 6 year old. Anyway, I’ve been trying to decide what I want to do. I’m leaning towards bringing the BOB so she can ride on occasion and we can carry DS1 when she needs the break. And to be honest by the end of the night I’ll probably want to hop in the stroller and let someone push me out of the MK:upsidedow

I wouldn't bring one but rent one from Disney if it is needed. The Disney ones are great to push around the park. Plus you don't have to worry about someone else taking it to sell, as you do your own stroller.

We always used our kids as our guide on how much to push through during our trips, so we only used a stroller once, when our youngest was a 2 year old. That said, I realize that not everyone feels this way, and would rather have some place to store all the crap they bring into the parks, and like to spend all day rushing through the parks. Maybe it's the one and only trip they will have, IDK, but it seems more older kids are in strollers now, and Disney vacations are not as relaxing as they could be? If that's your style, bring a stroller. Just don't leave anything valuable in it, including purchases, and since you are going in August, bring a waterproof cover for it, as it will rain at least once a day, every day that you are there, LOL! Also, don't leave food in it unless you want it to be attacked by squirrels and birds (and the birds tend to poop right before they eat for some reason!)

We always used our kids as our guide on how much to push through during our trips, so we only used a stroller once, when our youngest was a 2 year old. That said, I realize that not everyone feels this way, and would rather have some place to store all the crap they bring into the parks, and like to spend all day rushing through the parks. Maybe it's the one and only trip they will have, IDK, but it seems more older kids are in strollers now, and Disney vacations are not as relaxing as they could be? If that's your style, bring a stroller. Just don't leave anything valuable in it, including purchases, and since you are going in August, bring a waterproof cover for it, as it will rain at least once a day, every day that you are there, LOL! Also, don't leave food in it unless you want it to be attacked by squirrels and birds (and the birds tend to poop right before they eat for some reason!)
I too am amazed by the increasing age of children in strollers as well as the amount of stuff people bring into the parks; I don't get it yet as long as they don't run over my heels I can mentally form the sentence "Better you than me" and go on with my life.

I too am amazed by the increasing age of children in strollers as well as the amount of stuff people bring into the parks; I don't get it yet as long as they don't run over my heels I can mentally form the sentence "Better you than me" and go on with my life.

The same could be said from the other side. Seeing people trying to drag over-tired and over-stimulated children around (instead of using a stroller) others may say "Better you than me". That is, as long as they are not screaming and crying and ruining the show for others.:ssst:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter